Superkalle

Most wanted bricks for next LDD update

On 9/2/2017 at 5:06 AM, Jason C. Hand said:

I've been wondering about a new LDD update, and whether or not the software is still supported or no. Anyone have any ideas???

I remember reading that it isn't supported anymore. Is LDD the same software that Lego employees use to design sets?

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/01/21/lego-digital-designer-officially-defunded-and-unsupported-news/

That particular story was a result of miscommunication within LEGO itself, as LDD has been updated twice since its publication. I don't believe LEGO designers use the exact same software that they have available, I do know the the alternate-model website they made that was like LEGO Rebrick or Rebuild or something used it and that is why it got updated in March and why the 1x1 brick with 2 studs on a corner got added in February of this year.

I certainly hope it gets updated again, 11 months seems like time enough to update it with new parts for this year... I mean, what else could the LDD Team be doing? Does anyone know?

8 hours ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

I mean, what else could the LDD Team be doing? Does anyone know?

Question is - is there still a LDD team?

I was using Plate1X1 W/3.2 Shaft/1.5 Hole (Part 20482) in LDD and noticed that in reality it only comes in four colours as stated on Brickset. I then noticed that in 2017 LEGO produced a similar but brand-new part: Plate 1X1, W/ 3.2 Shaft And 1.5 Hole (Part 31561) which comes in five colours as stated on Brickset. As I need to use these similar parts for builds which may possibly be recreated in reality or builds designed for LEGO Ideas (eventually), I hope that Part 31561 will be added to LDD soon so that I can accurately use the required part(s) in the correct colour(s).

P.S., the top Brick on my wanted list will always be the Flat Tile 2x3 (Part 26603) plus all of the already available printed versions, as this Brick does not only help me reduce the Brick count greatly in some of my builds, but in some situations this Brick is crucial in connecting other Bricks together so that the design will not fall apart!

In “LDD mode,” lots of bricks are missing colours or have colours that don’t actually exist.

Besides, the last part updates only added bricks in “Extended mode” (as 20482), they are not available in “LDD mode,” so, even if there ever were other updates, I doubt they would add colour information / availability in “LDD mode.”

8 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

In “LDD mode,” lots of bricks are missing colours or have colours that don’t actually exist.

Besides, the last part updates only added bricks in “Extended mode” (as 20482), they are not available in “LDD mode,” so, even if there ever were other updates, I doubt they would add colour information / availability in “LDD mode.”

I am aware of that, so when I build something digitally which may become reality I always check LEGO's database, Brickset, Bricklink, etc. to make sure that the Bricks which I use are always available in reality.

As 2017 comes to an end, here’s a compilation of the top Bricks in my most wanted Brick list for LDD.

1. Flat Tile 2x3 (Part 26603). I actually need this part for a LEGO Ideas submission very soon (where a minimised Brick Count is very important), so please add it ASAP!

2. Brick 1x1x1 2/3, W/ Vert. Knobs (Part 32952). I’ve actually wanted a part like this to build Headlights of vehicles and for attaching the Control Panel of a Microwave (represented by a Cupboard)! In the end, I stuck with LEGO’s official version found for example in the recent Pizza Van (Set 60150).

3. Plate 1x3 W/ 2 Knobs (Part 34103).

4. Tile 2x2, W/ Bow (Part 27925). Using this Brick alongside a 1/4 Circle Tile 1x1 (Part 25269) will create a Flat Tile version of a Curved Plate, a very useful technique for my LEGO Ideas submission mentioned above, so please add it ASAP too! P.S., with this combination, we can finally build Grand Pianos with completely flat covers (since we can avoid the use of Curved Plates), and I’ll update mine as soon as this Brick and the Flat Tile 2x3 are added to LDD!

5. Tile 4x4, W/ Bow (Part 27507).

6. Tile 2x2, Deg. 90, W/ Deg. 45 Cut (Part 27263).

7. Roof Tile 1x2, Deg. 45, W/O Knobs (Part 28192).

8. Plate 2x2, W/ Reduced Knobs (Part 33909).

9. Plate 1x1 Round W/ Horizontal 3.2 Shaft (Part 32828).

10. Plate 2x2, W/ Design (Part 27928).

11. Umbrella No. 1 (Part 27150).

12. Paddle, No. 1 (Part 31990).

13. Mudguard 3x4, W/ Plate, No. 1 (Part 28326).

14. Left, Staircase 6x6x4 (Part 28466).

15. Right Plate 1x2, W/ Bow, 45 Deg. Cut (Part 29119).

16. Left Plate 1x2, W/ Bow, 45 Deg. Cut (Part 29120).

17. Car Bottom, Large, Assembly/Car Chassis 6x16x2, Assembly (Part 18937).

If I think of any more I will mention them in my next post here, but for now, this list should satisfy my short-term needs and demands.

I want the new slide and staircase elements from LEGO Friends, all the animal heads from Elves, the kite-shaped tile piece from the brand-new Elves sets, the 1x1x1 2/3 brick with 2 studs on the side, the 2x2 plate with a 45 degree angle, the windshield from last year's Batmobile set and this year's Creator Rocket Rally Car, the strangely shaped windshield first introduced in the 2016 Black Panther set, and the Technic pull-back motor.

This isn't really a part, but I would really like for them to fix the bug with the dual-molded minifigure legs and to fix the 1x1 cone and 2x2 macaroni elements so they accept Technic axles all the way.

21 hours ago, Exetrius said:

LDD update is out! An old friend of ours has shared what new parts he could find:

0Xa9h95.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/7p6vlr/new_ldd_update_heres_all_i_could_find/

OMG!!! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! EVERY SINGLE PART on my list earlier has been added!!! Now I can finally finish my LEGO Ideas submission perfectly and update all of my old builds with the 2x3 Flat Tile!!! I can also finally produce a Grand Piano with a completely flat top!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, TLG!!!

Edited by suenkachun

7 hours ago, FortNerd said:

Soooo no Elves dragon head & jaw?

No they are there. I found them in the animal parts when looking. The person who posted that is also missing a bunch of the other CCBS Star Wars heads