Superkalle

Most wanted bricks for next LDD update

Any plans for the 2x3/25° slope brick #3298 being decorable in the next LDD update? :look:

I am asking cos I am doing a lot of CS builds these days that need #3298p90 (the notorious one with the golden moon pattern)

This should go here, since it's a request (and a good one). I'll move it over in a day or two.

As far as solving it now (I guess you're talking about LDD2PovRay renders), I don't know if there is a work around. Maybe bbqqq knows?

This should go here, since it's a request (and a good one). I'll move it over in a day or two.

As far as solving it now (I guess you're talking about LDD2PovRay renders), I don't know if there is a work around. Maybe bbqqq knows?

Sorry posting it in a wrong forum again...ah :sceptic: - so thanx for your help transfering my question to the right one. :wink:

And as for the LDD2Povray possible sollution: unfortunatelly there is none, cos LDD2Povray can replace ONLY ALREADY DECORABLE BRICKS from LDD, so I am affraid we have to wait till next LDD update (cos I do not consider Photoshoping as "workaround" :grin: )

Any plans for the 2x3/25° slope brick #3298 being decorable in the next LDD update? :look:

I am asking cos I am doing a lot of CS builds these days that need #3298p90 (the notorious one with the golden moon pattern)

For print decal: Just made a quick test. Place a 2x2slope(with decal) 2 unit above the target 2x3slope. In povray: Z value of the 2x2slope minus 2 before render. I will find out a better position and share the template in the ldd2povray topic soon.

For sticker decal: Have to use old LDD V4.2.5 and use a 2x2 tile and edit its lxfml to scale it to sticker size, and make its thickness to almost zero hight.

17049841461_5fc8f79192_c.jpgcs test 2 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

16431237583_e1a9ce2c5f_z.jpgcs test 3 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

For print decal: Just made a quick test. Place a 2x2slope(with decal) 2 unit above the target 2x3slope. In povray: Z value of the 2x2slope minus 2 before render. I will find out a better position and share the template in the ldd2povray topic soon.

For sticker decal: Have to use old LDD V4.2.5 and use a 2x2 tile and edit its lxfml to scale it to sticker size, and make its thickness to almost zero hight.

cs test 2 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

cs test 3 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Well, it won't be that easy as you also have to change X angle so that its decorations (its upper sloped part) is aligned with the original brick (exactly as seen in your 1st picture). Now imagine situation when there is a brick j or even more bricks that need to be edited - rotated in all 3 angles, quite difficult I guess but for simpler tasks it could work somehow... :thumbup:

Also one needs to play with .pov file which is auto-generated everytime you run a render via LDD2Povray, so that said: you may play all day long with it and then accidentally run LDD2Povray rendering and...you know what - you loose all your changes, and then your head explodes in several rounds one after another. :laugh::grin:

^^ @bublible: You can try method below link. It can apply many trick decal anywhere / any directions very quick.

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=108042

Thanx, I already did...and stil being playing with it but it simply do not work for me here: although I am able put my 3039p90 into right position and angles (OK, probably not 100% cos when I really zoom in LDD to assure myself it is positioned right it is not still somehow) when I renders it using your technique only original 3298 is rendered, if I use my temporary code made upon yours (I simply declare and include the 3039p90 brick in my custom .inc file so there is no need edit the .pov everytime I do some changes etc.) it renders both 3298 and 3039p90 BUT WITHOUT DECORATION...it looks like the 3039p90 is a tiny bit lower so the decor is hidden underneath 3298's slope... :sceptic:

Edited by bublible

Not new parts this time, but new decorations. I'd love for the letter and number tiles used in this set could all be added to LDD. Often, when I'm making an LDD file with many components (like an advent calendar, or collectible minifigures series), I think about how helpful it would be to be able to label them individually, in the program, so that I can remember what each is supposed to be for future reference. Basic letter and number tiles would help marvelously in that respect.

In case individual links to the parts help, here they are:

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

W

X

Y

Z

"V" is not listed on the Brickset Database, but obviously it comes in the set as well. Unfortunately, I don't know the Element ID in question for that part.

Dunno if this was mentioned before:

I found out that a lot of the old parts are missing in LDD, for example the transparent hinge panel 2582.

Also part 6005 (brick bow) is mentioned as 1x1x2 but shouldn't it be 1x3x2?

For all of you LDD users seeking for a way to decorate bricks at render time that are not decorable in LDD here is the final solution for you, hope you will like it guys (I make this new post today early morning):

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=108114

Edited by bublible

This time around, I'd just like to see some of the bigfig bodies be implemented in the next update. The comic book/Marvel Super Heroes Hulk body was a step in that direction.

Some ideas:

• Avengers Hulk
  • The Thing
  • LoTR Troll/Goblin King (although brick-built trolls I've seen are just as good :wink: )

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but I'd like to see minifig hands as a seperate brick. I've seen many moc's that utilize them very well and I think it would be great if we could do the same in LDD.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but I'd like to see minifig hands as a seperate brick. I've seen many moc's that utilize them very well and I think it would be great if we could do the same in LDD.

Because LEGO set designers are not allowed to use hands as separate pieces in sets, you will never see hands available as separate items in LDD. If you really want to use them in a digital MOC, you'll need to use some other software package (MLcad, LDCad, etc.).

I'd like to support this request from several years ago (but still missing from LDD, as of the latest version): http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65013entry1177561

Basically, the "Alien Conquest" alien heads needing the correct printing/details. I would understand this wasn't worth the effort if it wasn't for the fact that the cool "Alien Villainess" face printing *was* added to LDD. Why not the others? My beloved alien invaders need faces!

I'd also *beg* for microfig decorations (at least for Heroica), but I get the feeling few others would want them as much as I do (so much so that I'm currently trying to figure out alternate ways to render them).

All Bionicle G1 parts.I now doing a Bionicle-HF Breakout crossover LDD MOC and because the lacking of Bionicle parts in LDD 4.3.8,I now can only do HF Breakout version of Tahu.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

At this point I really don't care what they add, I just want an update. I'm so tired of waiting.

Though everything new since they last updated would be good. Fantastic, actually. :classic:

Can I change my answer to "ANY"?

Yes. I'll take any as well!

At this point I really don't care what they add, I just want an update. I'm so tired of waiting.

Though everything new since they last updated would be good. Fantastic, actually. :classic:

Aren't we all? We practically need a new tag that says "Impatient LDD Builder"

This was reported as an error of LDD 4, but posting it here is also appropriate.

In the Regular Mode of LDD, I could only find the Eagle Wing Right (Part 11777), but not the Eagle Wing Left (Part 11778). Instead I found the Left Wing only existing in LDD Extended. The Left Wing (Reddish Brown) needs to be added in the Regular Mode of LDD to form a complete pair of wings.

I would love that 2x2/45 degrees brick with the cash register decoration.

That's a great suggestion, but for decorations please refer to this topic, where I have also posted a very large number of suggestions, including your suggestion (I think you are referring to this design which I currently need in LDD, and there is also this new design used in the recent Simpson's Set 71016 Kwik-E-Mart, which unfortunately looks best when being used with the different additional Green Stickers). Edited by suenkachun