Superkalle

Most wanted bricks for next LDD update

Oddly enough, 91988 2x14 plates don't exist in LDD.

Not sure I understand what you mean by "oddly enough"? It's a brand new piece, released in a set just a few few weeks ago. How can you expect it to be in LDD that fast. :look:

Not sure I understand what you mean by "oddly enough"? It's a brand new piece, released in a set just a few few weeks ago. How can you expect it to be in LDD that fast. :look:

Oh, never mind then. I thought it existed before. It is odd that they would wait so long to create such a piece.

Edited by prateek

It is odd that they would wait so long to create such a piece.

That I agree on. And strange that they first now realize they need.

That I agree on. And strange that they first now realize they need.

Well to be fair, we as a community have gotten by OK without the piece for so many years, so I'm sure the case is no different for TLG's designers. They were probably more than willing to design sets where such a piece would be useful either using a larger piece, a smaller piece, or a combination of smaller pieces that added up to the desired size.

Well to be fair, we as a community have gotten by OK without the piece for so many years, so I'm sure the case is no different for TLG's designers. They were probably more than willing to design sets where such a piece would be useful either using a larger piece, a smaller piece, or a combination of smaller pieces that added up to the desired size.

Yes, that was exactly what I meant to. My point was that the TLG designers must have wanted a 2x14 for years and years, but had to work around it (just like us AFOLs). So why did they produce one now? My personal guess is that the cost of producing it was less then using a 2x8 and a 2x6 (for example). At the same time TLG has been on a continuous mission to reduce the number of part numbers (or at least they had a few years ago), and this seems to contradict that.

And I guess that if a 2x14 is here, then what's on the horizon? A 1x5 brick? :classic:

Time will tell.

I don't see a 1x4x5 frame in LDD. The glass for it is there though! I double checked (also searched) so please add it TLG!!!

I don't see a 1x4x5 frame in LDD. The glass for it is there though! I double checked (also searched) so please add it TLG!!!

Confirmed missing as well. part 2493 is the frame that glass 2494 goes in. For some reason LDD has 2494 but not 2493???

I think someone at LEGO was sleeping when they added glass without frame. It's like offering tires without the wheel to hole it in place.

Speaking of absent wheel and tire elements, there are no street/racing tires that fit on 44772 (Wheel 56mm D. x 34mm Technic Racing Medium) in LDD--only off-road tires.

Therefore, I wish for:

44771 Tire 68.8 x 36 ZR

56907 (x1825) Tire 81.6 x 36 R Technic Straight Tread

In addition, there are no tires at all that fit 2903 (Wheel 81.6 x 15 Motorcycle), so I want:

6596 Tire 81.6 x 14.2 Motorcycle Z Racing Tread

2902 Tire 81.6 x 15 Motorcycle

While not absolutely necessary, this classic wheel and tire pair would also be nice to see in LDD:

2998 Wheel 81.6 x 34 Six Spoke

2997 Tire 81.6 x 34 ZR Technic Straight Tread

-Toa Of Justice

Here is three more part's i would like to see in LDD:

99010 Technic Turntable Small Base

99010.jpg

99009 Technic Turntable Small Top

99009.jpg

92693c01Technic Linear Actuator Mini with Dark Bluish Gray Head and Orange Axle

92693c01.jpg

I would also like to see it possible for LDD to support some sort of 'sliding movement' for working with the technic linear actuator's.

Here is three more part's i would like to see in LDD:

99010 Technic Turntable Small Base

99010.jpg

99009 Technic Turntable Small Top

99009.jpg

92693c01Technic Linear Actuator Mini with Dark Bluish Gray Head and Orange Axle

92693c01.jpg

I would also like to see it possible for LDD to support some sort of 'sliding movement' for working with the technic linear actuator's.

First two are already in LDD.

I'd like to see them split the turntable into the two separate pieces that it really is. I get that they'd never use these pieces without the other in official LEGO sets, but there are surely many who do MOCs using these pieces in other ways than intended.

I'd like to see them split the turntable into the two separate pieces that it really is. I get that they'd never use these pieces without the other in official LEGO sets, but there are surely many who do MOCs using these pieces in other ways than intended.

Actually, they did use the turntable base by itself in mass quantities in the Taj Mahal set. All the more reason they should be listed separately.

The base of that turntable was used in official LEGO set before as decoration. So it should be allowed in LDD as well.

It should be easy for the LDD team to add the turntable base as a separate elements since it's allready "made". The rule of thumb in LDD however is that elements that cannot be detached once connected, should be an assembly, and not individual parts.

I guess a solution could be that they add the base in parallel with the complete assembly. I also guess however that a lot of people will start looking for the top when they see the bottom, not realising there is a complete assembly.

I wish that we could get some printings from new POTC Sets. For example: London escape, the hat and the torso printing from King Georges Officer. My link

And Captain Barbossa's hat and torso printing from Fountain of Yoth set: My link

Thats all for now.

Captain Becker

While building on LDD today I noticed (another) missing part. Strangely, I would have thought this would have already been added, as it is a Hero Factory part introduced in early 2012. The other early 2012 HF parts are on there. :look:

While building on LDD today I noticed (another) missing part. Strangely, I would have thought this would have already been added, as it is a Hero Factory part introduced in early 2012. The other early 2012 HF parts are on there. :look:

Well, not all early 2012 Hero Factory parts are there. The updates, when it comes to Hero Factory, are pretty inclusive but not comprehensive. For instance, the summer 2011 update included most of the summer 2011 Hero Factory parts, but was missing a few of the villain sets' prints and helmets. The January 2012 update added most of the early 2012 parts, but lacked that chest piece you mention, as well as some of the villains' helmets and the much-desired friction joint 98613.

I'm grateful for the Hero Factory parts they do give us, at any rate. For a theme that introduces so many parts, TLG is remarkably prompt about making those parts available digitally. I certainly hope that there will be an update in the next few months where we get some of the summer Hero Factory parts as well as some of the early 2012 parts that were skipped in the latest update.

No 6246d wrench?

It's been used and is usable in building beside having minifig hold it. Time to try LDraw files and see if I can use it there.

No 6246d wrench?

It's been used and is usable in building beside having minifig hold it. Time to try LDraw files and see if I can use it there.

It's in there. 55300 "Closed Firm Key".