Sign in to follow this  
Toltomeja

MOC: Seaside Castle

Here's my second CCC9 entry in category "Miscellanous".

Some of you might have seen this at CC forum. Nothing new here:

Frankly, this is the biggest thing my bricks can "afford". So everything had place to be put in: the palace with a courtyard, chapel, moat, and some cottages outside. Making the arcade courtyard, I was inspired by Wawel Castle, and the chapel is a bit like York Cathedral. Most of the details, like the pier, stained windows (lights!), cottages and seagulls were introduced spontaneously, that's why some of them are off-scale. But who cares? ;)

Thanks to the moat, I finally made use of "grass-scaping", which turned out to be a great way of enriching the landscape.

Enough. Just see the photos!

seaside01b.jpg_thumb.jpg seaside02b.jpg_thumb.jpg seaside05b.jpg_thumb.jpg seaside15b.jpg_thumb.jpg seaside18b.jpg_thumb.jpg seaside19b.jpg_thumb.jpg

Brickshelf gallery

Flickr gallery

I like all the technic pieces on the cathedral spires. Gives the illusion of intricate stone-work. :thumbup:

Edited by Foremast Jack

That mini castle is awesome. The scenery is awesome. The whole thing is awesome. Did I mention it is awesome?!

Wow! All the details in such a little package. The outer wall/entry way is great. Ive always liked landscapes when it comes to castles, while there's not a lot of actual foliage, you really brought a lifelike feel to the land.

I love it, and those little houses ;) first time that I see tha kind of part usage ;) clever

When I first saw the thumbnails I thought it was minifig scale on the castle! Great amount of details on such a small castle!

Just love the whole thing! Great work!!!

Amazing build.

I really like your solution for the civil cottages :)

That white bird on the castle roof must be the biggest bird in the world though ;)

I really enjoyed browsing these pictures

When I looked at the thumbnails I thought; wow that is huge.

then I clicked it and realized it was small scale, which only made it more amazing to me.

Great Job

Bart

Great build. It fooled me, I thought I was seeing a grand castle but it was micro. So well done on the details!