Sign in to follow this  
Farnheim

MOC: Side-Dump-Truck

indexed.gif V-LC-17A

Hi everybody!

To get the road traffic in my town much more busier, I've made another one a while back: a side-dump-truck. A typical truck which can be found at some regular small construction sides here in germany, and of course all over the world. This retro-conversion features a bicolor paintscheme with a short-hooded cabin, a full load of ground soil and a few more details.

seitenkipper01.jpg

seitenkipper06.jpg

seitenkipper03.jpg

seitenkipper07.jpg

seitenkipper09.jpg

seitenkipper12.jpg

seitenkipper14.jpg

The building technique is quite simple, but for those who want to build that that tipper truck yourself, a selfmade instruction can be found here. Happy bricking! :classic:

Oops! The 4-wide-guy did it again. :laugh:

Hope you like it. Any comments, critics and/or suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance + for looking,

Farnheim

Another lovely creation. Your style is similar to mine. 4 wide but with modern pieces included. I like your use of cheese slopes on the front of the truck.

Nice, i like it, now i have an idea for those rather old parts like those wheels with the red in them, just a black brick on them.. why didn't i come up with that

Wow!

I love all of the classic town models you've put out so far Farnheim! I might try to convert some of these into city 6-wides, if you don't mind! :sweet: Great job with the photography, and the model. The front really gives it an agressive stance, and the black wheels are perfect!

Dump on!

Dakar

Excellent classic town style truck 'Farnheim', it appears you have found your true Lego calling. :sweet:

Brick On Truck On ! :grin:

Nice classic work. It would be nicer if the photos didn't have such shallow depth of field. Hard to see the details with all that blurriness. :classic:

Awesome tipper truck 'Farnheim'. Again, fantastically detailed. I love seeing your builds! Do you have a city or town layout these are set in? Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

First of all, thank you guys for all the kind comments. I really appreciate it. For future projects I'll work on the photos with the white background to get them a better overall sharpness. But please be patient, because the projects I'm going post are already done.

@ Leg Godt Gud: I have plans to create a complete and detailed main street diorama with a lowered water/river/harbor scene in the foreground, mainly based on some old roadplates. Just a few are ready, that I used for all the enviromental photos.

Well, it's nothing special yet... :wink:

ufertraverse23.jpg

ufertraverse25.jpg

ufertraverse26.jpg

ufertraverse28.jpg

This is what I have so far.

ufertraverse17.jpg

And this is waiting to be done. The "Petshop" will undergo some modifications that these houses are going to fit much better to the scenario. I have plans to create a historical town gate, a little fire brigade, and some more commercial buildings.

@ JackJonespaw: I simply used two of these 3-finger-hinges and two of these as a counterpart clipped on the frame. Hope that helps...

@ Dakar: Absolutely, please convert it into 6wide. Can't wait to see your creation! :classic:

Once again, thanks a lot!