I see there was no bug fix for pairing *6541* and *87087*

:cry_sad:

You mean to get the two to connect? That's not technically a bug. Those two are probably not allowed to connect in order to discourage illegal connections. When the two are connnected nothing can legally be placed on top of or beneath them, since the tops and bottoms of the bricks would not be lined up.

Anyway, I'm sure people are curious what new decorated parts can now be generated on LDD. Here's what I've been able to find and identify:

new_decorations_4_2_5.png

Download LXF

The parts, by Bricklink name and number, are as follows:

3004pb080	Brick 1 x 2 with Cat Face Pattern
3004pb085	Brick 1 x 2 with Eyes and Freckles and Smile Pattern
3004pb086	Brick 1 x 2 with Eyes with Eyelashes and Red Smile Pattern
3068bpb431	Tile 2 x 2 with Newspaper 'THE LEGO NEWS' Pattern
3626bpb035	Minifig, Head Male Stern Eyebrows, White Pupils and Chin Dimple Pattern
3626bpb495	Minifig, Head Beard Stubble, Brown Eyebrows, Crooked Smile, White Pupils and Scar Pattern
3626bpb524	Minifig, Head Male Stern Eyebrows (one Scarred), White Pupils, Brown Chin Dimple Pattern
3626bpb591	Minifig, Head with Red Eyes, White Teeth and Silver Wrinkles Pattern
3626bpb649	Minifig, Head Beard Stubble, Goatee, Scar on Left Cheek and Eyebrow Pattern
3626cpb639	Minifig, Head Moustache Handlebar and Sideburns Brown and Gray, Brown and Gray Eyebrows, Pupils Pattern - Stud Recessed
3626cpb640	Minifig, Head Red Eyebrows and Sideburns, Determined Grin, Pupils Pattern - Stud Recessed
3626cpb641	Minifig, Head Glasses with Orange Sunglasses with Nose Piece, Open Mouth Smile, Chin Dimple Pattern - Stud Recessed
3626cpb642	Minifig, Head Glasses with Black and Silver Sunglasses, Chin Dimple, Grim Mouth Pattern - Stud Recessed
3626cpb643	Minifig, Head Male Stern Black Eyebrows, White Pupils, Frown, Sweat Drops Pattern - Stud Recessed
3626cpb652	Minifig, Head Male Dark Orange Bushy Beard and Eyebrows, Goatee, White Pupils Pattern - Stud Recessed
3626cpb653	Minifig, Head Beard Stubble, Black Raised Eyebrow, White Pupils Pattern - Stud Recessed
970c00pb126	Hips and Legs with Topographical Map and Zippered Pocket Pattern
970c00pb128	Hips and Legs with Fire Suit Pattern
970c00pb134*	Hips and Legs with Dark Blue Snake Pattern
970c00pb87	Hips and Legs with Gray Belt and Black Markings Pattern
970c00pb91	Hips and Legs with Dark Red Belt Pattern
970c00pb95	Hips and Legs with Gray Belt and Black Markings Pattern
973pb1010c01	Torso Fire Suit with Stripe and Harness with Carabiner Pattern / Red Arms / Dark Bluish Gray Hands
973pb1011c01	Torso Fire Suit with Stripe and Utility Belt Pattern / Bright Light Orange Arms / Dark Bluish Gray Hands
973pb551c01	Torso City Jacket with Pockets & Pen over Sweater, Orange Stripes Pattern / Blue Arms / Yellow Hands
973pb580c01	Torso Sweater Cropped with Bow, Heart Necklace Pattern / Red Arms / Yellow Hands
973pb624c01	Torso SW Rebel Pilot with Printed Back Pattern / Orange Arms / Black Hands
973pb828c01	Torso Ninjago Brown Rope, Gold Lion Medallion and Gray Undershirt Pattern / White Arms / Black Hands
973pb832c01	Torso Ninjago Brown Rope, Gold Medallion and Dark Red Undershirt Pattern / Red Arms / Black Hands
973pb837c01	Torso Ninjago Brown Rope, Gold Medallion and Black Undershirt Pattern / Black Arms / Black Hands
973pb912c01	Torso Ninjago Ribs and Purple Belt Pattern / Black Arms / Black Hands
973pb984c01	Torso Female Shirt with Two Buttons and Shell Pendant Pattern / Medium Blue Arms / Yellow Hands
973pb985c01	Torso Shirt Button Down with Pockets, Radio, Badge and Dark Brown Belt Pattern / Dark Tan Arms / Yellow Hands
973pb986c01	Torso Jacket with Pockets, Gold Badge and Braid, Olive Green Tie Pattern / Dark Tan Arms / Yellow Hands
973pb987c01	Torso Town Prisoner Shirt with Prison Stripes and Torn out Sleeves Pattern / Yellow Arms / Yellow Hands
973pb988c01	Torso Town Prisoner Torn Overalls over Prison Stripes Pattern / White Arms / Yellow Hands
973pb989c01	Torso Flight Suit Jacket with Name Tag and Police Badge, Zippered Pockets Pattern / Dark Blue Arms / Dark Bluish Gray Hands

...As well as one minifig torso and four minifig heads not yet listed on Bricklink. Only 970c00pb134 is missing any decorations (from the "crotch" of the hip piece).

I see there was no bug fix for pairing 6541.jpg?0 and 87087.jpg?1

:cry_sad:

I thought that was an illegal connection.

I am so glad to see all the new prints and such so far. They've awesome. :sweet:

I could have sworn Lego said that with this update they would allow you to view a parts count of your creation (since that wouldn't be competing with Design by Me anymore), but I don't see that feature....

I could have sworn Lego said that with this update they would allow you to view a parts count of your creation (since that wouldn't be competing with Design by Me anymore), but I don't see that feature....

The parts count should be at the bottom of the screen on a gray bar. If no part is selected, there should be a piece count. Maybe you're not able to see this, because you also have to maximize (is this the right term) the window.

You mean to get the two to connect? That's not technically a bug. Those two are probably not allowed to connect in order to discourage illegal connections. When the two are connnected nothing can legally be placed on top of or beneath them, since the tops and bottoms of the bricks would not be lined up.

I thought that was an illegal connection.

I don't spend much time in the LDD forums, so forgive my ignorance at the use of the word "illegal" here, but I don't understand why it wouldn't be allowed. As far as them lining up, there's no difference in setting 2 1x1 bricks side by side.

I'm not really trying to press the point, since I feel this is getting off-topic for this thread. I've dealt with not being able to use them together this long, there's no reason I can't continue. I never knew it was purposefully causing the program to crash in past though.

I don't spend much time in the LDD forums, so forgive my ignorance at the use of the word "illegal" here, but I don't understand why it wouldn't be allowed. As far as them lining up, there's no difference in setting 2 1x1 bricks side by side.

I'm not really trying to press the point, since I feel this is getting off-topic for this thread. I've dealt with not being able to use them together this long, there's no reason I can't continue. I never knew it was purposefully causing the program to crash in past though.

Yes, there is a difference. The Technic hole on 6541 is slightly higher than the stud on 87087. It's described in more detail here, on pages 2-4.

It shouldn't be crashing the program, in any event. It should just allow or disallow the connection, or possibly delete a brick or two when a new file that tries to connect the two is loaded.

Yes, there is a difference. The Technic hole on 6541 is slightly higher than the stud on 87087. It's described in more detail here, on pages 2-4.

It shouldn't be crashing the program, in any event. It should just allow or disallow the connection, or possibly delete a brick or two when a new file that tries to connect the two is loaded.

Yes, just finished reading that before I saw your post. I see the technical difference, but I don't personally find it to be an issue in real life. It's of little consequence really.

As far as the crash. You can place the two pieces together in "free space"

bricks.jpg

but when you try to move them as a pair the program crashes.

99780 - DEW WANT! Are those available in anything yet?

I'm loving the LDD mode, with the available parts for each color, though I'm skeptical on some of them. I did have fun quizzing myself on what oddball parts colors are available in what sets.

none of the pterodactyl's connection points seem to work...

If you go into building guide mode, and then click the "Generate HTML" button, at the end there is a list of parts. Is that what you mean?

PS: if you have a lower resolution screen, the navigation buttons in the HTML pages will unfortunately be out of view - you have to scroll down for every next page....it would have been better if the buttons where placed at the top of the page.

I never knew it was purposefully causing the program to crash in past though.

Of course it's not crashing the program on purpose. It's a bug in LDD (and a nasty one). It's been discussed earlier somewhere here in the forum (but I can't remember where).

Really nice addition of bricks.

Thank you for the 6573 Differential gear casing and 601948 Turntable. And for the fixed chain links.

I got all excited when I saw all the colours in the basic LDD mode, thinking they'd be purchasable through Pick a Brick (like in the previous version's basic mode) but no such luck.

Even worse, they removed the function to show you which parts are purchasable, which makes LDD completely useless if you're thinking of buying your build through LEGO.com. Why would they remove that? Shouldn't they want more Pick a Brick business? I thought the new update would be able to send a list directly to Pick a Brick for purchase now than Design by Me was being removed, but I guess I'm a chump.

Is there anyway, when building, to know what parts are avaliable through PAB or not? I purchase all my parts through PAB and it seems they have added alot of parts in alot of colors, that I doubt they are all avaliable in PAB

THanks

Sal

WFB, WI

Edited by legoboy3998

If you didn't hear it:

PaB and DbM are closing, as well as LU. I think this update is primarily to delete these features on LDD.

I have assumed that this will happen recently, but i haven't expect such a big brick update...

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake, PaB will not be closed!

Edited by _bIG_fM_

If you didn't hear it:

PaB and DbM are closing, as well as LU. I think this update is primarily to delete these features on LDD.

I have assumed that this will happen recently, but i haven't expect such a big brick update...

I thought PAB Was not closing just DBM?

I got all excited when I saw all the colours in the basic LDD mode, thinking they'd be purchasable through Pick a Brick (like in the previous version's basic mode) but no such luck.

Even worse, they removed the function to show you which parts are purchasable, which makes LDD completely useless if you're thinking of buying your build through LEGO.com. Why would they remove that? Shouldn't they want more Pick a Brick business? I thought the new update would be able to send a list directly to Pick a Brick for purchase now than Design by Me was being removed, but I guess I'm a chump.

You're right - it is weird that LEGO does not want to increase/promote brick purchaes through Pick A Brick. I'm guessing it's expensive for LEGO to pick orders through Pick-A-Brick, and maybe they think that model builders (for example using LDD) would only order very few of each part (one of that, three of that etc) to make a model. I think LEGO want Pick-A-Brick to be more of a bulk buying store. Having said that, I think it's strange that they don't just imposse some limits on the amount of bricks that people need to purchase. That would be the easy way to solve the problem.

An other reason they may not allow buying bricks from LDD, is that there is some work to make sure that LDD only has the parts that Pick-A-Brick offer at all times. Imagine the frustration if you make a model in LDD, and then you find out you can't buy the bricks because LDD and Pick-A-Brick was out of synch. For LEGO I guess it's a quality assurance issue.

In any case, I think LEGO have a communication problem here because many people don't understand why they can't buy brick at Pick-A-Brick through LDD.

I thought PAB Was not closing just DBM?

A quick search of bricset.com came up with a news story and this quote:

"The HERO Recon Team Hero Creator will be unchanged and consumers will still be able to build and buy their own customized Hero. Bricks can be bought separately, using the Pick a Brick service http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Pick-A-Brick-ByTheme ."

Sal

WFB, WI

I totaly agree 100% I just send a complaint to LEGO. Now, whats the difference between the "basic LDD Mode" and the "LDD Extended Mode".

I know that it means "assembled", but did anyone else find part 52258's name to be a bit funny?

"DRAGON'S BODY, megablocks."posterior.

EDIT: Oops... censored.

Edited by Jay Sathe

I totaly agree 100% I just send a complaint to LEGO. Now, whats the difference between the "basic LDD Mode" and the "LDD Extended Mode".

Well, LDD mode has parts already colored. This could make it more intuitive for younger builders who have trouble visualizing what the parts will look like on the model before coloring them.

It should be noted that not all parts on LDD mode exist in the colors they appear in. I believe they are colored so as to be inspiring and appealing, but not necessarily realistic.

Yeah, I heard that the reason it is 3 high, is because it can then use a standard Technic pin, and then designers can easily chose to make it with or without friction depending on pin used. So I guess we pay for that one plate extra height with increased versatility.

The new solution is very good, the problem is that I was looking for for a replacement of the missing 3149c01: looking at that pieces, I thought these could be good for that, but assembling the hinge I noticed I can't use it because it is too thick.