Sign in to follow this  
JollyRogersOne

When is the next LDD Update Scheduled?

Title says it all. I love this program. I love building very very complicated things.

My first project was the Ferrari 599 GTB Technic set, but quickly came upon 2 parts that LDD did not have.

I found a thread where another person was looking for the same pieces and someone replied that the update will be today.

Link to the thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63721

Anyway, I am quite frustrated because every project I seem to want to do, there are one or two pieces LDD does not have.

The only project I've managed to complete was the Star Wars the Clone Wars Gunship, and even then I couldn't complete the main guns on the ship

due to the ball and ball holder pieces not working right, which I completely understand why, but why include technic pieces if not all of them???

It is quite frustrating. Luckily I've started looking through instructions at each piece to make sure I have them before starting.

Yeah, it as supposed to happen today. Maybe the're getting a bit late... or they just like to mess with us :S

All we knew was that there was supposed to be an update today. We don't know when it's coming or if it's been delayed. :sceptic:

I'm building the Gunship in LDD atm too! I found a decent sollution to the ball turrets, if you're interested I could upload it.

From what I heard, it was due 18th January. But looking historically, sometimes releases has happened a day or two before or after the release date, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah man, definitely!

Here you go LINK :)

One is for the front (just flip it over for the right side) and the other one is for the rear. Enjoy!

Told you guys he said the 18th. :tongue: But I believe LEGO said the 17th (Which I just now read). So I dunno. A little worried, here. :sceptic:

Where did Lego say that? Just wondering.

Where did Lego say that? Just wondering.

LEGO Community Team Dude Kevin Hinkle passed on word to the Ambassadors from the LDD design team:

LDD will be updated on Jan 17th, to reflect the closure of DbM [Design byMe] and LU [LEGO Universe]. Since we are not constrained by the bricks available in either the picking location for DbM and the game for LU, we can broaden the amount of bricks available. People will still have the same possibility to document and share their LEGO models; we will substitute the DbM and LU themes with 2 LDD specific themes working in the same way, just with more bricks. Since the users can no longer order the model through DbM, we will add a list of bricks in a given model to the generated HTML building guide; that way people can use the list to find the bricks they need to build the model physically.

More bricks sounds good to me, although it's still sad that you won't be able to buy your creations anymore.

-BZPower.com, December 10th, 2011.

It's fine if it gets delayed until tommorow, however. Not too sizable of a delay. Eagerly awaiting it.

I haven't done the gunship yet, but I'm assuming it uses one of these, right?

ball-saucer.png

download

Not perfect, but one of them should do the job. Just keep them grouped together when moving them.

Wow, how did you manage to do that? :o

I built scaffolding to put the ball pieces where I thought they would need to be and then I would place the cup piece under them. If it didn't fit, I would keep on adjusting the scaffold until it did fit. That was before I knew how simple it was to use a "move tool" to make pieces float.

Hey does anyone have any news or update about when the next LDD update is.

The whole topic is full of information on what is known at the moment. Please read before asking!

I built scaffolding to put the ball pieces where I thought they would need to be and then I would place the cup piece under them. If it didn't fit, I would keep on adjusting the scaffold until it did fit. That was before I knew how simple it was to use a "move tool" to make pieces float.

You forgot "Like a boss" at the end of your statement lol!

Thats awesome dude

So the new update didnt have the 2 parts I am needing,

but I did notice they brought back the chain link, which I needed desperately as well,

and I'm pretty stoked about that, so I guess it isn't a total loss! Overall I'm pretty content.