BrickworldBryan

Brickworld Chicago 2012 Registration is Open

Heck, I'd sleep in under one of the MOC tables fo' free if I was allowed to *huh*

But since I'm traveling alone I suppose it doesn't hurt to pay a bit of premium on a meh customer service hotel, in exchange of being literally closer to the action and the LEGO people.

I might try this hotel. The worst that could happen is me cancelling if I decide Westin wasn't worth it, right?

Edited by wooootles

Just for the record, I never had any issues with the Westinghouse (apart from having no decent lunch). My first hotel (I am arriving in Chicago the Saturday before the event) will probably be a lot worse.

Stash, I hope you made your basement flood proof this year :grin:

Hotel booked! :sweet: It seemed so easy. :look: I wonder what will inevitably go wrong! :laugh:

Hotel booked! :sweet: It seemed so easy. :look: I wonder what will inevitably go wrong! :laugh:

Just wait, you'll get the treadmills this year! :tongue:

But you got treadmills!

And as to the Westin, well, it is a bit rubbish and as Ricey says it does have too many treadmills, but generally if you drink enough it doesn't matter... :grin:

Just wait, you'll get the treadmills this year! :tongue:

Threadmills ROCK :devil:! And we had dumbells and big balls also!

Anybody that wants to share? Quarryman :cry_happy:?

Anybody that wants to share? Quarryman :cry_happy:?

Sure, third time's the charm I guess? :classic: (then again, it wasn't that bad in 2010, was it? :look:)

Sure, third time's the charm I guess? :classic: (then again, it wasn't that bad in 2010, was it? :look:)

That's because you left one night too early and we replaced you with Hinckley and then got drunk and had a blinder :tongue: Soooo seedy the next day :sick:

That's because you left one night too early and we replaced you with Hinckley and then got drunk and had a blinder :tongue: Soooo seedy the next day :sick:

Stop reminding me! :cry_sad:

I missed this party :cry3: I call for a repeat! :drunk:

Just look for the Eurobricks Collaborative build display and its PARTY ON! Spot all the foreigners :laugh:

I might have to make it this year. I've never been to Brickworld, and it sounds like a lot of folks will be there. I'll bring a couple of Technic MOCs with me, if I go. Sounds like fun!

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Woot, I bit the bullet and booked Westin :cry_happy:

I plan to bring town buildings, and once that MOC is finished and arranged for, the next step would be the 9-hour drive from Memphis TN some months from now :wacko:

I might have to make it this year. I've never been to Brickworld, and it sounds like a lot of folks will be there. I'll bring a couple of Technic MOCs with me, if I go. Sounds like fun!

Bring the Otter...it will be loved by all (especially me).

Bring the Otter...it will be loved by all (especially me).

Hey Davey, I didn't build the Otter. That fantastic moc was built by a guy named Marius (forgot last name....starts with a "P" I think) from Vancouver. I never did get a chance to see it in person, but I did meet Marius at BrickCon last year. Super nice guy! That airplane is one of my favorite mocs.

I'm working on a Piper Super Cub that I hope to have completed by then. It won't be as large or cool as the Twin Otter that Marius built, but it will have all the proper control surfaces and a few other extras. I'll bring my backhoe too, unless I have my forwarder done by then.

At this point, things are very iffy, and I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. Contract at work ends in April, so my life after that is all up in the air. :grin:

Edited by dhc6twinotter

just got registered for my first brickworld, my girlfriend will be coming also! can't wait will be lots of fun. Not planning on any big mocs but will bring a few little things probobly. I know table space is not open but are you able to register for half tables or quarter tables? Also I was looking to maybe bring a couple of train cars but don't have a big set is there any group displays planned that anyone knows of that would like an extra few cars on display?

I have a basic City/Train layout called "Shackleton" come find me at Brickworld and I would be more than happy to add your train cars to my layout. One thing though, I am only running RC/Hybrid trains, no 9V. My name is Jeff, Look forward to meeting you.

.....anyone else getting excited? I've been watching the clock since preorders opened wishing June would hurry up and get here.

.....anyone else getting excited? I've been watching the clock since preorders opened wishing June would hurry up and get here.

Super excited, but the clock doesn´t have to rush there - have way to much building to do before take-off :laugh:!

Looking forward to seeing all of you foreigners! I am really excited, but also have a lot of building to do. Not to mention the bricklink orders I have to get going on! This is going to be the best year yet! Perhaps besides the pizza night, we should plan a party one evening for Eurobricks members as well?

Perhaps besides the pizza night, we should plan a party one evening for Eurobricks members as well?

Sounds good, why should only the ladies have a party :laugh:

Yeah, I'm excited, but unlike half of you I already finished the MOC I plan to bring. My next project will definitely take more than the remaining 2 1/2 months (I build slow).

I'm down with pizza party? In a pizza place, some area in the hotel, or in someone's room? :laugh:

As all you are getting you MOCs together for Brickworld, don't forget to enter something in the first annual Brickworld Film Festival that David Pagano and I are running. Or else... :devil:

As all you are getting you MOCs together for Brickworld, don't forget to enter something in the first annual Brickworld Film Festival that David Pagano and I are running. Or else... :devil:

Already working on it.

Figured out my space dimensions I needed. I'll see you all there too.

I nearly have my city finished. Just need to come up with 1 more idea for a building and then buy a few more 9V straight track pieces.

We'll also be teaching our usual "Intro to LEGO Animation" workshop (for the fifth year in a row)!