BrickworldBryan

Brickworld Chicago 2012 Registration is Open

Hello everyone.

It is that time of year again. We opened Brickworld Chicago registration this morning. Come be a part of this year's event and witness "The End of the World"* in person.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the event in June with the craziest EB collaboration yet!!

Regards, The Brickworld Team

* - this is only an event theme, not a prediction

Booked plane tickets a while ago, registered and paid yesterday (from what I could see then I was the first to register (An addict? Me? :blush:)), now there's just all the MOCs to build and all the other necessary planning. Looking forward to it! :sweet:

Registered and looking forward to another great Brickworld. Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones!

Nice.

Will register tonight.

First time going to BW - Can't wait to meet somee fellow EBers!

I've never been to a Brickworld before but I am very familiar with conventions. Are the workshops/panels on Thursday and Friday still good for a newbie? I won't have any MOC's to display, but was still thinking of the full access registration to see if I can learn anything from the presentations.

Also what does the "goody bag" usually consist of?

I've never been to a Brickworld before but I am very familiar with conventions. Are the workshops/panels on Thursday and Friday still good for a newbie? I won't have any MOC's to display, but was still thinking of the full access registration to see if I can learn anything from the presentations.

Also what does the "goody bag" usually consist of?

2011 was my first time and it was a lot of fun. I did participate in some workshops and some other events, had a couple mocs there (didn't win anything), and bought a lot of stuff. The workshops were a lot of fun and I definately recommend them.

Goody bag had some coupons and some stuff from Brickforge. I think it is different every year though.

just got registered for my first brickworld, my girlfriend will be coming also! can't wait will be lots of fun. Not planning on any big mocs but will bring a few little things probobly. I know table space is not open but are you able to register for half tables or quarter tables? Also I was looking to maybe bring a couple of train cars but don't have a big set is there any group displays planned that anyone knows of that would like an extra few cars on display?

Hey guys and gals,

I registered for Brickworld for the first time. Gonna be a long nine-hour drive, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I plan to bring a building MOC and maybe a few smaller ones :D

Hey guys and gals,

I registered for Brickworld for the first time. Gonna be a long nine-hour drive, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I plan to bring a building MOC and maybe a few smaller ones :D

35 registrants within 2 hours! I think I registered around number 45.

I still have too book a flight, but I still have to decide if I stay in Chicago, or also visit New York.

I'm not going to register this year but I still want to go. I used live a few miles away from that hotel. I live in northwest Indiana so I can go to Indy and Fort Wayne Brickworld too. How much does it cost for the general public?

I'm coming from Australia for my second Brick World, can't wait to catch up with everyone again and meet some new faces too :thumbup:

Question for out-of-towners who have been to this convention before:

Does the hotel typically get fully reserved the time of convention? Right now, I'm still trying to figure out whether to say a few bucks by going to a cheaper hotel and just driving a few miles to the convention everyday... OR: Just go with the convenience of staying right where the convention is.

Still thinking about the options right now, but I don't want to wait until the hotel is fully booked and force me to stay somewhere else as the only option...

Question for out-of-towners who have been to this convention before:

Does the hotel typically get fully reserved the time of convention? Right now, I'm still trying to figure out whether to say a few bucks by going to a cheaper hotel and just driving a few miles to the convention everyday... OR: Just go with the convenience of staying right where the convention is.

Still thinking about the options right now, but I don't want to wait until the hotel is fully booked and force me to stay somewhere else as the only option...

Yes, the hotel will be fully booked in advance. So I wouldn't wait too long with you're decision.

Yes, the hotel does get quite booked up. However, they have screwed with our reservation every year! The worst was last year when 4 of us had 2 rooms reserved and they changed the check in date on us; it was ridiculous!!!

Nothing special about the hotel, poor customer service in my opinion so if you can save a few bucks by driving...might be worth it.

But that's just my opinion based on every year I've had reservations with them.

Yes, the hotel does get quite booked up. However, they have screwed with our reservation every year! The worst was last year when 4 of us had 2 rooms reserved and they changed the check in date on us; it was ridiculous!!!

Nothing special about the hotel, poor customer service in my opinion so if you can save a few bucks by driving...might be worth it.

But that's just my opinion based on every year I've had reservations with them.

But you got treadmills!

Yes I was very unimpressed by the hotel and the front desk staff. I would go so far as to say that I hate Westin. however, I will be staying there this year again because it's nice to just be around with everyone at all times without having to worry about driving sleepy (or drunk, if you drink).

Right, well, there's still the thorny issue of leave to sort out, but heaven help anyone who tries to stand between me and Brickworld 2012! :devil:

Consider me registered! :grin:

(And excited! :moar: )

And as to the Westin, well, it is a bit rubbish and as Ricey says it does have too many treadmills, but generally if you drink enough it doesn't matter... :grin:

Right, well, there's still the thorny issue of leave to sort out, but heaven help anyone who tries to stand between me and Brickworld 2012! :devil:

Consider me registered! :grin:

Yay! Camera charged and ready. :tongue: