Sign in to follow this  
UsernameMDM

Heroica RPG - Quest #20: Missing Minerals!

"Alright, break it up. Last thing we need is for any of us to get nonprofessional with this. That friendship stuff is best left at the Hall. We're on a Quest here, act like it."

Dak's senses go into overdrive, telling him that there is danger near. Like he didn't know that before. Luckily, the surge of adrenaline gives him confidence. As they walk to investigate the noise, Dak pulls a Venom out of the pouch on his belt and applies the contents to his dagger.

"Silence, kid, me and Valco over here are just having a friendly conversation. Doesn't it seem to take awfully long for us to reach the noise? :grin:"

"Silence, kid, me and Valco over here are just having a friendly conversation. Doesn't it seem to take awfully long for us to reach the noise? :grin:"

"Long enough for you to get your a$$ moving, grandpa."

Edited by Darth Nihilus

"Long enough for you to get your a$ moving, grandpa."

Guts grinned behind his facewraps, the boy was an emotional wreck, but adequate in combat. In years Dak was not much younger than him, but his words and behaviour said otherwise. Perhaps the kid's past had made the kid into what he was. Guts' grin turned into a smirk, the kid was getting on his nerves, who thought it would be a good idea to put him in charge?

"Now, now kid, easy. Don't want grandpa to give you a spanking. Like last time, in the arena."

"Can we keep our voices down? I don't think whatever it is has heard us yet. Can we sneak up on it, do you think?"

"You wanna try sneaking up on an animal? Be my guest, mage."

Guts grinned behind his facewraps, the boy was an emotional wreck, but adequate in combat. In years Dak was not much younger than him, but his words and behaviour said otherwise. Perhaps the kid's past had made the kid into what he was. Guts' grin turned into a smirk, the kid was getting on his nerves, who thought it would be a good idea to put him in charge?

"Now, now kid, easy. Don't want grandpa to give you a spanking. Like last time, in the arena."

"Not anymore I'm not."

Dak replied to the thought without thinking about it. Realizing his mistake, he apologizes.

"Sorry about that. I can hear thoughts if the person is thinking about me. Aberforth, if it's growling, it's heard us already. Best thing to do is try to look as intimidating as possible. We might be able to scare it off."

"We don't know it's heard us yet! It could be growling because...uh...it has indigestion. Because...it already ate a big dinner...Eep."

Aberforth scoots himself into the middle of the group, torch raised.

"Come now Aberforth, you're old enough, you can't be scared of a silly thing like-"

Dak feels, in his mind, a sudden emptyness where there once was his knack for reading emotions and thoughts. The world seems empty now, as if there is no life left. Determined not to show the loss of his power, Dak continues his sentence.

"-that. Come on, old man, you've got the torch, you need to be up front so Tarn can see. I'll come up there with you if you're scared."

IC: De'kra keeps to the back of the group, puzzled at the hostilities the group show towards each other. The shade subconsciously touched his lifeline, which hissed warmly in response. Something about the fighting and the Kraata seemed familiar, though not this Kraata obviously. If only De'kra could remember. Regardlessly he stayed to the shadows at the back, ready to attack should a foe attack.

"You don't get to be as old as I am by underestimating funny noises in the shadows, Master Dak."

Nevertheless, Swindle sidles forward, up next to Tarn. After a few minutes of shaking nervously, he takes in the expressions of his companions, and realizes how embarrassing this is. Angry at himself, he straightens up, rolls up his poofy sleeves, and sets his hat and a jaunty angle.

"This is the one thing my old teacher told me to never, ever do. Right, let's just get it over with!" He holds the torch out, and nods at Tarn to move forward.

Edited by Dwellington

Tarn tries to look reassuringly at the old Mage as he gamely stands next to him with the torch. "That's it, keep that torch steady Mr Swindle. Don't worry, if anything comes at you it'll have to get past me first!", he said, hefting Kyrferath.

"You don't get to be as old as I am by underestimating funny noises in the shadows, Master Dak."

Nevertheless, Swindle sidles forward, up next to Tarn. After a few minutes of shaking nervously, he takes in the expressions of his companions, and realizes how embarrassing this is. Angry at himself, he straightens up, rolls up his poofy sleeves, and sets his hat and a jaunty angle.

"This is the one thing my old teacher told me to never, ever do. Right, let's just get it over with!" He holds the torch out, and nods at Tarn to move forward.

"Well, I don't intend to start letting a noise scare me, regardless. This," Dak hefts the Tfel Sword off of his back, "will take care of whatever it is quite nicely. And if that doesn't work," Dak slides the sword back into its sheath and pulls the knife out of its sheath on his hip, "I'll slip this nicely through its ribs. And if all else fails, Guts can just trash-talk it to death or Tarn can bash its head in. Whatever happens, all we need to do is make sure we're smart and play our cards right.

"Hate to say it, mage. But the kid is right, my trash-talking is top-notch. By the way kid, you really need to carry all those weapons with you? When you walk it sounds like an ironmongery... But anyway, in order to be succesful in the Hero business, it is important THAT we investigate noises like this and take the loot."

"Hate to say it, mage. But the kid is right, my trash-talking is top-notch. By the way kid, you really need to carry all those weapons with you? When you walk it sounds like an ironmongery... But anyway, in order to be succesful in the Hero business, it is important THAT we investigate noises like this and take the loot."

"Hey, this stuff has gotten me out of quite a few situations in my time at Heroica. Aberforth, I think you might not have understood the sign-ups for Heroica. We're Heroes. We're here to rid the world of evil. If that sound is what I think it is, it's evil alright."

"Yes, yes, I know. I apologize. It's just...well...I'm a wizard. In an abandoned dwarf mine, with some kind of evil creature in it. Forgive me for being overly paranoid, but my old teacher warned me about this exact kind of situation. It's a wizarding thing, really. It won't happen again."

"...as long as there isn't a bridge..."

The brave barbarian rounded the corner as the party's shadows danced lazily on the tunnel walls in the torchlight. He barely had time to level his battle axe when a missile of fangs, claws and bristled fur leapt out at him. It deftly ducked the tip of the weapon and regrouped. It seems the heroes stumbled upon a wolf den. These wolves were not gracious hosts.

wolves.jpg

The Enemies:

Alpha Male - Level 7 Beast

HP: 50/50

Special: Howl - (up to 3x) Another Wolf joins pack

Wolf A - Level 5 Beast

HP: 20/20

Special: Pack Tactics – Atk x # Wolf

Drops: None

Wolf B - Level 5 Beast

HP: 20/20

Special: Pack Tactics – Atk x # Wolf

Drops: None

The Party:

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Tarn Valco, Level 10 Barbarian, 21 year old human male ***PARTY LEADER***

Power: 20 Health: 17/17 Gold: 45

Inventory: Kyrferath, a Battle Axe (WP: 10, Water Elemental, Hollow Blade (Mead equipped), Pole-axe (WP: 3), Mead x 2, Lightning Bomb, Potion x 2, Tonic, Venom, Smelling salts, Grand Potion, Spell of Sleep, Phoenix Essence, Shovel

6554986585_3185fc777a_t.jpg

Dak Shadeaux, Level 7 Rogue, 35 yeal old half-elf Mopag ***Acting PARTY LEADER***

Power: 14 Health: 13/13 Gold: 39

Inventory: Thgir Blade (WP:5), Mockthril Knife (Equipped)(WP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Mockthril Whip (WP:4), 2 Venoms, 2 Potions, Bedroll, Shovel

av_guts.jpg

Guts Holla, Level 7 Rogue, 42 year old male human

Power: 14 Health: 13/13 Gold: 65

Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7 attacks restore 3 health), Potion, Bedroll, Shovel

heroicarpgedited12.jpg

Knifk, Level 7 Knight, 30 year old male Orc

Power:14 Health: 16/16 Gold: 65

Inventory: Tfel Blade (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Potion

MISSING IMAGE

De'kra, Level 10 Rogue, 11 year old Male Shade

Power: 15 Health: 16/16 Gold: 28

Inventory: Pongcanis Dagger(WP:5, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5), Fang Dagger(WP:4), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy(loaned to Atramor), Bedroll, Venom (1), Potions (3), Pickaxe

ABERFORTHSWINDLEPORTRAIT.jpg

Aberforth Swindle, Level 1 Mage, 62 year old human

Power:4 Health: 5/5 Ether 5/5 Gold: 5

Inventory: Torch (2 WP, fire) Simple Staff (3 WP), Amethyst Gemstone, Musty Bedroll, 1 Potion

Party Leader state order of actions. Party Members state action and target. Good luck!

Edited by UsernameMDM

IC: De'kra navigates towards the front, still hidden in the shadows. In an explosion of movement, he stabs his Shadeaux Dagger at the Wolf A. "I try limit you pain," he clicked, even as he darted at the canine.

Edited by Tanma

"Ahaha! These shouldn't be any trouble at all! DOWN YOU FILTHY CUR!"

Despite the battle cry, Swindle jumps backwards and throws some magic at the Alpha male.

IC: De'kra clicks as time randomly freezes, "One hero has to target Wolf B, otherwise Wolf B get free hit. I already handle Wolf A, but Wolf B now ignore."