Sign in to follow this  
UsernameMDM

Heroica RPG - Quest #20: Missing Minerals!

IC: De'kra shrugged at Guts's remark and clicked, "I suggest group give gem to mage, he only group person who use gems."

As usual, Tarn was slightly baffled by gems and their uses, but he thought De'kra's idea was sound.

"Mr Swindle, do you want the ruby? We should also head back to the intersection and go right if that is agreeable to those here present."

Swindle takes the ruby and polishes it with the hem of his robes, examines it, and then puts it in his pocket.

Thank you, Master Tarn. I owe you one. Yes, now let's head back and go right."

"Okay, that's settled I guess. Anything else in here?" Before the rest of the party can stop him, Dak begins to stick his hand into the alcove where they found the gem, but seeing the everyone's (Mostly Gut's, to tell the truth) disapproving looks, he pulls his hand back quickly. "Where's a good stick when you need it? Guess I'll just have to do this the hard way....."

Dak pulls something out of one of the folds of his cloak, showing a flash of metal as he does so, and then throws it toward the alcove.

If nothing happens, Dak will approach the area.

If a trap is set off, Dak will run like hell.

Edited by Darth Nihilus

Dak searches the rest of the alcove but finds nothing. The adventurers journey to the end of the tunnel, past the intersection, and come to another dead end. They double track back to the original intersection for this level.

Straight or Right?

Tarn was a little confused as to where they had already been and from which directions.

"It's easy to get turned around in a dark place like this. I am afraid my bearings have been lost slightly. So I am happy to go with Guts' suggestion. Let us tarry here no further and head straight on."

The party ventures further down the tunnel. They can feel the rock walls and ceiling closing in around them and seem to be making further descent deeper into the mountain. Swindle does not seem to mind or not notice as he absent mindedly whistles and sings a merry tune about going to work. After what seems hours, the adventurers come to another intersection.

Straight or Right?

"Straight it is!" said Tarn. He hoped that they would find something to help the Quest reach a conclusion. It seemed like they had been in this mine for days. His thoughts wandered to Ellaria, he prayed to the Gods that she was OK.

The heroes continue straight down the tunnel. They all seem to become more and more tense as they warily make their way Swindle must have noticed their current situation and stopped whistling. Twice the heroes nearly stumbled into chasms and pits, but the Steward's torch steadily lights the precarious their path. Further and further they travel, sweat dripping down their necks in the stifling air. After what seems to be the better part of the day of hearing nothing but the rhythmic clinking of their gear and the hum of the ever steady torch, the heroes are jarred to a halt by an explosive sound like rocks being crushed.

Tarn nodded, he did not like the sounds. "We should be wary, we cannot know what we are up against. May the gods find us to be in their favour."

Tarn applied Venom to Kyrferath, and made sure that his mead was snug in the hollow blade, in case he needed it in battle.

Dak pulls two bottles out of his pack, but, seeing two others applying venom to their weapons as well, puts the one with the green liquid back. He uncorks the bottle remaining in his hand, and the sharp smell of alchohol fills the nearby area. He tips the bottle upward and gulps down the Mead, wincing a bit at the taste of pure alchohol. Feeling new power coursing through his body, he smiles rather evilly, pulls out his Mockthril Dagger, and moves forward, with the rest of the party.

Swindle takes out his bottle of venom, looks at it for a moment, and then decides against using it.

He turns to the others, torch held back a bit.

"Ready when you are, gentlemen."

"Let's go!" Dak wasn't sure why everyone was waiting, but he sure wasn't putting up with it. He marched forwards, looking behind him to see if the others follow. But only a little. Appearances were everything, after all.

"Don't worry kid, I'm right behind you."

All the sarcasm and mocking was gone from Guts's voice, and with his personal piece of magic scrap-metal in hand, he walked towards the sound.

The explosive crunches ring louder and louder and louder as the heroes slink closer and closer. Could it be a rogue mining group? Or a dragon? Or some hideous magical beast spewed out of the alchemists pits?!? Or...this?....

crystal_gobbler.jpg

A rocky crystalline creatures awkwardly turns to face the heroes as it chews on rock and grabs a gold ore to munch on next. He emits a low gravelly cry and ambles towards the party. Looks like someone doesn't want to share!

The Enemy:

Crystal Gobbler - Level 5 Earth

HP: 150

Special: Spike Shard - Double damage to row

Drops: Garnet, Gold Ore

The Party:

Tarn Valco, Level 12 Barbarian, 21 year old human male ***PARTY LEADER***

Power: 22 *POISON* Health: 19/19 Gold: 50

Inventory: Kyrferath, a Battle Axe (WP: 10, Water Elemental), Pole-axe (WP: 3), Mead x 2, Grand Potion, Shovel

Dak Shadeaux, Level 10.5 Rogue, 35 year old half-elf Mopag

Power: 17 34 *ENCOURAGED* Health: 16/16 Gold: 155

Inventory: Mockthril Knife (Equipped)(WP:7), Thgir Blade (WP:5), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Mockthril Whip (WP:4), 2 Venoms, 1 Potion, Bedroll, Shovel

Guts Holla, Level 10 Rogue, 42 year old male human

Power: 17 Health: 16/16 Gold: 133

Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7 attacks restore 3 health), Potion, Bedroll, Shovel

Knifk, Level 10.5 Knight, 30 year old male Orc

Power: 17 *POISON* Health: 19/19 Gold: 75

Inventory: Tfel Blade (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Bedroll

De'kra, Level 12 Rogue, 11 year old Male Shade

Power: 17 *POISON* Health: 18/18 Gold: 88

Inventory: Pongcanis Dagger(WP:5, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5), Fang Dagger(WP:4), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy(loaned to Atramor), Bedroll, , Potions (2), Pickaxe

Aberforth Swindle, Level 5 Mage, 62 year old human

Power:7 Health: 9/9 Ether 9/9 Gold: 20

Inventory: Torch (2 WP, fire) Simple Staff (3 WP), Tonic, Venom, Amethyst, Ruby, Musty Bedroll

Party Leader state order of actions. Party Members state action and target. Good luck!

"Are you freaking kidding me?! Seriously? This...thing has been causing all those issues? Okay, fine. F*** it. Time to die, beast. :hmpf_bad: "

Dak attacks from the front row.

"Are you freaking kidding me?! Seriously? This...thing has been causing all those issues? Okay, fine. F*** it. Time to die, beast. :hmpf_bad: "

Dak attacks from the front row.

IC: De'kra shakes his head and clicks, "Doubtful, it not move quick. It not likely one such creature fast enough to eat all minerals in cave, likely there other creatures too. Knight-hero, might you try to use diplomacy on creature? If it just hungry, it not necessarily evil. Sad group no have Ranger in case creature not glitched." The shade still felt renewed from the news of parallel realities, though the pain wasn't gone, just balanced out.