Sign in to follow this  
UsernameMDM

Heroica RPG - Quest #20: Missing Minerals!

OOC: I'm not at full health, either.

"I think making sure we've cleared out this level would be wise."

You slept in a bedroll ;)

IC: De'kra awoke from his dreams, puzzled. His expressionless face gave nothing away, but there was something in his movements, like he was lost in thought. After a time he noticed the current debate and replied, "Either way group needs to remember where group has been. New heroes and I have already come to three different pathways, might exust more passages ahead. It might exist good to make a map or way of identify where group has been, in case group get lost."

"Alright chaps, If I am correct, we have not been to two places on this level, we can go back to the last intersection, where we chose to go forward, there was a side passage. If we backtrack a bit more, there was another side passage. So there are two places on this level we have not yet explored, I say we just go for them, can't have nastier things in them than this bloody spider."

"OK, it seems we have a concensus to explore. Like Guts says, there have been three intersections in this mine so far. The first one had teh wolves in, then we went right. Then we came to the second intersection and went left. Let's try to head back to the second intersection and head right."

"Then we came to the second intersection and went left. Let's try to head back to the second intersection and head right."

The heroes retrace their step back to the second intersection they encountered on this level. The tunnel here is low, forcing the heroes to crouch as they make their way. They come out into a small chamber. Swindle cautiously extends the torch forward, and the party sees a form by the back wall. Not wanting to repeat their last encounter, the heroes leap forward to overwhelm the new threat.....a dusty skeleton.

skeleton.jpg

What would the party like to do?

Edited by UsernameMDM

IC: De'kra clicked, "One of new heroes take satchel? It might help in organize weapons and gear. Also, now should group travel to first chamber and go right?"

Swindle pokes the skeleton gently with the butt of the torch, to see if he can find any kind of identification, or suggestion of how it died.

"careful there, guys. I've seen these things move as the Undead. Be wary."

Tarn readied himself, intent on the skeleton, expecting it to pop up once it was disturbed.

Tarn looks at De'kra. He had to admit, although clearly a valiant and useful member of the team, he found it hard sometimes to understand his speech patterns.

"I thought we'd covered the first intersection? It was a dead end, where we found the hounds, and the other direction allowed us to move on."

Tarn looks at De'kra. He had to admit, although clearly a valiant and useful member of the team, he found it hard sometimes to understand his speech patterns.

"I thought we'd covered the first intersection? It was a dead end, where we found the hounds, and the other direction allowed us to move on."

IC: De'kra paused for a time, analyzing his previous set of words. Carefully he replied, "I mean first chamber new heroes and I have not explore yet. I sorry for confusion."

"Ah, I see what you mean now. Well, once we see if Guts discovers anything from digging, we should indeed check out the first intersection on this level, where we originally went left, and see if there is anything to the right."

"Dibs!"

Dak grabs the satchel, grinning from ear to ear.

In his eagerness Dak failed to inspect the skeleton for traps. He found one and shared it with the party as a noxious gas spewed out of the skull, sickening the party (-3). After the fumes cleared, the party grabs the satchel and find a Bedroll, Potion, Mead & Ruined Map. Looks like the frail paper reacted poorly to the released gas.

Party leader divide the spoils.

Guts crushes the skeleton's skull with his boot, to be safe, then he digs.

Guts builds up a good sweat but finds nothing.

As Guts puts his shovel away, he says:

"Hell, this place is more bare than Dak's chin. Can I have a look at the map, is there anything we can make out, from it?"

Tarn divides up the loot thusly:

Mead to Dak

Bedroll to Knifk

Potion to Guts

He decides to keep hold of the ruined map himself for now, but lets Guts have a good look at it. As per above post from Scuba

"He must've been an adventurer, like us," Tarn mused. He wondered what had got him killed. Certainly not the Giant Spider, for she would have webbed him up to use as a snack later.

"Oops!" Dak says as the trap triggers. "Damn, that gas stinks!" He takes the Mead as it is offered, and listens to the others talking. However, something occurs to him, a memory from not long ago, perhaps a previous Quest.

Dak searches the walls of the room they're in, looking for hidden storage places, or any traces of minerals left in the rock.

"De'kra, maybe you can use that Pickaxe? It might help us find a secret passageway or room."

OOC: think of the slug as a targeting system/pet. If a weak wall exists, just have De'kra strike that barrier. Don't worry about it crushing the slug, it can take it.

IC: De'kra nodded at Dak, glad that the hybrid had begun to remember things, or at least relearn them. De'kra calmly tossed his lug-like companion at the wall, and watched as the slug disintegrated through the rock. As the slug melted through the walls, De'kra held his pickaxe at the ready. Once a weak spot was found, he would strike the wall. But are any weak walls found?"

The Party:

Tarn Valco, Level 11.5 Barbarian, 21 year old human male ***PARTY LEADER***

Power: 21 Health: 15/18 Gold: 50

Inventory: Kyrferath, a Battle Axe (WP: 10, Water Elemental), Pole-axe (WP: 3), Mead x 2, Venom, Grand Potion, Shovel

Dak Shadeaux, Level 10 Rogue, 35 year old half-elf Mopag

Power: 17 Health: 13/16 Gold: 124

Inventory: Mockthril Knife (Equipped)(WP:7), Thgir Blade (WP:5), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Mockthril Whip (WP:4), 2 Venoms, 1 Potion, Mead, Bedroll, Shovel

Guts Holla, Level 9 Rogue, 42 year old male human

Power: 16 Health: 12/15 Gold: 133

Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7 attacks restore 3 health), Potion, Venom, Bedroll, Shovel

Knifk, Level 10 Knight, 30 year old male Orc

Power: 17 Health: 12/19 Gold: 75

Inventory: Tfel Blade (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Venom, Bedroll

De'kra, Level 11.5 Rogue, 11 year old Male Shade

Power: 16 Health: 14/17 Gold: 88

Inventory: Pongcanis Dagger(WP:5, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5), Fang Dagger(WP:4), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy(loaned to Atramor), Bedroll, Venom (1), Potions (2), Pickaxe

Aberforth Swindle, Level 4 Mage, 62 year old human

Power:6 Health: 5/8 Ether 8/8 Gold: 20

Inventory: Torch (2 WP, fire) Simple Staff (3 WP), Tonic, Venom, Amethyst Gemstone, Musty Bedroll

Please check your stats.

After a little searching and ruined map reading, the party decides it's time to head to the first intersection and go the other way. They run into another intersection.

Right or left?

Edited by UsernameMDM

OOC: I take it we found nothing then?

IC: De'kra's slug launched at him, and soon vanished with De'kra's garb. "Group continue on to left?" he clicked, "or right? I suggest right path, but I have no real reason for it. As far as I recall, group has no information that make right or left any preferable, thus group might just choose random path."

"I agree, we should probably go right, otherwise we'll end up back at the mouth of the cavern."

OOC: I'm making a map of the cavern so far, I'll edit it into this post. :classic:

EDIT:

IC: Dak scrawls a crude map into the dirt, and shows the others:

6928999999_b03979761b.jpg

He points to the red X he made with the blood dripping from his hand. "That's us, and I wrote where everything we've encountered is. So, maybe before we continue we should check other paths that we haven't gone down yet? It's worth a try, and there might be loot to be had!"

Edited by Darth Nihilus

The heroes go down the right tunnel and are greeted by what seems to be a thousand panicked leathery wings!

bats.jpg

The Enemy:

Bat A - Level 3 Vermin

HP: 5/5

Bat B - Level 3 Vermin

Bat C - Level 3 Vermin

Bat D - Level 3 Vermin

Bat E - Level 3 Vermin

Bat F - Level 3 Vermin

Swarm: 1 new bat enters battle for every 1 bat that is left after turn is over.

Drops: None

The Party:

Tarn Valco, Level 11.5 Barbarian, 21 year old human male ***PARTY LEADER***

Power: 21 Health: 15/18 Gold: 50

Inventory: Kyrferath, a Battle Axe (WP: 10, Water Elemental), Pole-axe (WP: 3), Mead x 2, Venom, Grand Potion, Shovel

Dak Shadeaux, Level 10 Rogue, 35 year old half-elf Mopag

Power: 17 Health: 13/16 Gold: 124

Inventory: Mockthril Knife (Equipped)(WP:7), Thgir Blade (WP:5), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Mockthril Whip (WP:4), 2 Venoms, 1 Potion, Mead, Bedroll, Shovel

Guts Holla, Level 9 Rogue, 42 year old male human

Power: 16 Health: 12/15 Gold: 133

Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7 attacks restore 3 health), Potion, Venom, Bedroll, Shovel

Knifk, Level 10 Knight, 30 year old male Orc

Power: 17 Health: 12/19 Gold: 75

Inventory: Tfel Blade (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Venom, Bedroll

De'kra, Level 11.5 Rogue, 11 year old Male Shade

Power: 16 Health: 14/17 Gold: 88

Inventory: Pongcanis Dagger(WP:5, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5), Fang Dagger(WP:4), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy(loaned to Atramor), Bedroll, Venom (1), Potions (2), Pickaxe

Aberforth Swindle, Level 4 Mage, 62 year old human

Power:6 Health: 5/8 Ether 8/8 Gold: 20

Inventory: Torch (2 WP, fire) Simple Staff (3 WP), Tonic, Venom, Amethyst Gemstone, Musty Bedroll

Party Leader state order of actions. Party Members state action and target. Good luck!

Ooc: Do they have a special?

"I sure could use one of them exploding bombs, right now. Or a drink. I would prefer the drink."

Guts moves in to attack Bat A, from the back row.