Sign in to follow this  
UsernameMDM

Heroica RPG - Quest #20: Missing Minerals!

Tarn smiled grimly as he managed to avoid the wolf's attack and then watched it regroup with its kin.

"We can take these beasts!" he shouted encouragingly.

Tarn will attack Wolf B from the front row.

Battle Order:

Tarn Valco

Knifk

De'kra

Guts Holla

Dak Shadeaux

Aberforth Swindle

Edited by Rumble Strike

Round 1 vs Wolf Pack:

Tarn vs Wolf B - Damage

Knifk vs Alpha Male - Shield

De'kra vs Wolf A - Miss

Guts Holla vs Alpha Male - Hit

Dak Alpha Male - Miss

Swindle vs Alpha Male - Damage

The heroes charge headlong into battle. Amid the fury of blade, teeth, bone and claw, the heroes receive the first blow. Tarn arcs high with his axe, but is not fast enough for the vicious wolf and received a bite to his thigh (-5). Knifk believes his armor is his best weapon and decides to shield his party from damage the next round. De'kra glides in with a shadow's silence but slices only air as his target retreats from the strike. Not one to but outdone by his trash talking, Guts rushes the Alpha Male and stabs him with a quick thrust for (-14). Dak tries to follow up, but trips over the darting Alpha Male as it makes its way to snap at Swindle (-4).

The Enemies:

Alpha Male - Level 7 Beast

HP: 36/50

Special: Howl - (up to 3x) Another Wolf joins pack

Wolf A - Level 5 Beast

HP: 20/20

Special: Pack Tactics – Atk x # Wolf

Drops: None

Wolf B - Level 5 Beast

HP: 20/20

The Party:

Tarn Valco, Level 10 Barbarian, 21 year old human male ***PARTY LEADER***

Power: 20 Health: 12/17 Gold: 45

Inventory: Kyrferath, a Battle Axe (WP: 10, Water Elemental, Hollow Blade (Mead equipped), Pole-axe (WP: 3), Mead x 2, Lightning Bomb, Potion x 2, Tonic, Venom, Smelling salts, Grand Potion, Spell of Sleep, Phoenix Essence, Shovel

Dak Shadeaux, Level 7 Rogue, 35 yeal old half-elf Mopag ***Acting PARTY LEADER***

Power: 14 Health: 13/13 Gold: 39

Inventory: Thgir Blade (WP:5), Mockthril Knife (Equipped)(WP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Mockthril Whip (WP:4), 2 Venoms, 2 Potions, Bedroll, Shovel

Guts Holla, Level 7 Rogue, 42 year old male human

Power: 14 Health: 13/13 Gold: 65

Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:7 attacks restore 3 health), Potion, Bedroll, Shovel

Knifk, Level 7 Knight, 30 year old male Orc

Power:14 Health: 16/16 Gold: 65

Inventory: Tfel Blade (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Potion

De'kra, Level 10 Rogue, 11 year old Male Shade

Power: 15 Health: 16/16 Gold: 28

Inventory: Pongcanis Dagger(WP:5, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5), Fang Dagger(WP:4), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy(loaned to Atramor), Bedroll, Venom (1), Potions (3), Pickaxe

Aberforth Swindle, Level 1 Mage, 62 year old human

Power:3 Health: 1/5 Ether 5/5 Gold: 5

Inventory: Torch (2 WP, fire) Simple Staff (3 WP), Amethyst Gemstone, Musty Bedroll, 1 Potion

Party Leader state order of actions. Party Members state action and target. Good luck!

IC: De'kra is thankful for once that he missed, unlike all those prior fights. In a fight he will give his all, but it is harder to do so against wolves, birds, and crabs. Something about the three doesn't feel right. Sure, he will defend himself all the same and he knows that the wolves will not show him mercy, but he can't help but feel guilty. Wolves must be another part of his past, or something like them. Regardless De'kra moves to attack the Wolf A from the front row using his Shadeaux Dagger.

Edited by Tanma

"Come on you daffodills, we ain't afraid of a few rabid animals, are we?!"

With embers burning in his eyes, Guts stepped forward to attack Wolf A this time, from the front row.

"Actually, yes. Yes I am."

Swindle uses his potion on himself, before the wolves can get to him again.

EDIT: Actually, I missed the part about shielding from damage. I think I'll save my potion for the next round and I'll magic the alpha from the back row again.

Edited by Dwellington

Tarn grimaced in pain as the wolf sinks its jaws into his leg. Wiping away the blood, he raises Kyrferath once again. Tarn will attack Wolf B from the front row.

Battle Order:

Tarn Valco

Knifk

De'kra

Guts Holla

Dak Shadeaux

Aberforth Swindle

Round 2 vs Wolf Pack:

Tarn vs Wolf B - Special Damage

Knifk vs Alpha Male - Damage

De'kra vs Wolf A - Shield

Guts Holla vs Alpha Male - Critical Hit!

Dak vs Alpha Male - Shield

Swindle vs Alpha Male - Critical Hit!

The battle seemed to have taken a turn for the worst as Tarn and Knifk were pinned down. Luckily for them, Knifk's Sentinel Postion block all damage as the wolves snapped desperately at his shield. De'kra mystically mugs wolf A for 25 coins and downs the beast (-25). Not to be outdone with neither his trash talking nor anyone else's performance, Guts jumps on the Alpha Male's back and pummels it (-21). Dak sees the vulnerable state of the wolf and takes him out with a mugging for 22 coins (-22). Swindle promptly whacks wolf B on the snout with the torch (-4).

The Enemies:

Wolf B - Level 5 Beast

HP: 16/20

The Party:

Tarn Valco, Level 10 Barbarian, 21 year old human male ***PARTY LEADER***

Inventory: Kyrferath, a Battle Axe (WP: 10, Water Elemental, Hollow Blade (Mead equipped), Pole-axe (WP: 3), Mead x 2, Lightning Bomb, Potion x 2, Tonic, Venom, Smelling salts, Grand Potion, Spell of Sleep, Phoenix Essence, Shovel

Dak Shadeaux, Level 7 Rogue, 35 yeal old half-elf Mopag

Power: 14 Health: 13/13 Gold: 61

Inventory: Thgir Blade (WP:5), Mockthril Knife (Equipped)(WP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Mockthril Whip (WP:4), 2 Venoms, 2 Potions, Bedroll, Shovel

Guts Holla, Level 7 Rogue, 42 year old male human

Power: 14 Health: 13/13 Gold: 65

Knifk, Level 7 Knight, 30 year old male Orc

Power:14 Health: 16/16 Gold: 65

De'kra, Level 10 Rogue, 11 year old Male Shade

Power: 15 Health: 16/16 Gold: 53

Inventory: Pongcanis Dagger(WP:5, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5), Fang Dagger(WP:4), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy(loaned to Atramor), Bedroll, Venom (1), Potions (3), Pickaxe

Aberforth Swindle, Level 1 Mage, 62 year old human

Power:3 Health: 1/5 Ether 5/5 Gold: 5

Inventory: Torch (2 WP, fire) Simple Staff (3 WP), Amethyst Gemstone, Musty Bedroll, 1 Potion

Auto Round:

Round 3 vs Wolf Pack:

Tarn vs Wolf B - Miss

Knifk vs Wolf B - Special Damage

De'kra vs Wolf B - Special Damage

Guts Holla vs Wolf B - Damage

Dak vs Wolf B - Shield

Swindle vs Wolf B - Special Damage

The heroes thought they had this wrapped up, but the lone wolf proved dangerous. Tarn swung at thin air while Knifk raised his shield to fill the wolf's maw with cold steel. The beast unleashed its fury on De'kra (-5) and Guts (-5). The wolf leaps at Swindle, who throws down the torch and does his best to hide behind crossed arms. Again, Dak senses an opportunity, steps in front of Swindle, and mugs the remaining wolf for 22 coins (-22).

VICTORY!!!

The Party:

Tarn Valco, Level 10 1/2 Barbarian, 21 year old human male ***PARTY LEADER***

Dak Shadeaux, Level 8 Rogue, 35 yeal old half-elf Mopag

Power: 15 Health: 13/14 Gold: 73

Guts Holla, Level 8 Rogue, 42 year old male human

Power: 15 Health: 9/14 Gold: 65

Knifk, Level 8 Knight, 30 year old male Orc

Power:15 Health: 17/17 Gold: 65

De'kra, Level 10 1/2 Rogue, 11 year old Male Shade

Power: 15 Health: 11/16 Gold: 53

Aberforth Swindle, Level 2 Mage, 62 year old human

Power:4 Health: 2/6 Ether 6/6 Gold: 5

PLEASE CHECK YOUR STATS.

Edited by UsernameMDM

OOC: The numbers aren't totally right, I think.

Dak should have done 3 x 7 + 7 damage. so 28, not 22. Swindle did a critical hit, so 2 x 2 + 1 = 5 x 2 because of fire damage, = 10 damage.

Swindle's damage wouldnt have changed anything, so the only thing that this would change is that Dak gets 56 gold from this battle instead of 44.

Guts spits on the corpse of one of the wolves. Then he digs for treasure with his shovel!

IC: De'kra stares in shock as 25 gold magically appears in his inventory. As the battle ends the shade nods at the group's victory, though he stares mornfully at the wolves. "New Heroes and I dispose of bodies?" he asked suddenly, "Corpses only attract predators new heroes and I will need to fight. Also not respectful to wolves to leave bodies behind. New heroes and I burn wolves and torch?"

IC: De'kra stares in shock as 25 gold magically appears in his inventory. As the battle ends the shade nods at the group's victory, though he stares mornfully at the wolves. "New Heroes and I dispose of bodies?" he asked suddenly, "Corpses only attract predators new heroes and I will need to fight. Also not respectful to wolves to leave bodies behind. New heroes and I burn wolves and torch?"

"Bad idea, shade. These corpses won't attract more attention than their living forms until they start to smell... Well, more so than usual, I mean. Also, the smell and smoke from their burning is bound to attract attention, not to mention it will make it harder to breath in this mine, the smoke will have no where to go..."

As the rogue was talking about smoke, his mind flashed back to the past, to Strivvi... As soon as the memory had come, it went away again. His face, hidden behind the wrappings, was without emotion.

OOC: The numbers aren't totally right, I think.

Dak should have done 3 x 7 + 7 damage. so 28, not 22. Swindle did a critical hit, so 2 x 2 + 1 = 5 x 2 because of fire damage, = 10 damage.

Swindle's damage wouldnt have changed anything, so the only thing that this would change is that Dak gets 56 gold from this battle instead of 44.

OOC - I saw the first weapon in the inventory was WP 5.

Guts spits on the corpse of one of the wolves. Then he digs for treasure with his shovel!

And finds nothing.

Edited by UsernameMDM

IC: De'kra nodded and said, "I understand. I suppose wolves forage will tend to dead when they return, in they way. Still, it not right." The shade felt weighed down by his Fang Dagger now, sure it was great to have such a good weapon from a powerful hunter, but now it felt heavier. Perhaps the wolves smelled the dagger, and attacked what they thought was a rival pack.

The shade shook himself of those thoughts for the moment, he couldn't let himself drown in the past. Still, those wolves shouldn't of had to die.

"Well, I think we made a meal of those hounds! I apologise to you all. My aim isn't quite right yet, I should have spent more time in the Arena!"

OOC: Barbarians regain health after the battle, equivalent to their level, so Tarn would be back to full health.

Also as QM, people having multiple weapons with different stat numbers is a real pain when doing the calculations, however dak does have the Mockthril Knife equipped in his signature. Perhaps he should move it to be the first weapon for ease.

IC: As De'kra mourned the wolves, he noticed that a new message had been sent to him from Arthur. Carefully he wrote;

I am not sure what I can do to help, but something has crossed my mind. The fortress is bordered by a river and a forest, correct? Have you considered having your ranger speak to the creatures in those regions, perhaps they could distract and possibly even attack the elves. Should that fail the birds of the forest might be able to scout out the elven positions, or carry news. You could deliver messages in the battle to your fellow heroes, to tell them of coming attacks or vulnerabilities. Likewise you could send a bird to search for other Lion Knights, if any are lose by. Perhaps near the end you can send a bird with a message to the elves, the context depending on how well you fought.

Have you considered using gunpowder to shoot a "spear" at the foes? But make the spear packed with gunpower so that it explodes on impact. I think I saw something like that before, but I might be describing it wrong.

Aside from that I am not sure how much I could help you, as the war(s?) that I remember was a bit different. One of them was on a vast tropical island, with six villages battling an evil "demon." The villages had limited weaponry, like metal tridents and bamboo disks, and only one of them had a really strong military. I remember that two villages used mounts, one rode giant birds to give them superiority of the skies, and the other rode strong crabs which could take a lot of damage. I am not sure if that can help.

I am actually on a quest now, so I have not seen Cinna.

The Party:

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Tarn Valco, Level 10 1/2 Barbarian, 21 year old human male ***PARTY LEADER***

Power: 20 Health: 17/17 Gold: 45

6554986585_3185fc777a_t.jpg

Dak Shadeaux, Level 8 Rogue, 35 yeal old half-elf Mopag

Power: 15 Health: 13/14 Gold: 85

Inventory: Mockthril Knife (Equipped)(WP:7), Thgir Blade (WP:5), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Mockthril Whip (WP:4), 2 Venoms, 2 Potions, Bedroll, Shovel

av_guts.jpg

Guts Holla, Level 8 Rogue, 42 year old male human

Power: 15 Health: 9/14 Gold: 65

heroicarpgedited12.jpg

Knifk, Level 8 Knight, 30 year old male Orc

Power:15 Health: 17/17 Gold: 65

De'kra, Level 10 1/2 Rogue, 11 year old Male Shade

Power: 15 Health: 11/16 Gold: 53

ABERFORTHSWINDLEPORTRAIT.jpg

Aberforth Swindle, Level 2 Mage, 62 year old human

Power:4 Health: 6/6 Ether 6/6 Gold: 5

Inventory: Torch (2 WP, fire) Simple Staff (3 WP), Amethyst Gemstone, Musty Bedroll

After catching their breath, the heroes make there way back to the tunnel entrance. From there they take the opposite tunnel and venture further into the mines where they come to another intersection.

Left or Straight?

Edited by UsernameMDM

Guts tries to peek in both ways, to see if he can make anything out in the distance, also, he digs.

Guts cannot see past the glimmer of the flickering torch. His efforts go unrewarded.

"Well done, all! I'm glad I finally got a hit in on that bastard."

Dak listens down both paths, to hear any noises caused by more wolves or other manner of beasts.

OOC: I'm going to be away until late Sunday, so Scubacarrot can control my actions from this point, until I get back from my trip.