Sign in to follow this  
DoubleT

Harry Potter 05 Set's List

Oh, guess I should have looked at this thread first :$

But September sounds about right if the film is a November release. Since we are getting the new Star Wars sets in the next few months, before the film.

Jon.

I HAVE JUST SEEN THE NEW HARRY POTTER SETS... IN A LEGO CATALOG AT THE LOCAL EXPLORE STORE...

I really hate to say it, but the Durmstrang Ship(the set I was looking most forward too) uses the Jack Stone Pirate Hull... not the older hulls as I liked.

The Hungarian Horntail is one of the ugliest, 1 piece, lego creatures ever put out. If I recall it correctly, it is Brown, has a very long but thick neck... It looks(this is a small picture! And it COULD be a prototype!). Very dissapointing. It is nothing like the Half-decent VIKING Dragons.

The mermen set has one merman/woman... whos "legs" are actually a fin... a pretty cool looking face... but if I recall the set only has 1 merperson. It also has Viktor Krum as his half-shark self... Harry Potter... some small ruins... thats all i Remember.

The Graveyard Showdown or whatever it is looks okay... But I couldn't see much as I was too dissapointed looking at the Ship and the Dragon... if you have any questions about what I saw(this is 4 small pictures! and it COULD be prototypes!) I can answer...

it came with a small graveyard... Harry Potter... Voldemort(i couldn't tell if his face looked very cool or not... it was too small) And I believe a Death Eater... i cant remember what the Deatheaters faces were too look like... I know there was a guy with a white/glow in the darkish color head and looked like a skeleton... this could either be Voldemort(small picture) or a death eater.

That was the one I looked at the least though... sorry.

So how much money is Lego wasting to make four crappie over rated Harry Potter sets?

If you are going to waste money on licenses then you should make at least 10 sets every movie.

Star Wars has 10 I think for Episode 3.

Even if Lego just throws some bricks together (the do that anyways) and make 4 more small sets it would be better. Everyone always complains about prices, so thge small sets can be for the little kids to buy.

Maybe 4 was all they committed to on the production schedule. Hopefully,

we'll see more in January or else more in October that they haven't leaked

out yet.

Only 4 to me is rather strange. I agree with your sentiments, though, if

they plan only to release 4 HP sets, then I wouldn't feel bad if they

dropped the HP license.

Ben Medinets

Thanks for the news Sting! I've got lots of questions ;)

Sting, what exactly is an Exlpore Store? Is it just like a normal Lego Store? And what kind of catalogue was it? Was it an official catalogue or a staff one?

What was the rest of the Durmstrang ship like? What figures did it include?

What else was included in the dragon set apart from the dragon? And what figs?

What is in the Graveyard Showdown except the figs? What does the graveyard look like?

That's all ;)

Hey, i'll do my best to answer the questions... I really wish now I looked longer...

The Explore Store is a childrens store with all sorts of Educational toys. It is a chain as there is at least one other in the city(Winnipeg) I know of. They are not a huge supplier of Lego, but they do have some, and they may have more when the new "season" comes out.

I recall the Durmstrang Ship having one of those JackStone Pirate Hulls... with some nice looking Tan "inverted half arches" (Im trying to describe them... kind of like if you cut a "C" into a top half and bottom half) along the bridge. The color scheme I believe was tan, dark grey, and (dark?) red. I only remember seeing 2 definitive figures... one looked like the headmaster(not sure how he is presented in the movie... but im assuming its him) and one is possible Viktor Krum... I do not remember seeing sails but that could be because I didn't pay enough attention.

It was an official LEGO Catalog... the entire book was lego. It didn't have any mention of Vikings though, which surprised me... It had barcodes underneath each set, which is either for ordering or for price checking.

The Dragon set had some cool walkways around it... kind of like "spectator" stands I believe. Dumbledore came with it I believe, as well as Harry Potter on his broomstick and the golden egg. There was also some rocks as scenery down in the pit with the golden egg.

And the Graveyard has a baseplate with some tall, old looking fencing, and I believe a small "altar" kind of thing...

I really wish I looked longer and more closely, but please remember these were SMALL pictures.

Why didn't you take one of the catalogues with you?

It sounds like it is a store catalog so the store can order more sets and check the prices for them.

Well he said it was an official catalogue, but then there seems to be no reason for him not to take one.

You seem to confuse a dealar catalogue and a normal catalogue sam *wacko* Since the pics were small with barcodes, it sounds like a retailer catalogue and there is only one per shop

You seem to confuse a dealar catalogue and a normal catalogue sam *wacko* Since the pics were small with barcodes, it sounds like a retailer catalogue and there is only one per shop

Yeah.

It is an offical Lego catalog, but not the kind that gets sent in the mail or that you guys order. It's one the store gets to order from, and they probably had it on display just to show the people the new sets.

Yes, it was an offical store catalog. It was in the back and my (get this close connection) friend's brother's girlfriend works at the Explore Store and knew we were both fans of lego and said they have the catalog... so we checked it out.

If I could take it I would have scanned the pics, but alas, I could not.

I am afraid not... I looked pretty thouroughly and I could not find anything but the new Harry Potter sets... with the rumours of new Star Wars sets.... I wish I looked closer. I remember They had all the new sets we KNOW about... but nothing else.

Like i said, there was no mention of Vikings throughout the entire catalogue. And my most anticipated theme, Adventurers, was no where to be found :(.