ILYA

MOC Star Destroyer bridge

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi all!

Finally, I finished this. It took several months)

The local Moff is walking across the Executor' bridge. He has just received a reprimand from Lord vader who had called the Moff on the board of his flagship to express his displeasure. There was a special reason for Vader's anger: the level of Rebels' activity in this sector was quite high.

1.jpg

2.jpg

The conversation with the Sith was unpleasant, but it could have ended much worse...

3.jpg

The Moff tried not to think about it.

4.jpg

Nobody on Executor's bridge cares about the governor's problems - everyone has a work to do.

4a.jpg

4b.jpg

4z.jpg

5.jpg

One of the officers, who has to watch the orbit, thinks that his job is the most boring work on the whole ship.

9.jpg

His colleague, who is responsible for hyperspace coordinates, has the same opinion about his own job.

10.jpg

Thes girl is checking an arriving shuttle at the moment. Yes, not only men serve in the Imperial Fleet :)

6.jpg

Look at her colleague. He had a great birthday party tonight, and now he is having a terrible headache...

7.jpg

At the moment he receives a message from the Imerial Intelligence.

8.jpg

General view:

11.jpg

Top view:

13.jpg

General view:

11.jpg

This is really great ILYA the layout is and design is screen accurate, I would love to see it all smoothed out with tiles though :wink:. Also why is the female officer not wearing a hat?

This is really great ILYA the layout is and design is screen accurate, I would love to see it all smoothed out with tiles though :wink:. Also why is the female officer not wearing a hat?

Probably because it wouldn't stay on. :sceptic:

I love this MOC! It's greatly detailed. I would now cover every studded surface with tiles.

Very nice work :) I'd really like this as a set :wink:

Your captions are also really funny :laugh:

Have you contemplated SNOTing the floor?

Wow, very nice. The way you made the curve in the window section is really great - using the smooth part of wedge plates to put the bricks on. Tiling the floor would be great indeed. :thumbup:

Great scene.

Im sure if ILYA had enough parts he would make it tiled. I was disapointed with the my Feeding time MOC as I did not have enough tiles to make the scene smooth. In most caes the snot makes the build feel smooth, clean and finished. Every now and then studs look good for variation and texture but it depends on that your after.

Looks just like your on the bridge of the executor! When you will be building the rest of the ship? :tongue:

Maybe it will slowly become the real Star Destroyer? :wink:

The funny thing is that while the crew pit configuration in ILYA's creation is in fact accurate to that of the bridge of an Imperial II (kudos to that :thumbup:), it differs significantly from that of the Executor's, which featured rows of crew pits arranged parallel to the command walkway as opposed to perpendicular. :wink:

Now there are two simple ways to rectify this:

- Add a console to the rear of the walkway (since the bridge was redesigned for Jedi)

- Or more simply, call it something other than the bridge of the Executor. :tongue:

which featured rows of crew pits arranged parallel to the command walkway as opposed to perpendicular. :wink:

Drat I was trying to remember something about the alignment of the consoles :grin:.

Thank you all for yor replies) I am glad you enjoy this MOC.

I see, most people want the floor tiled. Well, I think I have enough tiles to do that, but I just like the current style with studs. And I am not sure if it is possible to replace wedges with tiles in an accurate way.

Also why is the female officer not wearing a hat?

Possibly, as she is almost the only woman on board, she may sometimes have privileges :wink:

But of couse, the real reason is that I don't have any black officer hats...

The funny thing is that while the crew pit configuration in ILYA's creation is in fact accurate to that of the bridge of an Imperial II (kudos to that :thumbup:), it differs significantly from that of the Executor's, which featured rows of crew pits arranged parallel to the command walkway as opposed to perpendicular. :wink:

At the beginning it was planned as just an abstract ISD bridge, not exactly the Executor's one.

I know that between Episodes V and VI they have changed these rows for some reason, so let's state that these events took place after Episode V :wink:

Possibly, as she is almost the only woman on board, she may sometimes have privileges :wink:

But of couse, the real reason is that I don't have any black officer hats...

The Rogue Shadow set (Which I assume is where you got the female officer torso) has one. :wink:

I do like this MOC, the shaping here is very nice, although I agree that everything looks better tiled. :grin:

Hello!

A great bridge layout very close to the original. Most Star Destroyer types have similar bridge layouts, so another benefit of your nicely shaped design! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Although in general I don't mind seeing studs I do feel that this scene would benefit from a smoother look. That said, there really is lots to like about this MOC, the general layout, the v-shaped windows, your custom control panels :thumbup: plus I'm quite amused by the doe-eyed look of the guy ogling the female officer :grin: .

Really enjoyed checking this one out, the classic shot of Vader staring out of the view port of the Star Destroyer is one of my favorites. You did a good job.

Many thanks to everyone!

The Rogue Shadow set (Which I assume is where you got the female officer torso) has one. :wink:

Yes, but unfortunatelly, I don't own a Rogue Shadow set :sad:

Thank you!

Where are the windscreen wipers?

There are no wipers. Perhaps they send stormtroopers out to clean the windows? :laugh:

Thank you!

There are no wipers. Perhaps they send stormtroopers out to clean the windows? :laugh:

They got the poor Stormies to clean the windows in the Lego complete saga game. :laugh:

Yes, but unfortunatelly, I don't own a Rogue Shadow set :sad:

Then, where did you get the female officer torso? I don't recall it coming in any other sets.... :sceptic: