Pavel

Captain's Ultimo Refuge

[pid][/pid]199B

My first serious building as an AFOL, I tried my best putting together an island, that would feature my two most favourite Lego Pirates official sets, the Rock Island Refuge and the Skull Island, modifying them slightly.

The scenery is, an old Imperial Soldiers fort, that was left alone for several years, until captain Ultimo and his men shipwrecked near and put the place in some order, to use it as their refuge.

6703420825_a713db032d_b.jpg

6703421515_2879413b41_b.jpg

6703420075_b8b872db04_b.jpg

6703419659_d83f682ece_b.jpg

6703419319_c9da0f3d6a_b.jpg

6703418647_e66e1b0685_b.jpg

6703417769_5d46bfa738_b.jpg

6703416295_9550729892_b.jpg

6703415245_9811f05e46_b.jpg

I like it! It has a very classic feel, and would definitely work as a very big official set from early 1990's (except for new colours and new parts of course). Expect it to be blogged on Classic-Pirates.com soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I agree! While the details aren't as modern and up to date as most MOCs these days, you've created something I'd love to build and play with. All the little areas and features look so fun and nifty.

Great job! :pir_laugh2:

I like it! It has a very classic feel, and would definitely work as a very big official set from early 1990's...

I agree. When I first saw the pictures I thought I was 10 again! :pir-classic:

Nice look! I always wanted to do a mod on my skull island, but this is far from what I had imagined!

If this would have been a big set back those days I definately would have bought it!

This gives me a warm classic-pirate feel.

Thanks for sharing!

Greetz Bjornu

Very classic :pir-classic:

I was 7 when when I demanded the skull cave, I never got it, I got a smaller one instead, vulcano island,

I can still hear my mother say "look this is also a skull cave and a lot cheaper "

Love it all the way.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

I wanted to say that It has a great classic feeling to it, so I'm going with this: The nostalgia!!!

It's very well built and a great tribute to these two old sets.

I was 7 when when I demanded the skull cave, I never got it, I got a smaller one instead, vulcano island,

I can still hear my mother say "look this is also a skull cave and a lot cheaper "

Love it all the way.

This reminds me of my own childhood. I was 10 when I wanted the skull cave but never had enough money somehow. Later I bought the vulcano island, just because the skull cave was out of my allowance budget and I loved it!

Love it all the way.

I had the same, I really wanted the armada ship but they got me the Cave of king Kahuka

Love it all the way.

This reminds me of the time when my mother said she couldn't buy me the Black Seas Barracuda, but she bought the cheaper Caribbean Clipper instead (which I loved anyway!). If your MOC had been a set back when I was very young, I probably wouldn't have had the money to afford it, but instead I would look at its picture in the catalogue for hours (just as I used to stare at pictures of Eldorado Fortress and other big sets back then, studying their every detail and regretting not having the real sets). Makes me feel quite nostalgic. :pir-classic:

:wub_drool:

My favorite MOC in a long time. Really. I'm late to the party so I can only echo what everyone else has said: you've definitely captured the classic, overgrown, palm leafy, piratey feeling: It looks much more sophisticated than its official counterpart Rock Island Refuge: and I would've played with this for hours as a kid. I really love the ramp leading into the skull's mouth for some reason. Hope to see more from you, do you have any other bases in the works?

Thank you guys and lady for nice words and thanks for blogging! I'm very happy you like it, I had really great time building it, I still remember my childhood spent watching the catalogues sceneries, they were like a bible for me. And I always wanted to build something big, in the classic theme style. Now I'm planning to get the Forbidden Island, enlarge this island slightly and include it inside. Soon I would also like to take a bird's-eye photo and post here, hopefully it'll come out nice.

:wub_drool:

My favorite MOC in a long time. Really. I'm late to the party so I can only echo what everyone else has said: you've definitely captured the classic, overgrown, palm leafy, piratey feeling: It looks much more sophisticated than its official counterpart Rock Island Refuge: and I would've played with this for hours as a kid. I really love the ramp leading into the skull's mouth for some reason. Hope to see more from you, do you have any other bases in the works?

Thank you very much! For now I'm quite stuck, as I used about 95% of the bricks I have to build this island, however one day - soon - I would like to build also soldiers' fortress, always in the style of the magical 1990s. And in rather further future, I would like to try and start using all those wonderful techniques you guys use in your MOCs.

Edit: I forgot, I would like to have a pirate ship or two aswell, for now, the only ship of this whole theme is the Spaniard's one, but really what are pirates without ship, huh? :pir-hmpf_bad: I'm quite undecided, whether to try and buy one of old ones, other than the BSB, I always had a soft spot for the Renegade Runner, I always imagined having it. It would need some modding - at least when it comes to color scheme - though. Or the other option would be to build one myself, we will see.

Was looking back over the pictures... are those coconuts in the trees?! Nice touch. Never seen that before; love it! :pir_laugh2:

Yeah, it's meant to be coconuts! I'm sure I've seen it somewhere already, eventhough I don't remember where. :pir-sweet:

Edited by Pavel