21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

My second review of the new mini sets is the 30058 STAP. I also picked this up from a Bricklink seller.

The bag.

img_5027.jpg

img_5028.jpg

Like the last Clone Wars STAP mini set you don't get many parts.

img_5032.jpg

img_5033.jpg

I have been through the last STAP instructions and this one has a few changes.

img_5036.jpg

img_5038.jpg

The major change is the long brown slope on the front here. This part replaces 5 smaller parts from the CW one.

img_5043.jpg

The finished STAP is pretty good. They have come along way since the 7121 Naboo Swamp set. :classic:

img_5044.jpg

img_5061.jpg

img_5062.jpg

img_5063.jpg

The left overs.

img_5065.jpg

The whole set.

img_5057.jpg

I like the mini sets with a minifig and this one is no exception. The finished STAP looks good to me and you can never have to many Battle Droids! Like the new Star destroyer I hope this ends up on some kind of UK news paper promo. I managed to get 29 of the last CW STAP when that promo was on. I wonder if I can beat that. :grin:

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

The most boring of the 3 new MINIs.

A STAP? C'mon we've had one already in the Sun promos.

Thanks for reviewing it Mutley :thumbup:

Nice clear and crisp pics - now to vote on this one :laugh:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This is the only one I'm getting due to the fig, great for army building unlike the minis. Could you do a STAP comparison please mutley777 with the 4 or 5 different versions.

I agree, it has been a while since we have had a brown STAP, and I am glad it has come back (I'm not a huge CW fan, so the brown of Episode 1 works for me)

First of all I have OCD, when I was in the service my job was to spot inconsistencies.

So I have to ask the question.

Is it a European thing that the sets do not include piece counts on polybags, are these prototypes?

I am not sure why it sticks out so much to me.

What is the deal with that?

Other than that love the review.

I just wish these sets would actually show up on shelves around the world instead of only found on Bricklink.

The good news is one recreation is already in my inventory, with another a few wing pieces away.

This is just a decent set. The design doesn't look too different, if at all from previous versions. Just average from me.

Is it a European thing that the sets do not include piece counts on polybags, are these prototypes?

Yeah, they only have piece counts in North America, but I don't know why that is.

This is just a decent set. The design doesn't look too different, if at all from previous versions. Just average from me.

Yeah, they only have piece counts in North America, but I don't know why that is.

Personally I like the idea of knowing how many parts I am getting.

Thanks for the information.

I guess that makes it easy to figure out price per piece. without having to look it up online.

Nice little review, I hope these manage to fly over Stateside. TRU tends to get polybags sometimes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they do, I'll be getting each one I see. The only STAPs I have are the ones in 7868.

Definitely a lot better design than the old naboo swamp stap, though I would get a few of these just for the transparent stand, these are great for space ship displays :thumbup: I wonder if these poly-bags will be available in Australia though :sceptic:

Oh, love that they made a STAP for a poly-bag set. Nice and inexpensive enough way to army build.

Hopefully TRU and Target will get them over here in the US.

Count me in as one who'd love to see a comparison pic of the various STAPs.

Edited by Taaron

What's the price of this? This is the only MINI I have any interest in, and I've never bought a polybag MINI before. This looks like a pretty good army builder, so I'll be going to my Toys "R" Us if it's decently priced. If I go, then I'll probably pick up a Clone Walker BP or two as well. :grin:

Nice review for a small set, I do wonder though: Why did they change the slope at the front? It isn't more accurate than the old way, nor does it save manufacturing costs as far as I know, so is this simply just to squeeze more money out of us? Or is there another reason?

Thanks for the review, but I won't spend money on this set myself though. It does contain some useful pieces like the transparant ones, but the other are nothing special and I don't count the battle droid as a minifigure. So I'll let this one slide.