CptMugwash

Samrd'dha City on the Isle of Gorr

6577362313_1d4727efb2_z.jpg

The City of Samrd'dha situated in the tropical centre of the beautiful island Gorr. A busy and popular city with many tourists and holiday makers coming here for it's stunning views.

The mountains, called Jhilamilata, direct to the north and east provides plenty of stone for the city. The jungle, called Pracurata, to the south east provides plenty of wood for the city.

With all of the local resources and being a tourist hot spot the city has flourished and is now the great city it is today. The main industry that drives the city is tourism and the main trade is tropical fruit from the Pracurata jungle, it also trades spices from the spice islands and stone from the Jhilamilata mountains.

The meandering Zenagi river proves tricky to traverse to the novice navigator and if you stray up one of the many tributaries you could find yourself with more than you bargained for, for the locals the river is not a problem and dozens of boats sail it everyday.

Samrd'dha has many tradeconnections, mostly with coastal cities such as Mpya Stedor, Ras-el-Akhen, Berigora, Na Ghitan, Stone Town, Barqa, Eastgate and Messahmuk.

Samrd'dha also trades with the other mainland cities such as the capital Patraea and Queen's Cross, but it takes longer to reach these places so it's quicker and easier to trade with the coatal cities, quick trade means quick money and along with the cities tourism industry it has made Samrd'dha a very rich and powerful city.

6770740535_ed8b43d578_z.jpg

Outside the City

Mines, Iron, Coal, Copper, Stone, Sandstone, Quartz, Gems, Gold, Silver (Mountains)

Lumberyard (Jungle)

Plantations, Almonds, Bananas, Coffee, Cotton, Dates, Oil Palms, Sisal (Twine & Rope), Sugar Cane, Tobacco (Jungle)

Native Tribes (Jungle)

Vineyard (Desert)

Farms, Goats, Cattle, Ostriches, Sheep, Pigs (Jungle)

Ruins (Jungle)

Crypt (Desert)

Inside the city

1. Gatehouse, City walls and watchtowers

2. Barracks and Officer's house

3. Market

4. Embassy

5. Royal and dignitaries houses

6. Palace

7. Docks

8. Taverns and Inns

9. Glassworks

10. Apothecary, Baker, Blacksmith, Butcher, Green Grocer, Bow maker and Fletcher, Cartographer, Jeweller, Fish Monger, Wizard Shop, Carpenter, Clothier, Wine Merchant, Candle Maker,

11. Warehouse

12. Houses

13. Public Baths

14. Grand Hotel

15. Guild row, Wizards Guild, Warriors Guild, Crafting Guild, Traders Guild

16. Beach houses

17. Ship yard

18. School

19. Tourist Information and travel agency

20. Spice house

21. Dye house

22. City Forge

23. Stables

24. Laboratory

25. Coliseum

26. Slave and Animal Trader

27. Siege Workshop

28. Auction House

29. Library

30. Alchemist

31. Inventor's Workshop

32. Temple

33. Lighthouse

34. Tannery

35. Abattoir

36. Printing House

Paper Mill, Silk Weaving Mill, Sugar Mill, Windmill, Watermill,

Small Buildings

Fountains

Wells

Statues

Gallows

Norias (Irrigation for farms)

Ruins

I plan on doing most of these over the course of Historica, I'll be making a start after I get my embassy done.

*Update* 27/01/12

Updated map and list of buildings. Smallers buildings can be incorporated in larger mocs. When I think of more I'll add them.

If anyone has any ideas of some buildings I haven't listed please post them and I'll update the map, also if there are any inaccuracies please let me know, cheers.

6766998685_10407e8c7d.jpg

All great cities need leaders, I present The Maharaja Supara Adami, unlike most leaders has a wife rather than concubines. His wife, Queen of Samrd'dha, is called Kutiya Adami and has as much say as Supara in the affairs of the city. The citizens of Samrd'dha call Supara and Kutiya well balanced leaders and have helped the city thrive during their reign. The Maharaja and Queen are accompinied by their most loyal and trusted guards aswell as the High Court Wizard Jadu Padana and Royal Advisor and family friend Bara Mastiska.

My Sword and Shield to Kaliphlin.

Kcaj Nosnikta

Edited by CptMugwash

I am looking forward till the first buildings of Samrd'dha! I especially hope you'll make the colosseum as I think nobody else ever tried that :tongue:

It looks very nice, and also, I want to know, would you be interested in forming trade relations with my home town and other cities in Mitgardia through my company? We are severly lacking in spices in the north, and fruit is rather hard to find as well.

Sincerly, Jakon B. Rytight

Thanks for the comments, I'll definately be trying the coliseum, but I'll start small first. I'll be starting off the city with the Sultan once I take some pictures.

VolcanicPanik If you mean Albion in Avalonia, then maybe but this is more of a personal project and challenge for me.

Jakon Ofcourse, we are very interested in strengthening our trade relations with Mitgardia, our embassy is currently being built in Konugard and once built we will be able to discuss further.

Thank you kindly.

Kcaj Nosnikta

Very nice, lots of variety here. I have a couple of questions - is the lake salty (for the salt fields)? If so, it would imply a pretty massive tidal range, which would be unusual in a mountain river. Where do you get fresh water from? I ask because The PGTC is itching to try out its heliotropes on a desalination project somewhere.

Is the river navigable by ocean-going ships? Or they need trans-shipment at Barqa for blue water voyages?

Great stuff Kacj, I am glad you have a laboratory, maybe an inventors` workshop, an al-Khymist and a shipyard, as well as some clothiers, wine merchants could add to the mix.

:classic:

Very nice, lots of variety here. I have a couple of questions - is the lake salty (for the salt fields)? If so, it would imply a pretty massive tidal range, which would be unusual in a mountain river. Where do you get fresh water from? I ask because The PGTC is itching to try out its heliotropes on a desalination project somewhere.

Is the river navigable by ocean-going ships? Or they need trans-shipment at Barqa for blue water voyages?

Great stuff Kcaj, I am glad you have a laboratory, maybe an inventors` workshop, an al-Khymist and a shipyard, as well as some clothiers, wine merchants could add to the mix.

:classic:

Actually I never really thought about it, I might have to change it because it makes more sense if it is fresh water, just thought it was a bit different. I imagine the river to be deep and wide enough for most ships, just not the really really big ones so a trans-shipment at Barqa could be possible. Those shops are great, inventor's wrokshop, alchemist's, clothier's and wine merchant's, there's already a shipyard #17, thank you for the comments.

Actually I never really thought about it, I might have to change it because it makes more sense if it is fresh water, just thought it was a bit different. I imagine the river to be deep and wide enough for most ships, just not the really really big ones so a trans-shipment at Barqa could be possible. Those shops are great, inventor's wrokshop, alchemist's, clothier's and wine merchant's, there's already a shipyard #17, thank you for the comments.

I think it would be pretty unlikely that ocean water would make it that far upstream, so it's probably fresh. Robuko/Rasputin, if you want a location for a desal plant, Basiliscus'/Wahil's Stone Town is probably a good bet. It's on the coast, and I don't think there are any rivers there (yet).

Jakon Ofcourse, we are very interested in strengthening our trade relations with Mitgardia, our embassy is currently being built in Konugard and once built we will be able to discuss further.

Thank you kindly.

Kcaj Nosnikta

Ahh, I see, also, may I suggest that you put plenty of fireplaces in your embassy, its rather cold up here, and even more so for your people.

Ahh, I see, also, may I suggest that you put plenty of fireplaces in your embassy, its rather cold up here, and even more so for your people.

Thank you for the advice, it can get quite cold in the desert too but we are prepared for Mitgardia.

Thank you for the advice, it can get quite cold in the desert too but we are prepared for Mitgardia.

Cold in Kaliphlin? Here in Mpya Stedor, it's almost always hot :tongue:

Cold in Kaliphlin? Here in Mpya Stedor, it's almost always hot :tongue:

Night time in the barren desert is incredibly cold aswell as along the coast.

Night time in the barren desert is incredibly cold aswell as along the coast.

maybe it is because we got a micro-climate in our bay. Oh well, we don't complain :tongue:

maybe it is because we got a micro-climate in our bay. Oh well, we don't complain :tongue:

Ofcourse, they're all over the place, when night decends on the city everyone goes into the taverns, you can't beat the warmth of a good beer in your belly, here, here.

Updated, map and list and the king of the city.

Edited by CptMugwash

Finally an addition to the city, it may be small but it's a start!

Local Wine Bar

6946324627_283f3af107_z.jpg

The Front, nothing fancy for a small local bar, a sign outside along with a drunk.

6800218948_a35b35fac4_z.jpg6946325367_ebb0139a71_z.jpg

The Bar, a bit cramped but cosy. A local chatting to the barkeep about current events and Kcaj in the corner with a colleague enjoying some plonk

6946325113_739035ff1a_z.jpg

The Barkeep's Room, the barkeep must have saved up to buy that four poster bed ;)

6800218492_216f87a90a.jpg

The Roof, a place to enjoy the tropical sunshine.

6946325033_00608ed3dc_z.jpg

and it's modular.

Notes: Origionally this was going to be part of another moc but ended up going with something else. The walls are a bit bland, wasn't sure what to do with the windows, just a kind of freebuild I guess, tried to compensate by adding details here and there. I'll try and up my game for the next challenge though!

Comments and Crits Welcome.

More photos on Flickr.

Cheers.

I like it. My only suggestion would be to perhaps add a hinged back wall.

Also like the roof drainage opening. Hope no one spills anything up there as the drunk might get wet...:laugh:

Mikel

I thought about adding a removable backwall when I started taking photos, but I shall keep it in mind for future builds. Don't worry about the drunk, given his current state I don't think he'd mind, he needs a wash :laugh:

Looks like a fine place to drink!

though at first I had thought the bed was for customers... as I do get sleepy after a few kegs... :drunk:

SI Thanks, the idea was for it be a local's bar set in the residential area so the drunks won't have too far to stagger :tongue: