Jameson42

MOC: Kenosha North Pier Light

indexed.gif B-OV-19C

The Kenosha North Pier lighthouse is located in Kenosha, Wisconsin. It's a typical "Lake Michigan red tower", a sibling to the Milwaukee Pierhead Light. This light was built in 1906 as a replacement for the "Old Kenosha Light".

-From the Wikipedia article

6697008993_d3628c3829.jpg

I built this for the KLUG (Kenosha LEGO Users Group) trolley layout. It is built at 1 stud:1 foot scale, roughly minfigure scale. It is made up of 11 circular sections of decreasing size, with a difference of only 1/2 plate in diameter between each neighboring section.

6697008549_9e5fd420cd.jpg

I had a lot of fun building this one... see if you can guess how the sections are attached! Every red section is physically connected to each neighboring red section - only the base and balcony are "gravity" connected.

6697007977_84fed5f607.jpg

6697007495_002f147843.jpg

Click any of the pictures to see them bigger on my Flickr! And here are some pictures of the real thing.

I'd love to hear what you think!

default_laugh_new.gif

Funky looking lighthouse...I like it. :laugh: I'm not familiar with it, but the scene looks great. Judging from the other comments, I'd say you captured the desired effect right.

From another Wisconsinite - great work! I grew up in Sheboygan, and the Sheboygan lighthouse and Kenosha lighthouse were built at roughly the same time and to the same design. I can say you've definitely captured the look of these Great Lakes lighthouse quite well.