Sign in to follow this  
JINZONINGEN73

When was the last time a set was made for Technic figures?

The last I saw of Technic figures was in some Cyber Slam sets from I think the late 90's.

And I snagged 2 racer guys from a service pack at Shop@Home in summer 2002.

Other than that... are they hiding anywhere else?

Do any 2000 and up models even fit their bodies?

...They're discontinued... aren't they?

:-(

Edited by JINZONINGEN 73

Ah, the Technifigs. The memories, the memories.

I really wish Lego hadn't discontinued them, considering I only got one, and he's mssing a hand and foot now. The purple Cyborg had some great scultping, too.

Petition, anyone? These figures were compatible with both Lego and Technic pieces, and I'd love to see them brought back.

Plus, I always loved watching mine kick the megablocks off of the Fabuland figs. They deserved it, they did.

I got into Lego after 2000, so I pretty much missed them. It seemed like such a logical thing... System had minifigs... Technic had their figs.

I didn't think they'd vanish. : /

Maybe they were shelved for being too "action-figurey", possibly cutting into the profit of the Bionicle action figures?

:-/

It should be said that I think the 2 could co-exist, profitably.

And that I personally would find Technic vehicles more interesting / purchase if they ever actually had drivers.

Those were the days. I was lucky enough to buy the pack of 3 technic figures that has been once released. One thing that annoyed me though was the lack of possibilities for those figs. They were bigger than minifigs but didn't offer much more.

Beside the cool snow line (best technic line ever for me, it was like having a system theme into a technic scale)

Yeah, you're right about that. Larger, but all I could customize was popping off heads and arms.

I sincerely hope they come out with some redesigned ones that are more "fun" like minifigs.

You couldn't even remove their hair. :-|

Still, buying a super-expensive technic vehicle seems "lacking" without a driver.

The last sets I had with technic figures in were 8307 Turbo Racer and 8457 Power puller

Both sets came out in 2000.

I must admit they all just ended up in a parts box and i dont really use them

Sorry for reviving an old thread :)

I just bought for of these figs at a recycle shop for 1 euro (there was also a mecanno fig included)

I plan to make a ten wide scale train for these, I was inspired by this guy:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2153622

The only stupid thing is that there are no female figs, do the female 4+ heads fit on maxi figs?

ANybody got any cool moc for these figs?

A very nice project, highlandcattle. *y*

BTW, can you imagine some kind of TFs town? 8-| *sweet*

Well, maybe too close to miniland scale I guess....

A very nice project, highlandcattle. *y*

BTW, can you imagine some kind of TFs town? 8-| *sweet*

Well, maybe too close to miniland scale I guess....

Well, I thought about making a train (a small steamer) first and then see where I go from there. These figs are actually very big compared to regular minifigs! I was thinking about drawing inspriration from playmobil trains but they would have to be even bigger!

anyways here is a oic (not mine) with all sorts of TF:

100_0557.jpg

In any cas this project has got me real excited!

Yeah, you're right about that. Larger, but all I could customize was popping off heads and arms.

I sincerely hope they come out with some redesigned ones that are more "fun" like minifigs.

You couldn't even remove their hair. :-|

Still, buying a super-expensive technic vehicle seems "lacking" without a driver.

That's not entirely correct. You could also remove the legs and the feet from their sockets without much force. ;-)

Wow, there were a lot of TFs.... Amazingly.... 8-|

A giant train.... sounds really great! *y*

I once tried fitting one of these "maxi figures" in the cockpit of my 3451 Sopwith Camel. Even with the legs off the man still stuck out quite a bit.... :-(

I have a number of those figures and they are a nice addition to any lego-collection, their flexibility was amazing when they first came out.

Looks very promising, highlandcattle! I guess the train wheels and tracks

ANybody got any cool moc for these figs?

I built a Rocket Sled for one of these figs a couple of years back.

It's really too bad that they don't make these any more. They were action-figure sized, and had all the coolness of Lego.