Oky

What % of your Lego Collection is Star Wars?

How many sets in your Lego Collection are Star Wars?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Including all subthemes

• 0-9%
    • 10-19%
    • 20-29%
    • 30-39%
    • 40-49%
    • 50-59%
    • 60-69%
    • 70-79%
    • 80-89%
    • 90-99%
    • I own nothing but Star Wars!

More than 20%....less than 29%.....city makes up most of my collection.

Sadly my SW/CW collection might have to be reduced so I can buy more city. :cry3:

Hmm, I am at just 5,63% and I own 37 Star Wars sets, most of them from 1999. I stopped collecting them at the end of 2002.

Somebody with advanced mathematical skills will now be able to calculate the exact amount of sets I have in total: I challenge you! :laugh:

Of 288 different sets, 270 are Star Wars. So about 94%.

@simonwillems: 657 sets in total

Edited by gratefulnat

100% dedicated to increasing the bank balance of a well-known film director! :wink:

In all seriousness, there's so much Lego available I've decided to restrict myself to SW, otherwise it would get far too expensive (and overwhelm my hobby room). I did purchase one Technic set last year, but sold it so that I could re-invest the money in other SW sets.

I agree... The only reason i have a few non is that's what family got me for x-mas.... :thumbup:

Then where did you get all those Atlantis pieces for your Ackbar vehicles? :tongue:

:laugh: Got me! I wrote I also had a lot of parts, right? I bought a big bag of parts by someone giving up his collection. Most of the parts were Atlantis, but I don't know the sets and I haven't bought them as sets. Lots of cool parts, though!

Of the sets I've purchased myself, all of them is SW. Except Emerald. :wink:

The % may vary a lot if you consider the set or the parts.

For example, a big UCS may be equivalent to many battle packs.

So, you should reword the question to make it more specific. ;)

I think it doesn't matter UCS or MINI.. Just count sets as one each... :classic:

All sets I've bought are Star Wars, with the exception of one. But I don't buy very many sets, so that isn't saying much. :laugh:

I think it doesn't matter UCS or MINI. Just count sets as one each. :classic:

Something obvious is being missed here. Sets that are significantly larger than minifigure scale are going to count more as parts than a MINI, even if each is only one set (biomass vs. population, if anyone here remembers that from secondary school :tongue:).

Just wondering - why such frequent use of ellipses? It makes all of your ideas look unfinished, which can come across as poor posting to some.

All sets I've bought are Star Wars, with the exception of one. But I don't buy very many sets, so that isn't saying much. :laugh:

Something obvious is being missed here. Sets that are significantly larger than minifigure scale are going to count more as parts than a MINI, even if each is only one set (biomass vs. population, if anyone here remembers that from secondary school :tongue:).

Just wondering - why such frequent use of ellipses? It makes all of your ideas look unfinished, which can come across as poor posting to some.

Something is missed here... Did he say pieces or collection???

I guess i didn't know we were being tested on how people type!

Edited by lego envy

'Collection' could just as well mean a collection of parts as sets, which is probably why Anio suggested that Oky clarify the title.

I don't have anything against people attending ellipses often, but it does prove somewhat irksome when people on an online forum choose to end nearly every sentence they post with suspension points (or an excess of any punctuation, for that matter).

I think it's too much to ask to add up the part counts of all your Star Wars sets, so let's just go by number of sets. :wink: I have edited the poll question accordingly.

:laugh: Got me! I wrote I also had a lot of parts, right? I bought a big bag of parts by someone giving up his collection.

Ah, I see.

93% for me, all that remains are a few Pirates II and Fantasy sets, and just boxes and boxes of loose bricks (PAB is extremely good when you just buy the boxes from the back. :devil: )

Edited by Huntleyfx

Thanks for the clarification, Oky.

I guess i didn't know we were being tested on how people type!

Not really testing, just adhering to a norm established by AFOLs that are fluent in English (as I assume you are, having grown up in the U.S. with Dapper-D2). :classic: dWhisper of FBTB has always stressed this point (see here), and as a result his posts tend to be well-written and clearly understood. But we digress.

Thanks for the clarification, Oky.

Not really testing, just adhering to a norm established by AFOLs that are fluent in English (as I assume you are, having grown up in the U.S. with Dapper-D2). :classic: dWhisper of FBTB has always stressed this point (see here), and as a result his posts tend to be well-written and clearly understood. But we digress.

So, adding 1 or 2 extra periods is really going to affect the way you read things? Your the only one to say anything about it. I do believe everyone on the board can read what us people from the U.S. write! Thanks for your opinion...

I think it's too much to ask to add up the part counts of all your Star Wars sets, so let's just go by number of sets. :wink: I have edited the poll question accordingly.

Ah, I see.

Thanks OKY for addressing the confusion..

So, adding 1 or 2 extra periods is really going to affect the way you read things?

Yes.

Edited by Fallenangel

OK, lets have a contest and see how many ellipses you can find in the topic you posted to me that you understood when you read it.

(see here)

Don't see what good that will do. I think it's better we stay on topic. I've already taken this too far.

Edited by Fallenangel

I just looked in my storage room and it is about 70% star wars.

10% train.

10% modular or other large sets that are kool

10% minifigs for the other neat sets. Toy Story, Indian Jones, DC, Batman, Spiderman. I only collect minis for these sets. Everything else gets sold on Ebay.

Mine would be slightly less than half as I buy other themes when on clearance for parts.

AC

I estimated mine at 70-79%. My main focus is Star Wars, but I also venture into other licensed themes from time to time. Currently I own Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Toy Story, Cars, Harry Potter, and (soon) Super Heroes sets.

Going by sets, 8.0% of my collection is Star Wars.

Going by pieces, 8.3% of the collection is Star Wars.

41% of my collection is SW. I thought it would be higher. The balance of my collection is City and Classic Castle.

I'm going to guess 78% or so. I have a bunch of small sets from other themes, but most of my collection is Star Wars. :vader: