Sign in to follow this  
into the blue

Battle Of Endor 8038 getting harder to find?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

So, after picking up the Ewok Attack set (7956) for the paltry sum of £12.50 yesterday, I thought that getting the Battle Of Endor set (8038) would go well with it.

Yes, I know it's a much bigger set, but I had a little spare cash this month, so I thought, "Meh, why not?"

I remember seeing this set in quite a few shops not too long ago, but do you think I could find it anywhere today?

Sold out in Toys R Us, WH Smiths, Argos, Smyths, Asda and every other toy retailer I could possibly think of visiting.

Has this set been retired?

(And yes, I realise it's available on eBay, but I was kinda hoping to get my hands on it before the weekend)

Toys R Us is the only store I've seen it in for the past year here in the USA. It's also available through Amazon for a $13.00 mark-up. I would avoid eBay at all costs unless you find a deal.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

They have them at toy r us in the us

Toys R Us is the only store I've seen it in for the past year here in the USA. It's also available through Amazon for a $13.00 mark-up. I would avoid eBay at all costs unless you find a deal.

Yep, you guys are right. I've only seen it there. Here's it is for $109 at Toys R Us.

Here it is on Bricklink. The cheapest on is 72 euros.

It's on Amazon for $112.99.

And finally on Ebay.

Amazon UK has it for £68, with free shipping if you can wait a few days. I can't post the link as I don't have 5 posts, but i'm sure you can find it easily anyway.

If you want this set, i'd order it now, as I doubt the price will get any better, and it's in the process of being retired, so at some point soon it's going to be very hard to come by, and given the exclusive figs and overall high quality (in my opinion) of the set, i'd expect the price on places like Bricklink and Ebay to rocket.

I remember seeing this set in quite a few shops not too long ago, but do you think I could find it anywhere today?

Sold out in Toys R Us, WH Smiths, Argos, Smyths, Asda and every other toy retailer I could possibly think of visiting.

My local TRUs and Toy Master both have it and so does ModelWorld all round about £65. I'm also thinking of getting it (mainly for the AT-ST :wub:).

Try a few smaller toy shops out of town, they tend to have some quite old sets, I got a ROTS AT-AP from one a few years back for £30.

It is on sale in my local LEGO Store (still Danish prices though - so not really that cheap :tongue: ) - I could buy it and send it to you? :)

Wow, it arrived this morning!

That's fast!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a breakfast to eat and a bunker to build, not necessarily in that order.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a breakfast to eat and a bunker to build, not necessarily in that order.

Finish Breakfast first, don't get food all over the nice Lego :wink:.

Didn't buy it the first time cause I thought it was overpriced so I did my own version of it. But at 30% off, I had to give in and get the last one in stock. Got an additional 10% off at the register! :sweet:

AC

That's a pretty epic MOC, ACPin.

Reminds me of the final scene in The Blues Brothers.

Did anyone else have an issue with the fishing rods that made up the Ewok glider frame?

I could not for the life of me get them to fit together.

Eventually I had to take a pin file to the holes to make them larger.

Not an ideal fix, but I eventually got them to fit.

Grr.