Sign in to follow this  
cava

Winter Village: Train Station

indexed.gif B-T-3A

Hi,

I post my proposal for the Expand the Winter Village II contest.

Being an AFoLT (Adult Fan of LEGO Trains) I built this train station for my winter village.

It features a water tank for the tender of a steam engine (in my diorama I have the Holiday Train), a timetable on the outside wall, two clocks (it is possible to turn both of them, to keep them in sync) and a fireplace whose fire may be lit with the light brick.

It features many minifigs, in particular a woman looking for her cat and railway workers (in the tower at the first floor a man controls train signals, switches and RRxing).

Below some images, more images here:

http://www.youbrick.com/v/Town/wvts

Thank you,

cava

i0003.JPG

i0006.JPG

i0013.JPG

i0014.JPG

i0015.JPG

Edited by Phred
Deleted duplicate topic.

I deleted your duplicate topic that contained posted images that didn't work.

I deleted your duplicate topic that contained posted images that didn't work.

Thank you!!

cava

Really nice!!! I might steal some of your ideas for our winter village (we have had it for almost 4 years now :)).

This is a very nice train station Cava. I like the idea of the glowing tiles to make sure the passengers don't slip off the edge! The "winter villiage" decal is a nice touch. I wonder what the station is called during the summer :blush: This should make a nice addition to the Christmas train. good luck in the contest!

Play Well

Nice classic town inspired design 'cava'....though that switching room upstairs is a little cramped eh ? :laugh:

Plus a great water tower....but no roof on it....won't it turn to ice ? :wink:

Besides that it's a great build.....though Santa with a bone....for the dog if there is one ? :wink:

Brick On in the snow 'cava' ! :classic:

Thank you all for your very nice comments!

This Xmas was my second year I built the village: the first year I felt it lacking a train station, and that for an AFoLT wasn't good...

Well, which name will have in the summer my train station? Uhm, maybe it is better if I build one for the summer season...

You're right lightningtiger, I left the dog at the Police station (from this year Advent calendar). Maybe I should add also a present for the cat!

Thank you,

happy building,

cava

Edited by cava

I really like this station - gives a Christmas glow. Would work well with the winter village series and for the Holiday Train to go through. Did you write down/draw the pieces etc?