gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Another night, another review.....

4437 Police Pursuit

4437_01.jpg

Set Number - 4437

Release Date - January 2012

Parts Count - 129

Minifigs - 2

Price - 24.95 AU (20.00 AU Kmart normal selling price)

Shall we start with top and back views of the box....well you've already seen the front ! :blush:

4437_02.jpg4437_03.jpg

What do we get in the box....

4437_04.jpg

Okay, I'll open the first bag....funny enough it said Bag 1....

4437_05.jpg

Some say two heads are better than one. :wink:

4437_07.jpg

Next, some back-up....get it....back-up ! :laugh:

4437_08.jpg

Eyes front....

4437_09.jpg

That's enough of that...lets start on another ATV. :wink:

4437_10.jpg4437_11.jpg

4437_12.jpg

4437_13.jpg

Right, he's off on a cruise now...

4437_14.jpg

Shall we move on to bag 2. :classic:

4437_19.jpg

Okay, now dark red only.....

4437_15.jpg

NEW wheel arch/fender part :wub:

4437_16.jpg

NEW 2x2 hinge piece.

4437_17.jpg

NEW 1x2/2x4 bracket.

4437_18.jpg

Now lets build a pick up truck ! :excited:

4437_20.jpg4437_21.jpg4437_22.jpg4437_24.jpg4437_25.jpg

4437_26.jpg

4437_27.jpg4437_28.jpg

4437_29.jpg

4437_30.jpg

4437_31.jpg

4437_32.jpg

Ouch, that's a lot of photography ! :innocent:

What's in the back of his truck eh ?

4437_33.jpg

"Well, what do we have here ?"

4437_34.jpg

Oop's he escaped but not for long though.....

4437_39.jpg

Rating time....

Design - 8/10....ATV nice, pick up...simple :moar:

Parts - 10/10....parts, a lot of them in dark red.... :moar:

Minifig's - 9/10....the crook, better than usual..torn clothes and all....the officer... :thumbup: ...one of the best police torso's ever. :thumbup:

Price - 8/10....(again minus a point for paying full retail) I only paid 20 bucks at Kmart for this set.

Playability - 9/10...what's not to love about a pick-up being chased by cops. :excited:

Grand Total - 44/50....we getting better eh ? :innocent:

Next review will be tomorrow, I'll tipit here on EB eh ? (guess the set I'm review next ?) :wink:

Edited by Rick
Indexed

Nice review LT! :thumbup: I quite like the minifig designs, although this set is not for me... i'll be saving up for the hillbilly hick hideout (don't know if that's what it's called, but it ought to be!). I'm guessing you are onto the tip truck next? :sweet:

Nice Review, Lightningtiger. Thanks for sharing.

I like the Pickup a lot with its really nice color-combo. For me it reminds me of a japanese one. Thes functional trunklid is a neat detail.

The Cop with that 80s-style-sunglasses should be the coolest Cop in town, ehm..., county. :grin:

Hmm, what could be your next review? Maybe #4438 - Robbers' Hideout with the other (Police)Pickup.

Regards,

Maik

Great review! I really like both the ATV and the pickup truck! They feel very unique and cohesive in design.

The figs are also excellent, although it sort of bothers me that they've changed the police badge LEGO City cops have been using so consistently for so many years... :sceptic:

Thank you for the review!

This set was one of the presents i gave to my son on the New Year (yeah, local tradition).

When the set was built, may worst expectations came true - the truck's wheels are way too large. I know that F-150 or Tundra are big, but the one from the set is absolutely out of scale, compared with other City vehicles.

The next thing i was not happy with was the back of the truck - imo its too short.

So i had to rebuilt the truck with the following modifications:

1) I've added 1 1*1 plates under the steering wheel - now one can see the wheel clearly.

2) I've moved both steering wheel and the driver's seat i stud to the left (one stud right - to match the UK/Australia style)

3) I've used "new" part 6014bc04.jpg and wheel holders 4488.gif

4) I've extended the rear of the truck by 1 stud, slightly modified the trunk cover and increased the height of the sides by 1 plate.

I can't say i'm happy with the result, but it looks more "real" now and i do not understand the reason LEGO has not done the same with the model: using 30*14 tires in this case is the juniorization i can't support.

Nice review LT! :thumbup: I quite like the minifig designs, although this set is not for me... i'll be saving up for the hillbilly hick hideout (don't know if that's what it's called, but it ought to be!). I'm guessing you are onto the tip truck next? :sweet:

You guessed it right 'gabe', it will be the tipper truck....another outside review as long as the weather holds. :wink:

The badge thing about being different, these guys (and girl chief) are more like a sheriff and her deputies....so that badge screams USA all over it. :wink:

Thank you for the review!

This set was one of the presents i gave to my son on the New Year (yeah, local tradition).

When the set was built, may worst expectations came true - the truck's wheels are way too large. I know that F-150 or Tundra are big, but the one from the set is absolutely out of scale, compared with other City vehicles.

The next thing i was not happy with was the back of the truck - imo its too short.

So i had to rebuilt the truck with the following modifications:

1) I've added 1 1*1 plates under the steering wheel - now one can see the wheel clearly.

2) I've moved both steering wheel and the driver's seat i stud to the left (one stud right - to match the UK/Australia style)

3) I've used "new" part 6014bc04.jpg and wheel holders 4488.gif

4) I've extended the rear of the truck by 1 stud, slightly modified the trunk cover and increased the height of the sides by 1 plate.

I can't say i'm happy with the result, but it looks more "real" now and i do not understand the reason LEGO has not done the same with the model: using 30*14 tires in this case is the juniorization i can't support.

You seem to neglect the fact that while the "standard" wheels on those vehicles aren't this size, at least in the United States, people (especially those in rural areas) like to modify their vehicles. Jacking a pick-up truck up on ridiculously large wheels is pretty much the "redneck" equivalent of the more urban "low-rider".

4437_01.jpg

It appears the robber has left the boot open again!

Edited by Costy

Nice review Tiger... i really like the truck. I bought it myself, just before christmas, and it is a proper truck! I like the colour as well and also the way how it is built, because it is hard to break it, the way it is constructed...

So the tipper truck will be your next review... i wish it was already available in internetshops here in the Netherlands....

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Thanks for the review, the ATV looks average but the truck looks good

Indeed, Brickmamba... the Truck looks/is good...but the ATV is not an eyecatcher....

Thanks for a nice review. I really like the rugged 4x4, and I like the fact, that the horse-transportation we got a few uears ago wasn't a lone star.

Dark red :wub:

It's also nice that this is a set, at a rather reasonable price. You get a really cool vehicle you can use in a lot of scenaries and 2 cool minifigures, one new-forest-look policeman, and a thief in the new altered style. Really nice set, that probably wil be one of the first to buy from the 2012 line.

You seem to neglect the fact that while the "standard" wheels on those vehicles aren't this size, at least in the United States, people (especially those in rural areas) like to modify their vehicles. Jacking a pick-up truck up on ridiculously large wheels is pretty much the "redneck" equivalent of the more urban "low-rider".
Being the resident of the country where roads are pretty much as they were in XIX century, i'm familiar with off-road tuning in general, as far as so-called "lifting" (installing bigger wheels and tires, modification of the axles and suspension etc.). However i still think that 30*14 tires are much too large even for "lifted" truck. The 24*12 tires i've used is better, imo. However, since "minifig-scale" is very doubtful question, i can agree that it's possible that some people like using moster trucks in their regular (criminal? :)) life.

Nice review 'lightningtiger'! I really wish this set was $13 UDS, but that would of been too out-liner.

Thanks for the reveiw 'lightningtiger'. I just adore that truck's design :wub: I may pick this one up at some point.