TheLegoChronicler

What % of your Lego Collection is Pirate?

What percentage of your LEGO collection is Pirates?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Classic Pirates and Pirates of the Caribbean included

Was curious the other day what percentage of my Lego collection was from the pirate theme. My collection currently has 275 total complete sets in it of which 23 are from the pirate theme (all 12 ships and various islands, rafts and other smaller sets). Comes out to:

8.4%

Made me wonder if that was about average or if I was abnormal, what percentage (approximately) of your collection is made up of pirate sets?

Unfortunately when I "got too old for LEGO" I got rid of my childhood collection. I can recall it quite vividly however, and I can say that somewhere around:

80-85%

of my collection was Pirates. Any time I personally used my allowance or birthday/Christmas money to purchase LEGO, it was always pirates. Gifts I received in the form on LEGO sometimes were from another line. I recollect having received several City sets. But again I was always about Pirates. (I even put Skull's Eye Schooner and Imperial Trading Post on lay-away so I could get them. They costing too much to ever receive them as a gift.)

This is a total Guestimate, 75%. I hope classic pirates return again down the road. In the absence of new classic pirate I have been buying series 4 and 5 minifigs that can fit in the pirate theme (Musketeer and Guard). I have also been buying more Star Wars sets since classic pirates went away again. :pir-classic:

About 20% of my collection is Staw Wars sets that I have put aside for when my son is old enough (God I hope he like Star Wars) :pir-vader:

Edit, I had to increase the font on my % to fit in :pir-blush:

Edited by Dr. Steve

I'm not sure I could put a numerical figure on it, but Pirates certainly count for a significant proportion of my collection. And, what's more, there the sets I am least likely to take apart to dismantle for MOCs (except the spare IFS sets I bought to make more custom ships from!)

10%, if that. The winner is castle, at about 18%, followed by Pirates, at the 10%, followed by Adventurers at about 9%, and yet I've spent hundreds of dollars on my pirates.

Good heavens I've spent waaaayyyyy too much. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Napoleon53

90% of my collection is Pirates as I am trying to collect every set before moving on to others, only got a handful of other theme sets.

Well, if you count loose minifigs and such, I'd say at roughly at least 40% or so, most of the rest is Castle and Adventurer's type stuff (Indiana Jones, Pharaoh's Quest, etc)....

About 20% of my collection is Staw Wars sets that I have put aside for when my son is old enough (God I hope he like Star Wars) :pir-vader:

How could he not like Star Wars?! (episodes IV, V, & VI at least :tongue:)

.24% but, I'm not big into collecting other themes from City or City-like sets. This, though, has always been one of my lesser favorites. I love my IFS and it has me thinking about the QAR and Black Pearl pirate_classic.gif

Though I have no idea of how many sets I own I estimate around 30% of them are pirate themed ones. I guess castle themes take the prize at about 40%. :P

about 8%

I based it on the number of pirate sets compared to all my sets

this is not a perfect estimate as I don't know exactly how many sets I have, also because I have several incomplete sets (obtained second hands)

and ofcourse there are big sets and small sets which is also a factor that is not easy to calculate in a general percentage.

Anyway, I just made an estimate keeping all that in my head :pir_laugh2:

I have lots of different themes in my collection and pirate is only a small part of it, however, if Iook at my own creations I must say that at this point it's pretty much 62%

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

8,8% all acquired after the release of the '09 pirates

The most I have is town 29,1% followed by city and techinic both 12,6%

And those are all from my childhood time.

Bart

I really have no idea. I only have the old pirates sets and then the new IFS, so that really brings my percentage down. And looking through my old instructions pile, I don't have as many of the pirates sets I thought I did. So I am guessing around 11-20%. Castle wins for sure, then old school city probably.

I own at least seven pirates sets, and two PotC sets, and they make up little more than 1% of my collection. :pir_laugh2: I guess I am not much of a pirate.

30-40%.

It used to be in the high 90% range (I had a couple of tiny impulse racing cars) but ever since I came out of my dark ages, I've gone a bit Lego crazy and although I have more Pirates than any other theme, they aren't the be all and end all of Lego like they used to be!

A very small percentage of my collection is pirate(the bigger being 80's castle-knights kingdom2) I think I have pieces remain for about 2 ships from the first pirate series, and parts to the naitive island, and the pirate fort.

30%

Less than I expected, given my forum preferences on EB. It's probably because there were no Pirates when I was growing up, I got the BSB as a legend and then my interest shifted to KK2 (what was I thinking :pir-tongue: ) and then Star Wars. Now it's firmly here though, I got the ITP last year along with a bunch of cannon battles. This is the only theme I collect now, so I'm hoping for some sets in '13.

About 35 percent is Pirate, but that is most of the sets

the rest

50% Castle

15% assorted Western, Ninjago, Ninja, Adventurer, prince of persia, and Pharoh Quest.

I Like my sets to contain a hint of violence :pir_laugh2: