Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

REVIEW - 4427 Fire ATV

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Well, it's 2012 and only today Kmart's around Adelaide start stacking the shelves with new city sets.....so I thought buy some, review some. :wink:

4427 Fire ATV

4427_01.jpg

Set Number - 4427

Release Date - January 2012

Parts Count - 50

Minifigs - 1

Price - 7.99 AU (7.00 AU Kmart)

So now lets check the box top side.....

4427_02.jpg

And what do you get for your money.....

4427_03.jpg4427_04.jpg

Shall we check out the new fire fighter eh ?

4427_05.jpg

By the looks of him, he was ahead in his class ? :laugh:

4427_06.jpg4427_18.jpg4427_07.jpg

Cool new torso with great printing. :thumbup:

4427_08.jpg

Printed legs too ! :thumbup:

4427_09.jpg

Complete with new helmet and waiting to ride his ATV....which is not built yet. :blush:

Let's start then or he might use that axe. :laugh:

4427_10.jpg4427_11.jpg4427_12.jpg

4427_13.jpg

Yeah, better toss in the chain saw....might be part of his circus act ! :laugh:

4427_14.jpg4427_15.jpg

Spares anyone....not many left over here...take a look. :blush:

4427_16.jpg

Finally, he's off the save the day or off to the pub. :laugh:

4427_17.jpg

Okay, now how do I rate it.....

Design - 7/10.....having rode on a ATV myself it's pretty close, chain saw is a good, but I wonder why a shovel wasn't included - they are fighting a forest/bush/wild fire right ? :look:

Parts - 7/10......some very handy parts....nozzles, 2x1 30deg. slope pieces and red 1x1 headlight bricks (the new kind).

Minifig - 10/10...a perfect score, best fire fighter ever....very realistic indeed.(I collected my first fire set in 1979)

Price - 8/10......that's for the Kmart price, minus 1 point for full retail. :blush:

Playability - 9/10...very zoom-able, the chain saw - very handy not only on this ATV. :wink:

Grand Total - 41/50....not bad score for a handy addition to Lego City's Fire Department.

That's it for now, next review is tomorrow (hopefully, at least the photos have been taken :blush: ) which will be 4437 Police Pursuit.

Brick On everyone ! :classic:

Edited by Rick
Indexed

The excellent and detailed review! I have such two sets!!! Took for the sake of minifigures!

Thank you for the review! I like the minifig because the printing looks cool. Will only get this set just for the minifig.

If they're not already, a few of these firefighters would make an excellent CFS crew for your town!

Good review, LightningTiger! That's quite an odd face for a city fig. *huh*

It's originally from Mac McCloud, the mechanic from the Pharaoh's Quest theme.

Great review! The chainsaw is interestingly brick-built. It's not nearly as simple in appearance as many minifigure accessories. The firefighter minifigure looks excellent with that Flame Yellowish Orange uniform and Dark Red hat. The ATV itself is somewhat plain, but still ends up looking pretty nice. However, I can't help but think I would be more likely to buy it if it were a component of a larger set with more built-in play value (I'm not a City buyer for the most part anyway, but I have very fond memories of the various boats, planes, and ATVs in the Agents Mobile Command Center).

Yessss... thanks for the review LT, this one i have to pick up - i love this country firefighters theme so much! :thumbup: The chainsaw looks pretty neato too. I might have to build my own CFA brigade! :sweet:

Edited by gabe

Superb review, LT.

No doubt, the Minifig is the star in that set. I like the new Uniform, the color of the helmet, and of course the resolute facial expression.

Try to get one or two for myself.

Had to search for this review. In itself a little pointless as because of the price I tend to pick up the impulse city sets for my kids as little surprises so why do I need a review?

Nevertheless, great review of a great little set. The minifigure is great and I haven't actually had fire lego since I was a child. Sadly that is all now gone. Seemed a good idea when I was a teenager.

Look forward to picking this up in the supermarket or similar. Thanks for the review.

Thanks everyone for reading my review, I'm actually planning a re-shoot of the photos in the academy taught style so the images will be much clearer again. :classic: