Sign in to follow this  
captainmib

9391 Tracked Crane - C-models

At the last day of 2011 i received 9391 in the mail...

So, after building the A and B models, i gave a go at producing something else.

The set has some nice parts, but having limited options is a nice challenge.

So, let's have some creativity flowing in 2012!

The first, a woodlogger (correct name?)

woodlogger_1.jpg

Functions: Steering, Crane and grabbing a log

woodlogger_2.jpg

woodlogger_3.jpg

woodlogger_5.jpg

When you're done, fold the crane, and of you go!

woodlogger_3.jpg

The second model, an airplane - the F-wing! (which stands, ofcourse, for Folding)

f-wing_7.jpg

Functions: Looking awesome! (see above), folding wings, and a stand

f-wing_8.jpg

f-wing_3.jpg

f-wing_5.jpg

See brickshelf for more picks!

Happy building!

And a third model joins the show...

A tracked dump-truck

tracked_dump_truck_01a.jpg

I finally managed to find a good use for that odd-shaped black piece, see below

tracked_dump_truck_07a.jpg

The back has some nice lights

tracked_dump_truck_08a.jpg

Hope you like it!

First and second model didn't impress me much but third is realy cool. It remembers me b-model of set 8294. I also own this mini set and I plan to build some alternate too.

I built your tracked dump-truck at weekend and I was little bit disappointed by result. It was rather fragile especially dump body. On the other side I understand how difficult is to build something out of this set. Maybe I will try to improve it...

Edited by Tomik

I built your tracked dump-truck at weekend and I was little bit disappointed by result. It was rather fragile especially loading platform. On the other side I understand how difficult is to build something out of this set. Maybe I will try to improve it...

Hey, nice to hear you build my model :thumbup: Go ahead and improve it. I wasn't satisfied with it, but as you already said, it's hard to create something nice when you are really limited...

Good luck! Oh, and post some pics...

I built your tracked dump-truck at weekend and I was little bit disappointed by result. It was rather fragile especially dump body. On the other side I understand how difficult is to build something out of this set. Maybe I will try to improve it...

As I said above I've modified captainmib's tracked dumper and I'm satisfied with result. I've re-built dump body and cab assembly with gear for controlling lifting mechanism. If I get permission from captainmib I'll add instruction for this alternate on buildinst.

9391-2-1-dumper.jpg

9391-2-2-dumper.jpg

As I said above I've modified captainmib's tracked dumper and I'm satisfied with result. I've re-built dump body and cab assembly with gear for controlling lifting mechanism. If I get permission from captainmib I'll add instruction for this alternate on buildinst.

Hey nice!

Ofcourse you have permission. Good luck.

I just finished my 9391-C:

2vabeyg.jpg

293u3ox.jpg

2ujmv47.jpg

(Sorry about the picture quality, I don't have the necessary skills and equipment to do better)

It's supposed to be some sort of anti-aircraft tank. The functions are controlled by turning the two yellow connectors on the side. The upper one rotates the turret, the lower one tilts the (non-functional) cannons.

As I just started building Technic, I'm pretty pleased with it, but I'm sure there's room for improvement − I still had lots of pieces left (not many connectors though), and the chassis could be more rigid. Maybe the winch could somehow be incorporated as well.

Edited by lazylegoist

I just finished my 9391-C:

It's supposed to be some sort of anti-aircraft tank. The functions are controlled by turning the two yellow connectors on the side. The upper one rotates the turret, the lower one tilts the (non-functional) cannons.

As I just started building Technic, I'm pretty pleased with it, but I'm sure there's room for improvement − I still had lots of pieces left (not many connectors though), and the chassis could be more rigid. Maybe the winch could somehow be incorporated as well.

Nice start. Good to see this topic bumped :tongue:

Good luck on making some more C's, there are not enough yet...

Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone!

Captainmib, I really liked your models, especially the plane.

I built something else yesterday. It isn't really a C-Model, but still something nice to be built from the parts of 9391:

2elwiah.jpg

30bmi6b.jpg

The extra parts on the second picture are just quickly cobbled together to have a place to mount the drive shaft, and to hold the assembly in my hand to try it out. It works well, but it's obviously bulkier than the real Lego differential, and probably produces more friction as well. But as I don't yet have the Lego diff, I might actually use this in a vehicle soon.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone!

Captainmib, I really liked your models, especially the plane.

I built something else yesterday. It isn't really a C-Model, but still something nice to be built from the parts of 9391:

The extra parts on the second picture are just quickly cobbled together to have a place to mount the drive shaft, and to hold the assembly in my hand to try it out. It works well, but it's obviously bulkier than the real Lego differential, and probably produces more friction as well. But as I don't yet have the Lego diff, I might actually use this in a vehicle soon.

Thanks mate!

Building a differential with limited parts is hard, so good job on that one.

At least you tried, that's good for the learning proces.

I think one day we should hold a C-model contest, since that makes a model even more valuable. Grohl and Tomik are already really great with building those...