ZCerberus

Great Gatehouse of Albion

This is totally amazing.

The quality of the building and the scale, has just made one of the best constructions related to castles I have seen.

The towers have much detail and height, also the ortogonal shape is very good.

The entrance doors and the bridge are indeed superb, and the Tudor construction is very nice also reminds me of the tower from Derfel.

The trebuchet is a great addition and the upper floor has many brick patterns details that are truly lovely. Even the base is great¡

In few words: I love it. :wub:

Simply stunning, I am not even sure I want to attempt my section of the wall anymore as it would pale in comparison. :)

This is Stunning! Between you and Derfel, my collection looks insignificant :tongue:

Your Gatehouse is such a beautiful finished product, as usual. The outside borders and the river look professionally done, as with all your MOCs. The build is reminiscent of the king's Castle and Black Monarch's castle, but of epic proportions. Everything is done so well - it is all of equally high caliber, whether it be the walls, the windows, the figs involved, everything is just gorgeous. You always manage to pull of such great creations with only a few colors, which I feel is so hard to do.

Amazing!

Now that's one impressive gatehouse! The size is perfect, it really gives off an impression of our Avalonian might! I see that you have added many features and worked in many details from the nicely designed base to the trebuchet mounted at the top. The half timbered sections are spot on and exactly how I imagined. Interesting work with the dark tan tiled floor and I love all those hints of dark green you have woven in around the whole build.

Really excellent work Z, another stunning castle creation.

I hope to start on the Keep soon, but I will need to order some pieces if I am to do what I have in mind, so might be a few weeks yet till I start. However, I have nearly finished my Embassy, so I can get cracking on some more builds this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing your next creation!

One does not simply walk into Albion! :thumbup:

This is a fantastic build, in my opinion one of the best in the time of the Guilds so far!

It's sheer size and the amount of detail if mind blowing! I am very impressed! :sweet:

Oh, and I see the Governor of the A.T.C. walking there too along with some awesome fellows.

An awesome build Zcerberus, you've outdone yourself!

Now I can't wait to see your embassy!

That's one of the best builds i've ever seen as an entrance for a city *oh2* everything is just amazing, i love the trebuchet and all of the wooden outbuilds :wub:

I don´t know how many times I´ve looked at this masterpiece!

How did you do the roof to the tudors? I see that there is flags attached at the top but how are they connected under?

Do you have a pic with the portcullis down?

And you must upload this to Flickr aswell Z!!! :wink:

Thank you everyone. I really enjoyed this build, even if it did take up all my time.

Do you have a pic with the portcullis down?

And you must upload this to Flickr aswell Z!!! :wink:

I do not have a shot with the portcullis down, but I could do so. It moves pretty easily with the controls on top of the middle section of the gatehouse.

I did upload it to Flickr (and MOCpages) yesterday.

Oh, and I see the Governor of the A.T.C. walking there too along with some awesome fellows.

5 avatars made it into this MOC.

DC, BrickDoctor, Matn, MikeyB and Cpt. Blackmoor. I hope to add a few more avatars to additional MOCs in the future as well. I have several other avatars already built that may be making appearances in the future.

Really a tremendous MOC.

The only thing bugging me is the drawbridge part. The ropes attached to the bridge look kind of wimpy. Well, those are probably special elven ropes, made from spider silk and maiden hair :wink:. I guess chains, as shown on the champions banner, are too short for the current design.

Having no doors on the outer side of the gateway is also an unusual design choice.

The only thing bugging me is the drawbridge part. The ropes attached to the bridge look kind of wimpy. Well, those are probably special elven ropes, made from spider silk and maiden hair :wink:. I guess chains, as shown on the champions banner, are too short for the current design.

Yes, I would also prefer chains, but they don't roll up nicely and they are far too short! I could use chains if I didn't want the drawbridge to actually work, but because I did, I went with the rope. It can be elven rope if it makes you feel better about it :tongue:

Having no doors on the outer side of the gateway is also an unusual design choice.

Though you can't see the area between the portcullis and the doors, it has a "grate" in the floor above, so anyone stuck between the two will be boiled in hot oil and pierced with arrows! There was not a great way to put doors behind the portcullis with the way the portcullus is set up anyhow. Something for me to consider if I even make another gatehouse.

I love this build so much that I had to suggest it to brothers brick, I hope you don't mind.

I made it onto BB once before and I was really happy about that, if it happens again, I would be thrilled!

Wow, that's massive. :drool:

The various arches and non-stone structures are integrated perfectly, and I love that this build as a whole feels very solid. My castle MOCs always seem flimsy. :laugh:

Wow, that's massive. :drool:

The various arches and non-stone structures are integrated perfectly, and I love that this build as a whole feels very solid. My castle MOCs always seem flimsy. :laugh:

And if you didn't notice, an eye-patched classic forestman also made it into the MOC... Remind you of someone?

And if you didn't notice, an eye-patched classic forestman also made it into the MOC... Remind you of someone?

:look:

:sweet:

Thanks. :classic:

Amazing!I really like the roofing and the blend of the actual "house" so to speak, and that trebuche is spectacular! :D

to bad I'm a Mitgardian. :P

This is really an inspiring peice of work. Just Awesome. :thumbup:

The Great Keep of Albion has to be built on the same scale as this. If not grander.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: