Since Monster Fighters is about to be gone, I think Lego should release something like Cryptid Hunters. It would be a chance to get new molds.

I would also really like to see a true mecha-based theme. Like, where all the 100 dollar sets were Awesome Giant walking robots and all the cheaper sets were beholden to them - mechanic bays and anti-mech traps and whatnot. Maybe each smaller set came with a "part" they were working on, that you could collect and build to make a larger mech.

like entry level, 10 bucks, got you a hand and a mechanic. 20 bucks a leg and some "tech pirates." 30 bucks for a torso and a wayward pilot tavern. 60 bucks for the hangar and the head. Bonus if those things were usable on their own, Voltron style. or 120 dollars and you get a whole shiny mecha. Diesel punk/steam punk, Crisp Anime - whatever. I'd take this theme any day. (though I realize it may be better to just release lots of cheaper sets - like a variety of 25 dollar sets - Look at the upcoming DnD Kreos...the spring 2014 line looks to be cheap, aiming to make most of their sales on "blind packed" kreon-figs.)

Other than that - Time travel sounds good. But way less cheesy than Time Twisters. Even with a 2015 update, I think Timmy will still be reviled.

A new Adventurers theme would be nice, it would be sweet to see some ancient style structures. Maybe in a Jungle this time, as then we could see Jungle Tribe Minifigs. Essentially Jungle Tribe+ Adventurers versus evil Poachers or Treasure Stealers. :P XD

What they need right now is a underwater theme. Its been 2 years since they have had an underwater theme (Atlantis). I would really like for them to do something like Atlantis, Aqua Raiders II and Alpha Team, and I really want to see one soon. Maybe in summer 2014.

I would like to see an expedition theme with spanish explorers who invade the Inca civilization. With a large castle for the king and queen, a ship and Inca temples.

I am sorry to see the monster fighters theme disappear, but I guess TLC have pretty much covered it now. I still think the whole horror/monster theme is a really good one with lots of possibilities. And kids love monsters.

Personally I think we need an ocean/underwater theme, something that would bring us sets with diving equipment and crafts, submarines, deep see divers, underwater creatures. The flagship set could be something like the legendary sunken city of Atlantis or a deep water research station like in the movie "The Abyss".

I think there are lots of possibilities in a theme like that.

Also I think an arctic (or antarctic) theme would be interesting. Lots of possibilities for vehicles and equipments, polar research stations and outposts, polar bears, whales, snowmobiles, etc. That would make for interesting story lines as well.

After the failure of the Pharaoh Quest, I am hesitant to suggest a theme that would be based on the ancient civilizations of America, like the Aztecs, the Mayans or the Incas. Lots of possibilities there too, big buildings (pyramids), some mystery, superstition and magic surrounding all that, some Spanish conquistadors and their ships to add a little bit of conflict into the mix.

How about a Lovecraftian horror theme? Brick built Cthulu, and each set includes a special collectible artifact or book that will drive a child insane.

(Madness and rampaging elder gods! That'll teach them kids for wanting to play with my Lego! And just think of the action.)

Or maybe a horror theme with different classic monsters, like Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers, the Scream monster, Jaws, Kin Kong, etc.

Or maybe a horror theme with different classic monsters, like Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers, the Scream monster, Jaws, Kin Kong, etc.

That would be a dream come true. Only that some kids don't watch horror movies and Lego doesn't allow violent themes.

That would be a dream come true. Only that some kids don't watch horror movies and Lego doesn't allow violent themes.

You mean TLC prefer to make sets with blood sucking vampires and zombies rather than a psycho with a machete ? :wink:

You mean TLC prefer to make sets with blood sucking vampires and zombies rather than a psycho with a machete ? :wink:

Yeah probably! It doesn't really show any blood in the sets though. :classic:

I'd love to see a Sci-Fi racing theme (not sure if it was mentioned before) but just imagine all the things we like to build in a racing theme! :laugh:

I'd love to see a Sci-Fi racing theme (not sure if it was mentioned before) but just imagine all the things we like to build in a racing theme! :laugh:

Years ago, at the same time Avatar: The Last Airbender was airing, a lesser known anime called IGPX was playing featuring very cool stylized racing mecha. I'd love to see LEGO do something like that. Lots of possibilities, and Octan stickers galore. :)

Aside from racing mecha, I'll chime in with my perennial wish that LEGO finally do a transforming mecha theme.

Sadly we will probably never see this. Two of their worst most disappointing sales themes ever were Speed Racer and World Racers. Which were both basically SciFi / Fantasy racing themes.

Although I can't escape the feeling that a ton of the new Lego Movie sets have kind of a "Whacky Racers" cartoon feel to them.

Something like Marvel's series Exiles or the Avengers , characters from all Lego's Action Themes (Alpha Team, Rock Raiders, Power Miners, Adventurers, Ninjago, Atlantis, Pharaohs Quest, Dino, Atlantis etc) repairing damage to the timeline/multiverse, done by a common foe/group of villains (Ogel, Sam Sinister, Time Twisters, Amset-Ra etc)

Something like Marvel's series Exiles or the Avengers , characters from all Lego's Action Themes (Alpha Team, Rock Raiders, Power Miners, Adventurers, Ninjago, Atlantis, Pharaohs Quest, Dino, Atlantis etc) repairing damage to the timeline/multiverse, done by a common foe/group of villains (Ogel, Sam Sinister, Time Twisters, Amset-Ra etc)

That would be a great idea!

I was thinking maybe "futuristic spin on Lego City. Like City of Tomorrow...maybe not entirely action themed but it would save from repeats of the same city sets every year!

I had a thought. I always loved knight's kingdom when I was younger and came up with an idea. What if there was knight's kingdom set in the far future where vladek takes over the world using technology and the descendants of the original 4 knights are brought together by a wise old man who was king jayko and fought vladek in the past over an unspeakable power in the wintery part of the kingdom jayko gained an extended life through the power but vladek was frozen and suspended in time in the battle that ensued. Vladek reawakens and uses modern tech to build an army and overthrow the futuristic kingdom. The knights have to band together to stop vladek gaining immortality and to liberate the world. The sets could switch between past and futuristic. Just the fusion of the medieval knights with the futuristic technology would appeal to both futuristic and knight fans. Plus it would be interesting to see characters like jayko and vladek in a futuristic setting. Just an idea.

So Action, Arctic and a Steampunk Pirate Ship. Wow! I'm kinda at a loss as to what to suggest for the future. They just about gave me everything I wanted at once. Maybe a modernization of the classic Adventurers line, ala the Uncharted Video Games or National Treasure movies?

I'm not quite sure if anyone else has already made an idea about a theme like this (the answer is probably so), but what if LEGO did a theme based around a noir typed atmosphere. Or at least that of a Dick Tracy comic series.

Obviously the theme could be made into a kid friendly environment with basic, but plausible scenarios/plot points. Maybe LEGO can even release a classic 40's DC comic book line to go along with the story. One of the main reasons

why themes like Bionicle lasted so long was because it set a theme that appealed to a wide audience of both kids & teens alike. It really brought something unique to the table with it being an original theme with colorful/eye

grabbing packaging. The same can be done with an idea like this if done right. One set in particular that I can imagine of would be the protagonist chasing done a mobster suspect, and end up getting into a shootout with his

gang. So enough of me blabbering on, I'd be more than happy to hear your opinions on this concept :)

Edited by Jim
Changed font to regular black

I'm not quite sure if anyone else has already made an idea about a theme like this (the answer is probably so), but what if LEGO did a theme based around a noir typed atmosphere. Or at least that of a Dick Tracy series. Obviously the theme could be made into a kid friendly environment with basic, but plausible scenarios/plot points. Maybe LEGO can release a classic 40's DC comic book to go along with the story. One of the main reasons why themes like Bionicle lasted so long was because it set a theme that appealed to a wide audience of both kids & teens alike. It really brought something unique to the table with it being an original theme with colorful/eye grabbing packaging. The same can be done with an idea with this if done right. One set in particular that I can imagine of would be the protagonist chasing done a mobster suspect, and up getting into a shootout with his gang.

I know we would love it. But I'm not sure how it would go over as a childs toy these days. That noir feel isn't something that kids are overly familiar with. I doubt if most modern kids even know who Dick Tracy is, baring some animated revival. About the only Noir'ish things that even older kids might be familiar with would be Batman:The Animated Series, maybe The Big O, or an obscure video game or two? If anything I think Victorian or late 19th century translates better?

I know we would love it. But I'm not sure how it would go over as a childs toy these days. That noir feel isn't something that kids are overly familiar with. I doubt if most modern kids even know who Dick Tracy is, baring some animated revival. About the only Noir'ish things that even older kids might be familiar with would be Batman:The Animated Series, maybe The Big O, or an obscure video game or two? If anything I think Victorian or late 19th century translates better?

Well, I'm personally implying for it to become an original theme, because LEGO has never done anything like it before. The best way to get this theme to sell is for the sets to ''pop out'' at you. Such as giving the packaging a unique

feel to it with the basic sense of it being an overall well-rounded set. Also really if anything it could be made with vintage looking boxing. Maybe even make special edition sets where all the pieces would be black and white.

Edited by Jim
Font changed

I would like a Sherlock Holmes kind of theme.

That's the first thing I thought of too when I saw this thread. With enough versions of tv, maybe one will get licensed one day.

Hmm, old old style mystery being played out in a modular could be a lot of fun!