A Crimson Sky type theme with fictional combat aircraft would be interesting too.

I second a Crimson Skies inspired theme. I've been building JonHall18's fighters in LDD, and they're pretty amazing.

A Lovecraft theme would be awesome...

A few of the creatures in the Atlantis theme got downright Lovecraftian. Way cooler than I ever imagined LEGO could be back when I was a kid. More fantastically creepy critters is always fine by me.

Maybe a big game hunter line? :sceptic:

ohh that would be nice to get a deer and cougar. :oh:

I have and will always hope for a well-done transforming robot theme in LEGO, although I'd prefer it to be original, but inspired by the likes of Macross, Transformers, Dorvack, etc. As more AFOLs join the LEGO Product Designer ranks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I think steampunk could be done well if the same tone as Adventurers and Pharaoh's Quest is brought to bear. Large clockwork robots, dirigibles, ironclads, etc would be appealing to kids if done well. Who would've thought a Chinese Junk (Destiny's Bounty, of course) would be appealing...but you make it a flying ship, and it becomes so much cooler. It'd be a good reason for LEGO to create an old style diving helmet as well.

My own preference would be more of a dieselpunk theme, or something similar to Sky Captain. Power armor, flying cars, retro-futuristic aircraft, robots, etc ...could be very cool. :thumbup:

As far as appeal goes, I think these themes could be realized in a way that appeals to kids. James Bond is not really something that would appeal to younger kids...but Agents was done in a way to make it appealing. Likewise with Adventurers, Alien Conquest, etc.

I know alot of folks would like to see Wild West make a return. I wonder if today's kids would relate to it...even here in the States. There are few if any western type shows for kids to watch. Although I'm not against it, and I think TLG could make some awesome sets, I've never cared for wild west cowboy and Indian stuff, with the exception of the original Wild, Wild West show, because of the steampunk vibe...sci-fi and adventure all the way. :classic:

Edited by M'Kyuun

Is it too detailed ("un-Legoish") for your taste or is there something else wrong with it? I'm interested as I am myself quite liking the design of the bear, but haven't yet acquired it. I agree with you on the general principle that it would be great to get more Lego animals :)

Yeah, I've only really seen it on the police set boxes and it looks duploey on their but now upon further inspection I reallise it does look pretty awesome.

bb538c01pb01.jpg?1

I think we need someone to compare the two, next time I'm in town I may have to buy the robbers hideout as that's the cheapest one with it in and if you've seen the prices on bl you'll have a heart attack *oh2*

Anyways, I can see a new agents/spy theme coming round, especially with the movies like James Bond, Johnny English, Spy Kids, etc alla audiences could go for that, I can see TLG making some kind of grapple gun that actually fires, would be cool. Also, a real chainlink fence would be nice, the old agents set with the barbed wire pieces didn't do it for me and now those pieces are quite expensive.

Steampunk, yes, if done well, I'd totally go for that however I don't think it's something TLG would do because the audience is quite small and if they did it would probably fail like PQ did :sad:

Wild West, idk, Aliens vs Cowboys maybe but then would that be sci-fi?

I think an action outdoors theme would be good, river rapids raft race, mountain rescue HQ, copter and off-roader, fishing, rock climbing/absailing, microlights, parachutes, mountain biking, camping, etc. Could be more like town but could also be pushed for action maybes. Also I think any kind of hunting would be against TLGs rules, just give one of those hillbillies a gun from ba and make him chase the bear or maybe the other way round :wink:

Transformers could be cool if done right, but I think that might be more like heroes/ bionicle style stuff but still could work, it definately has legs/wheels.

Dieselpunk I think is grating against TLGs rules again and they're more about eco friendly stuff, steampunk should be alright.

TBH the action theme I cared least for were the racers, I thought they were well just a bit boring, same stuff different theme, cars/vehicles racing etc.

Dieselpunk I think is grating against TLGs rules again and they're more about eco friendly stuff, steampunk should be alright.

Solarpunk? :laugh:

i think a "battlebots" type theme would work well. Each robot could come with a base body and interchangable weapons. They could probably include some kind of weird card game into it for fighting also, it has potential.

Or... something like that except there's just different brick-built characters with swappable limbs, heads, bodies, and accessories. It'd be like a lego version of "Xevoz" and it could also incorporate different cards for different parts it has. They could be fun for kids, make good desk toys, and make great parts packs. I bet TLG would ruin it by making them with bionicle parts though so It's actually a pretty bad idea I guess.

Edited by ComputerBug

i think a "battlebots" type theme would work well. Each robot could come with a base body and interchangable weapons. They could probably include some kind of weird card game into it for fighting also, it has potential.

If that happened, it would almost certainly be with Technic parts, a la Bionicle or Hero Factory. I'd prefer a full-blown MechWarrior-esque Sci-Fi fantasy theme. That way it's not limited entirely to Mechs, and it could lend itself to some more kid-friendly aesthetics.

Or... something like that except there's just different brick-built characters with swappable limbs, heads, bodies, and accessories. It'd be like a lego version of "Xevoz" and it could also incorborate different cards for different parts it has. They could be fun for kids, make good desk toys, and make great parts packs. I bet TLG would ruin it by making them with bionicle parts though so It's actually a pretty bad idea I guess.

Sounds similar to the Playstation Armored Core games. If TLG were to make a battlebots theme with bots that are more "fleshed out" than the Exo-Force, and with perhaps a few new ratcheting joints, it'd do well, I think. EF were a bit oversimplified, but I think that was to keep the majority of them around the magical $20 USD price point. I bought quite a few, but I always felt like they could've been better. As a huge mecha and anime fan, they seemed a bit wanting, but I was just happy that they took the gamble.

I still believe that a well-designed transformable theme is possible. When I say well designed, I mean that the vehicle modes are recognizeable and believable, and that the bot modes are still fairly poseable. There are some pretty solid designs on the internet...mostly of the Macross VF-1.

With all the new parts out there, I hope there'll be a Greek mythology theme at some point ...that snake body piece would be great for Medusa, and we just got a Minotaur with the Series 6 minifigs. I think kids would dig it. I would've, but I've always had an interest in ancient history and architecture.

If that happened, it would almost certainly be with Technic parts, a la Bionicle or Hero Factory. I'd prefer a full-blown MechWarrior-esque Sci-Fi fantasy theme. That way it's not limited entirely to Mechs, and it could lend itself to some more kid-friendly aesthetics.

You mean like EXO-FORCE? That sold pretty well; and with all the remakes these days (Alpha Team/Agents, Johnny Thunder/PQ, Dino Island/Dino, etc.) I could see it happening. I would, of course, buy every set in the line, especially if they redid the original figures without the Anime eyes. :grin:

You mean like EXO-FORCE? That sold pretty well; and with all the remakes these days (Alpha Team/Agents, Johnny Thunder/PQ, Dino Island/Dino, etc.) I could see it happening. I would, of course, buy every set in the line, especially if they redid the original figures without the Anime eyes. :grin:

I think he means the various ball jointed parts, which are fine with small models, but become floppy when any substantial weight is put upon them. I wish they'd redesign the ball joints with a pin and dimple system to allow the ball joints to ratchet.

Exo-Force was a cool theme, and I wouldn't mind a return. I liked the anime look to the figs; it was fitting to the theme, and an attempt to do something original, as far as LEGO goes. However, I think any mecha theme, whether the robots are designed for battle, for industrial purposes, exploration, rescue, etc, would do well if the mecha have good designs and some interesting functions/features. Even something like IGPX, an animated show centered around some very sleek looking racing mecha, would be interesting and a departure from what's already been done. It'd be a great challenge for the designers to create a non-combat mecha theme, and produce good mecha models equipped for other purposes. I'm sure folks would mod them with weapons, anyway, but they could start out innocent. :laugh:

Amusement park stuff. Like Roller Coaster Tycoon meets Lego...build your own rides; sets and extra track/pieces for customizing your lay-outs. Fun and good stuff like that. Fun and good.

Amusement park stuff. Like Roller Coaster Tycoon meets Lego...build your own rides; sets and extra track/pieces for customizing your lay-outs. Fun and good stuff like that. Fun and good.

Sounds good for City (or D2C), but not for an Action theme.

Solarpunk reminds me of an episode from The Colony when they build a solar powered buggy from scrap, was pretty cool, they guy crashed it and I loled.

Anyways, with the talk of mechas and stuff like Exo Force and racing I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it (atleast I don't think so, I haven't really checked), what about a whipeout-esque theme, with a modular race track like a raised freeway, you could still have the anime style characters but with some really hot looking futuristic racers, with play features like weapons and stuff, I'm imagining the level of detail equivalent to nnenn's work just from the top of my head, this maybe too scifi though but it could be some kind of merged theme, maybes?

Cheers.

Solarpunk reminds me of an episode from The Colony when they build a solar powered buggy from scrap, was pretty cool, they guy crashed it and I loled.

Anyways, with the talk of mechas and stuff like Exo Force and racing I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it (atleast I don't think so, I haven't really checked), what about a whipeout-esque theme, with a modular race track like a raised freeway, you could still have the anime style characters but with some really hot looking futuristic racers, with play features like weapons and stuff, I'm imagining the level of detail equivalent to nnenn's work just from the top of my head, this maybe too scifi though but it could be some kind of merged theme, maybes?

Cheers.

Like World Racers?

Like World Racers?

Kinda but alot better like a whipeout style, think exo force meets world racers,

wipeout-hd.jpg

Was exo force an action theme? I thought it would have been more scifi, I think this whipeout style theme could be action though.

Anyways, you could probably use a dice for power ups and stuff like that, could be fun.

Edited by CptMugwash

I'm all for anything with racing in it :thumbup:

I would say that Wipeout is a bit more SF than Action though. But a racing theme a little like World Racers but with anime styled characters and tropes would be awesome, I have been building more racers recently... (PS, Watch Redline, it is epic)

I wish they'd redesign the ball joints with a pin and dimple system to allow the ball joints to ratchet.

An alternative to the ball and socket joints already exists, but it is more expensive to produce. It is an assembly made from 3 different parts (48170, 48169, 47455). The most recent example of these parts being used are in 6914 Prehistoric Hunters. Together, the assembly creates very strong joints that you can click into position by bending along the joint or twisting along the axis. It tends to be used only for brick built creatures.

How about a theme inspired by Captain Planet and the Planeteers?

An alternative to the ball and socket joints already exists, but it is more expensive to produce. It is an assembly made from 3 different parts (48170, 48169, 47455). The most recent example of these parts being used are in 6914 Prehistoric Hunters. Together, the assembly creates very strong joints that you can click into position by bending along the joint or twisting along the axis. It tends to be used only for brick built creatures.

How about a theme inspired by Captain Planet and the Planeteers?

There are a ton of those in the PQ sets and they are pretty solid.

Earth!

Fire!

Wind!

Water!

Heart!

GO PLANET!

With your powers combined I am Captain Planet!

lol

I can't imagine it tbh, the nazi episode was pretty funny though.

Know what would be a good way to combine most of the ideas and I'm shocked nobody has mentioned it? TIME TRAVELERS! They could visit time periods with romans (like what everyone keeps begging for), Amazon jungles with ancient tribes in their prime (everyone keeps beging for that too), cavemen with dinosaurs, and a dark dystopian future(With giant robots or crazy futuristic cars to appease the racer fans?) created by evil time travelers that they need to stop. They wouldn't have to be dedicated to a certain area or time period so lego could see which time periods sell the best and make more sets for them. And if lego wanted to they could have the time travel devices for the good guys be crazy clockwork steampunk devices and the badguys would have futuristic cyberpunk devices. EVERYONE WINS! :thumbup:

Edited by ComputerBug

I found out that themes where the main characters are different colors seem to live longer than others.Like Knights KIngdom,Alpha Team or Ninjago.

Know what would be a good way to combine most of the ideas and I'm shocked nobody has mentioned it? TIME TRAVELERS! They could visit time periods with romans (like what everyone keeps begging for), Amazon jungles with ancient tribes in their prime (everyone keeps beging for that too), cavemen with dinosaurs, and a dark dystopian future(With giant robots or crazy futuristic cars to appease the racer fans?) created by evil time travelers that they need to stop. They wouldn't have to be dedicated to a certain area or time period so lego could see which time periods sell the best and make more sets for them. And if lego wanted to they could have the time travel devices for the good guys be crazy clockwork steampunk devices and the badguys would have futuristic cyberpunk devices. EVERYONE WINS! :thumbup:

Sounds good, but too heavy on the special parts - prehistoric, historical and futuristic parts, prints and accossories in one theme? Dunno if it woould be worth the production costs for TLG. Remember how the last time-travel theme worked out? Only vehicles, no locations, just hats to represent time periods, and the vehicles themselves were :wacko:. Even as a kid it didn't appeal to me. Maybe TLG has learned something in the meantime, though.

I'm waiting for sth connected with Agents. I'm sad because of that I have never bought Lego Agents set :< Another theme I would like to see is Lego Arctic, or sth like Rock Raiders but with story.

I'm waiting for sth connected with Agents. I'm sad because of that I have never bought Lego Agents set :< Another theme I would like to see is Lego Arctic, or sth like Rock Raiders but with story.

Lego arctic or polar explorers(if they use that title do I get credit/money :laugh: ). Combine the two and get Lego Ice Agents? Large 4 x 4s, sports cars on spiked tyres(a la Die Another Day). Be a good use for all those Parka hood molds they have been designing lately

So Alpha Team Sub Zero re-hash then? And Power Miners the return...

All these will cycle through in time, I would really like something new new.