As a Final Fantasy fan I would love to see an FF set, but in general I would love to see more mecha from Lego. Exoforce was awesome, more mechs please!

As a proud owner of Fort Legoredo and Rapid River Village, Old West is one of my most favorite themes ever. There might be sparkling vampires and a billion teenage pop stars these days that a kid or teenager would rather pay attention to, but come on.. who does not love a good showdown at high noon? I know I'd be all over a remake of that line.

Edited by Stormtrooperless

I wouldnt mind a new Wild West theme,new Space theme,an aztec/natives v.s. crusaders theme,an Ancient Greece theme,new Castle/Medevil type theme,and an African type theme with Rangers v.s. poachers (who are trapping and selling African Wildlife for money) theme. :classic:

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but what about a theme that features giant monsters (like Godzilla) fighting a modern millitary force with light Sci-fi elements. not like marines with tanks and assault rifles, but some sort of anti-monster force. I'd love to see it feature some sort of giant preying mantis!

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but what about a theme that features giant monsters (like Godzilla) fighting a modern millitary force with light Sci-fi elements. not like marines with tanks and assault rifles, but some sort of anti-monster force. I'd love to see it feature some sort of giant preying mantis!

Interesting idea. Reminds me a little bit of the classic AMT/ERTL "Gigantics" Plastic Model kits from the 70's. (I remember the Mantis, Scorpion and Tarantula ones). They played with this sort of idea a little bit with the PQ sets. The only problem I see is the military part of it. In order to do such a theme right it really needs a sort of B movies 50's sci fi movie feel. But TLG adamantly refuses to make anything with modern military connotations outside of licensed lines. (don't ask me how the CMF sailor got through?) They would kind of need to set the monsters against something like their Alien Conquest ADF team. (And if they are going to do that, they should just go whole hog and make Galaxy Patrol figs vs giant space bugs ala Heinleins Starship Troopers.)

Remember time travel is in the sci-fi zone, I would go for rainforest action theme....good guys vs. evil doctor controlling jungle creatures.....which could be also considered sci-fi......very thin line between sci-fi and action right ? :laugh:

Remember time travel is in the sci-fi zone, I would go for rainforest action theme....good guys vs. evil doctor controlling jungle creatures.....which could be also considered sci-fi......very thin line between sci-fi and action right ? :laugh:

They tried one Time Travel theme quite a few years ago. Sadly Time travel while great in concept, makes for a kind of oddly disjointed theme. It is very hard to balance the products to get the needed unified elements to tell the story and make it a theme, while at the same time having distinct time travel settings and vehicles and period setups. You basically get Sherman and Professor Peabody with Dinosaurs, in Space, and standing with a bunch of PotC leftover minifigs. 3 clear sets. And the core unifying piece, the 'Sherman and Peabody + time machine" piece ends up the same for every set. Otherwise you don't have an actual theme. So you end up with the Harry Potter problem, where a portion of every sets minifig budget is wasted on the same figs. And without those unifying elements, well you have a classic pirates set, a classic space set, a classic castle set and a classic dino set.

As I said, the concept of Time Travel is great. You can really feel that there is something there. But there are a lot more subtle problems in the execution than we immediately realize. It's almost the "anti theme" theme. Because it struggles against the thematic unity.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but a discussion over in the Sci-Fi forum sparked some thoughts about a possible new time travel theme in me.

It's no secret that I was a big fan of Time Cruisers which was a very underrated theme in my opinion. I think the idea of a theme revolving around time machines that allow you to have crossovers between any of the existing Lego themes was great. Even the designs of the time machines, although very bizarre, were very creative in that they were made out of pieces from different Lego themes / time periods and could fly, drive, and/or swim. However, I guess it wasn't executed as well as it could have been since the sets turned out looking very cobbled together and because there wasn't a consistent backstory.

I think if they were to revisit this concept now, it could turn out much better than last time. Not only have there been many more themes since then that would lend themselves as inspiration for crossovers and the design of the time machines, but TLG has also gotten much better at designing sets that appeal to the target audience and know how to market them. If they were to design the time machines to have a more unified color scheme and to look less wacky, but still incorporate elements from different time periods, they could be pretty cool. The story could be similar to the first one - a group of scientists tries to prevent another evil scientist and his minions from messing up the timeline. It could be something like Adventurers where the bad guys are trying to steal all the greatest treasures in history. Or it could be like Monster Fighters where there's only one group of scientists, and instead of having each set based around a different monster, they would be based around different time periods, and the story would be about collecting an item from each time zone to keep the timeline from unraveling or something. This would allow them to reuse the dinosaurs from Dino, the aliens from the recent space themes, and all the historic figs from the CMFs. Maybe they could even have a TV show that promotes the theme like they have done with other recent action themes where the characters travel to a new time zone in each episode.

So in short, if done right, I think a remake of Time Cruisers could work well. What do you think?

I think that actually could work really well. I like the idea of incorporating a tv show to travel to different periods in time. I don't watch the shows, but it seems like it would work well for the kiddies.

I missed out on the time cruisers sets, but I like that idea. If done appropriately, I would definitely want to buy those sets. I like the idea of time travel and steampunk for LEGO for some reason, even though I don't watch those types of shows/movies.

On another note, does anyone remember what happened to that Polar Expedition wave? I thought that was supposed to be a summer wave for the action theme, but the catalog never mentioned anything. I may be missing something here.

Glad to see you agree.

On another note, does anyone remember what happened to that Polar Expedition wave? I thought that was supposed to be a summer wave for the action theme, but the catalog never mentioned anything. I may be missing something here.

I believe that was just a codename for Chima, but I'm not completely sure.

The island of Doctor Moreau.

The insane Doctor is making human/animal hybrids in order to create the perfect man beast.

Our intrepid hero, Edward Prendick washes ashore after his yacht is destroyed in a storm. after initially taking refuge with the doctor he quickly discovers his crazy scheme and must battle man beasts and wild animals as well as the Doctor in order to survive and escape the island.

Sets could include:

The house and lab compound of Dr. Moreau,

The jungle clearing home of the beast folk,

Animal trapping equipment and cages with a truck to transport the cages,

Prendick's yacht.with break apart function.

Beach with dinghy to use in escaping the island,

Leopard man Jungle chase with trees and vines and a waterfall.

Characters:

Edward Pendrick, Hero and scientist

Dr. Moreau, an insane scientist

Montgomery, Moreau's human assistant

M'ling, a bear man servant of Moreau

Leopard-Man

Hyena-Swine, mortal enemy of Prendick

Satyr-Man, a goat man

Fox-Bear Witch, a female antagonist

Sloth Creature, a child beast

Dog-Man, a friend to Prendick

Ape-Man, the keeper of the beast folk law and follower of Dr. Moreau

Sayer of the Law, unspecified large grey beast and devout follower of Ape-Man and Moreau

Now, the actual story and characters of the book are a bit gruesome and the themes are quite adult. It would be possible to water it all down to a theme where a hero washes ashore on an island populated by human/animal hybrids of various types with a mad scientist in their midst. The sets I briefly described could all still work in this idea. Jungle home of the man beasts, scientists lab compound, boats and motor vehicles, maybe an aircraft. The main draw of the theme would be the cool man beasts. Lego have shown they can do fantastic things with animals and monster minifigures in various themes so I'm positive they could create some awesome minifigures for a 'Beast Island'. Yeah, 'Beast Island' is a good name for the theme. This could be just the place to add some new animals to the selection. Like panthers and warthogs and boa constrictors and stuff. Which would please a lot of people. Jungle settings are always cool. Monsters are always cool. Crazy scientists are always cool. Eleven year old me would have killed for a 'Beast Island' Lego theme.

That sounds more like a dream Lego license than an action theme, and it's too similar to Chima for Lego to do anything close anytime soon.

1. I've definitely read all the posts up to now, so I'm absolutely sure this hasn't been mentionedwinkwink.

2. I'd love an apocalyptic theme. Not a zombie apocalypse, but something similar to the show Revolution. The show's not that good, but a great theme could come from the base idea of technology dying and civilized life collapsing could become a spectacular LEGO theme. The protagonists could be a ragtag team of survivors with non-electric weapons such as swords, knifes, guns, saws, or more. The big set could be a team vehicle manned by the brainy character which is able to house all of the other's individual vehicles from other sets.

That sounds more like a dream Lego license than an action theme, and it's too similar to Chima for Lego to do anything close anytime soon.

Not a dream one, no. I was really just thinking aloud. However, Chima is a tale of heroic animals fighting an addiction to tainted waters and each other in some fantasy world. 'Beast Island' would be very human but with bizarre animal mutants. And what's not action about savage beasts and 'hunt or be hunted' adventure? If anything 'Beast Island' bears more resemblance to the Dino and Monster Fighters themes than to Chima. Just sayin'.

Cryptid Hunters with the hunters trying to take pics and videos, or capture them.

With Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, Nessie, Mothman, Chupacabra, Dover Demon, etc.

Edited by Rune Haako

I think Lego could do a Time Travel Theme right these days. The problem with the sets before is , a lot of them looked thrown together and there was no clear story line, but as NinjaGo proved , you can have a theme thats a buch of themes mashed together.

Image this, Some Villianous Doctor/ Aliens/Robots are trying to change the timeline by capturing historical figures (to add to their collection or whatever) and the Hero characters must travel back in time to stop the villians , along the way they get help from Cavemen,artist,knights,Samurai,cowboys,ect.

P.S. I like the SteamPunk style Time Theme Idea.

I'd love to see something from the Greek or Roman Antiquity and mythology. They already have a few sculpts they could use thanks to some of the minifigures series.

I'd love to see something from the Greek or Roman Antiquity and mythology. They already have a few sculpts they could use thanks to some of the minifigures series.

This post should go in the historic suggestions thread (if it exists) not in action suggestions

An Exo-Force reboot, if just for one wave so they can finish up the storyline and get rid of that cliffhanger.

This post should go in the historic suggestions thread (if it exists) not in action suggestions

I was mostly thinking about something along the lines of Pharaoh's Quest or Atlantis...

- Lego Sherlock Holmes

I think it's a good idea but maybe rights to Sherlock Holmes are too expensive