Sign in to follow this  
drakke

MOC: Ridgepass ambush

Hello!

This is my second MOC, it continues with the theme that started in the previous one. Another Wolfpack raid group tries to reach the valley, this time through a mountain pass. Yet again, they find again heavy resistance from the forestmen. Will they be able to secure the pass and open the gates to a bigger invasion?

Ridgepass ambush 013

Hi again, as some of you suggested I tried a smaller MOC this time, so I would have enough pieces for it (the amount that I have is really limited). I tried adding more details to the scene. Again, Im sure that a lot of things can be better than what I did, so criticism and ideas are welcome!

post-23669-132606061116.jpg

Hello!

This is my second MOC, it continues with the theme that started in the previous one. Another Wolfpack raid group tries to reach the valley, this time through a mountain pass. Yet again, they find again heavy resistance from the forestmen. Will they be able to secure the pass and open the gates to a bigger invasion?

Ridgepass ambush 013

Hi again, as some of you suggested I tried a smaller MOC this time, so I would have enough pieces for it (the amount that I have is really limited). I tried adding more details to the scene. Again, Im sure that a lot of things can be better than what I did, so criticism and ideas are welcome!

I think you did very well with this one. Great poses on the minifigs and details throughout the scene. my only recommendation is the photography. Light is your friend: the more, the better. Not sure what type of camera you are using but I can tell you turned the flash off (good choice, direct flash doesn't work for lego IMO)

My lighting set up is four clamp on lights 5546c241-994a-4ccf-90e1-01da512bf9dd_400.jpg I have been using Daylight-balanced, CFL lights (daylight balanced keeps from strange color shifts and the CFLs don't get hot.) I also use a white piece of fabric that I have rolled onto a PVC Pipe for my backdrop. I roll it up for storage and down for shoots. I was looking at using a roll of white craft paper from a teacher supply store (The learning Center is a chain in the US) or even a roll of parchement or wax paper from the grocery store.

I also have some white foam core board that I use to bounce light to bring out some of the details in the shadow areas.

If you shoot it right, you wont need a high end photo editing tool.

Looking forward to your next build!

Edited by MikeyB

Not bad little creation ' drakke ', lots of greenery and attackers eh ? :grin:

Just a little more lighting and your MOC's will show up better....don't why it even happens to me. :blush:

Brick On ' drakke ' ! :classic:

Nice little MOC. It has some nice detailing with the foliage on top. Those pesky Wolfpack members.

Keep up the good work.