Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day One

There are others worth looking at but I'm getting your vote? :hmpf: You have insulted people. The first person to throw some suspicion your way you said "Good detective work :thumbup: " as if someone being suspicious of you would actually be a result of stupidity. You assume I'm too stupid to understand the assumption in your head about the day length rule when I had a legitimate question and you took it personally for some reason, deciding to continuously answer my concerns as if they were some affront to you. Yes, you are smug and you are finding a lot of people to be suspicious of over nothing. Being suspicious of you is totally legitimate at this point. I don't expect you to agree but as long as we are discussing who to vote for I do believe people should consider that you may not totally be on the level... I'm spamming and out front to look town without being useful? Tell us, oh useful one, how should useful people behave? And I'm a spammer too? OK, everyone no more fun in this game. This is serious business. Fun and jokes annoy the high intellect of Fancypatrick FitzWilliampants or whoever.

Just to clear up any misunderstandings you're trying to create:

-When you said that I'm "the guy who keeps insulting other people's intelligence", you were referring to one statement; "Good detective work :thumbup: "

-The comment to him was not based on him being suspicious of me, it was him finding it curious that I hadn't replied to his statement about voting when I'd already said enough of my opinion of it... But, you were free to ignore me explaining that, or him acknowledging his mistake after. You're just muddying things.

Looks like we have a second detective here folks! :laugh:

Reminds me of EVERY book I've read. :hmpf_bad: Dolts. The two smart folk always take each other out instead of working together. There can only be one and all that. Whatever. It's their funeral when they fight over nothing, though they sure ain't doing the rest of us any favors by doing it.

Looks who's cracking out the insults :laugh: What's the fight? I wrote the things he was doing that looked suspicious to me, since they aren't really going to change on day one. I can't possibly fathom how else I should have stated it. It wasn't a fight. Would you like me to sprinkle sugar on it next time? :wink:

Everyone is fair game for votes, other than me, of course (since I am the most transparently town at this point, and am already working double-time for the sake of our beloved town). At the very least, when we do it, we should have some sort of justifiable reason for it, and not just a hunch. I'm sure some of the under-the-radar folks need a light shone on them though. :wink:

Could Mr Patrick Fitzwilliam maybe explain how he got us in this mess and how he will be getting us out of this mess. I'd like to remind you all that he is here for his expertise in organizing expeditions like these. Makes me wonder if all his expeditions ended with human sacrifice...

Sure, no problem, right after you tell me your doctoral thesis on Egyptology, your social insurance number, and a cataloged list of all the sites you've discovered, professor :classic:

since I am the most transparently town at this point, and am already working double-time for the sake of our beloved town

Most transparently town at this point? *huh* I'm sorry but I can't help but raise my oily eyebrow with this statement. It's ok to work doubly-hard, especially in terms of talking/discussing a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean people will believe your claim as "the most transparent innocent at this point". While being active is a great thing for our overall cause, active participation is also the perfect way for the Cultists to make themselves believable as Innocents (like characters in books I've read which unfortunately I'm not allowed to mention for the sake of giving examples :hmpf_bad:, but you guys know what I'm talking about if you're read many books). It's just weird to hear such claim from you Mr. Fitzsomething this early....

How can you tell Mr. Fitzwilliam is being suspicious over nothing? Perhaps he has indeed picked up on certain traits associated with those dasterdly Cultists hiding in our midst. Whatever he may have observed, it seems you are quick to religate them to paranoia. As to this business of the end of the voting period, I find your incessant repition of the matter bordering more upon a facade of concern than true usefulness and thus agree with Mr. Fitzwilliam in his appraisal of your assistance in solving the difficulty at hand.

Point out where I called it paranoia. You think my "concern" is a "facade?" Why is that? If that's what you think, follow Mr. Fitzwilliam's advices and strategies throughout this ordeal. I have no clue why you would want to so blindly follow one person at this point. Is it his persistence that he is innocent? Maybe he'll say it four or five more times before the day is done.

Everyone is fair game for votes, other than me, of course (since I am the most transparently town at this point, and am already working double-time for the sake of our beloved town).

So this repeated proclamation of innocence is amusing? Maybe once, but three times now and it's getting a bit desperate. Perhaps you saw someone else do this somewhere and were so impressed you want to elevate our humor and intellect to their standards. :wink: Or maybe you are guilty and feel the need to keep telling us you're not. Or maybe your sense of humor is lame. :tongue:

Everyone is fair game for votes, other than me, of course (since I am the most transparently town at this point, and am already working double-time for the sake of our beloved town). At the very least, when we do it, we should have some sort of justifiable reason for it, and not just a hunch. I'm sure some of the under-the-radar folks need a light shone on them though. :wink:

Do you mean transparent in the sense that you are easy to see through as not town? :laugh: I'm kidding of course, you dirty cultist. Of course, I do want to wag my little finger at the idea that you are any more or less town town than the rest of us! A list of personal suspects you refuse to share does... well, literally nothing to prove anything! It just makes you seem like you may have answers, but the fact of the matter is that you have a personal opinion that you're too chicken to share anyway! :thumbup: Nice work, detective!

And please don't coat anything in sugar, I'm highly allergic.

Most transparently town at this point? *huh* I'm sorry but I can't help but raise my oily eyebrow with this statement. It's ok to work doubly-hard, especially in terms of talking/discussing a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean people will believe your claim as "the most transparent innocent at this point".

I'm just playing with you guys, geez. No, somebody saying they're innocent 20 times doesn't make them innocent. But, it's just a little thing I like to do when I'm innocent, and have some fun with it. :classic:

Most transparently town at this point? *huh* I'm sorry but I can't help but raise my oily eyebrow with this statement. It's ok to work doubly-hard, especially in terms of talking/discussing a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean people will believe your claim as "the most transparent innocent at this point". While being active is a great thing for our overall cause, active participation is also the perfect way for the Cultists to make themselves believable as Innocents (like characters in books I've read which unfortunately I'm not allowed to mention for the sake of giving examples :hmpf_bad:, but you guys know what I'm talking about if you're read many books). It's just weird to hear such claim from you Mr. Fitzsomething this early....

Good point. Perhaps he'll even make the first accusation as antagonists in such books never make the first accusation... :hmpf:

I'm just playing with you guys, geez. No, somebody saying they're innocent 20 times doesn't make them innocent. But, it's just a little thing I like to do when I'm innocent, and have some fun with it. :classic:

I don't think that's a reason to continually claim innocence when no one's accusing you of anything, even if you are 'playing with us'. Especially after you just accused someone of starting Today with spam statements, which were in all probability stated with similar intentions.

Do you mean transparent in the sense that you are easy to see through as not town? :laugh: I'm kidding of course, you dirty cultist. Of course, I do want to wag my little finger at the idea that you are any more or less town town than the rest of us! A list of personal suspects you refuse to share does... well, literally nothing to prove anything! It just makes you seem like you may have answers, but the fact of the matter is that you have a personal opinion that you're too chicken to share anyway! :thumbup: Nice work, detective!

And please don't coat anything in sugar, I'm highly allergic.

What the heck's up your butt, Mr. Apu? :wacko: You call me a dolt for listing the suspicious stuff I saw about Memhet... So when I explain that to you, you complain I'm not throwing out a list of other suspects... :hmpf: Yeah, it's because I'm chicken. Very plausible :laugh:

Basically, there's no value in throwing out any other names until voting opens... But I already said that, didn't I? I've already contributed by giving the one suspect I think has muddied up the day thread from the get-go, but you seem to feel a need to put me down all the same. If that's what you want to do, that's up to you :def_shrug:

And for the record, I'm not more town than the rest of you, I'm more town than the Cultists. I'm 100% town. That is the towniest a townie can be. Not 98% town, not 99.99% town, but pure, unadulterated town, 100%. If you do not think that is the towniest of town, well, I don't want to live in your town :tongue:

Point out where I called it paranoia. You think my "concern" is a "facade?" Why is that? If that's what you think, follow Mr. Fitzwilliam's advices and strategies throughout this ordeal. I have no clue why you would want to so blindly follow one person at this point. Is it his persistence that he is innocent? Maybe he'll say it four or five more times before the day is done.

So agreeing that someone has raised a logical point is now considered blindly following them?

If it's not paranoia thn why don't you come out and say you think he's doing it as a cover up? As to Mr, Fitzwilliam's constant assurance of his innocense, I will in no way allow that to influence my opinion one way or another.

I don't think that's a reason to continually claim innocence when no one's accusing you of anything, even if you are 'playing with us'. Especially after you just accused someone of starting Today with spam statements, which were in all probability stated with similar intentions.

Well, since there are no movies, or games of life to be spoken of, you'll have to trust me that that is said with a sense of humor, a seasoning of flavor, on the content of the rest of my statements. But, I'm not posting every post in order to state I'm innocent... Except now that a bunch of you are seizing on the logic that I'm not proven innocent by stating as such :hmpf:

Sorry, from now on, I promise to keep it in terms that you guys like and understand: cock, slut, balls. Now we're getting somewhere :sweet:

Maybe I'm being a little brash because that's how I was brought up.... :sceptic: I don't know, I just read somewhere I'm a complainer, and had to agree with it ever sense. I'm easily influenced, I suppose. Did I mention that I hate pink. :wink:

As for your refusal to reveal your list before voting, I'm just saying, my friend, that the reason we can't vote for the first few hours is so that we get to hear other's feedback. You claim we are making spam (which is a delicacy in my town, of course, so I don't know why everyone is all in a huff about it) in this thread, but you refuse to help us begin being productive.

I admit you have good points. I want to vote. I just wish to hear your thoughts now so we may begin to formulate ideas. You have said our cook is one of your suspects, let us hear some more!

While Mr. Fitzwilliam is showing the kind of initiative that we need to sniff out these cultists, I too agree that he's acting rather obnoxious. Insulting everyone's intelligence does not help us in any way, in fact, it makes things worse. Now can we please get back to the task at hand? :hmpf:

On the other hand, even if a Nocturnal Skill is revealed, the Cultist blocker will be focused just on one Townie leaving all other Nocturnal Skillers to do their Action freely.

And quite similarly the innocent protector will be focused on that one person. I suppose it's really a lose-lose situation. :sceptic: Let's just hope we can avoid that by not voting for any Nocturnal Skillers.

Let's all just calm down some and listen to some of my poetry while munching on scorpion balls, yes? :sweet: From what I've seen so far, most of us are edging towards a random lynchifice. Unless something terribly important pops up, I think we should consider those who've said nothing so far. Of course, I DO know some of us have things to do around the camp, so I'm happy to wait a day or so, but being proactive is healthy for all of us.

It isn't random if we're actually choosing someone! :wall: Random is when a name is drawn from a hat, not when we rationally decide on someone to sacrifice. :hmpf:

Lastly, I'd like to point out that while the rules do not state that there is a penalty for not voting, they also do not state that there is no penalty for not voting. In light of this, I am not going to assume either to be the case until Is and Ossie state one way or the other, or someone actually puts the ruling to the test by not voting.

That's true, good point Ophelia. I suppose there could be some sort of hidden penalty for not voting, although I hardly think it would be very fair of our hosts to do that to us. Like I said before, I only plan on voting today if there is someone worth voting for.

And for the record, I'm not more town than the rest of you, I'm more town than the Cultists. I'm 100% town. That is the towniest a townie can be. Not 98% town, not 99.99% town, but pure, unadulterated town, 100%. If you do not think that is the towniest of town, well, I don't want to live in your town :tongue:

Oh good. Now you've cleared it all up. You said you're innocent therefore you are. Glad that's settled. Now how do we clear the rest of us. Fitzpatrick McWilliampants says he's town therefore he's above suspicion and his character is beyond reproach. Being suspicious of him now is just plain stupid. Anyone who thinks he's not Town is just plain dumb.

:hmpf_bad:

If it's not paranoia thn why don't you come out and say you think he's doing it as a cover up?

Have I not done that? All I meant to say was that I'm surprised anyone was ready to defend either one of us. This early in such an ordeal, I would imagine everyone would be suspicious of everybody and have no reason to trust or defend anyone. Let me be clear since you've questioned my last couple of posts. I think you are suspicious because you swooped in and defended McPatrickFitz Williamslutballs (def).

I fully admit that, from my perspective, I may not be able to see that it could be a conclusion you could logically draw at this point in our ordeal. But, if I saw a couple of people arguing, I'm not sure I would trust either one enough at this point to start defending them. A red flag went up over you when that happened, in my mind. Hopefully I've "come out and said" this clearly enough for you to understand. :sweet:

As for your refusal to reveal your list before voting, I'm just saying, my friend, that the reason we can't vote for the first few hours is so that we get to hear other's feedback.

I know Is and Ossie made the rules for this lynch mob, but wouldn't it be great if we could only vote for people who were "nominated" during those first few hours? That would really make that rule function the way it was intended. I'm sure there are many flaws in that idea, but I'm basically agreeing with you. If you have an accusation, make it. If you're accusing an innocent, it gives them more time to plead their case before a bandwagon potentially forms, and may not be undoable... :sceptic:

As for your refusal to reveal your list before voting, I'm just saying, my friend, that the reason we can't vote for the first few hours is so that we get to hear other's feedback. You claim we are making spam (which is a delicacy in my town, of course, so I don't know why everyone is all in a huff about it) in this thread, but you refuse to help us begin being productive.

It's day one. We are going on very little, and it will change as the day goes on. In later days, of course, bringing things to the table earlier is much more important.

As for your fingerpointing ("you refuse to help us begin being productive"), well, :hmpf: I'm the only one who's offered a suspect. Sorry, I guess.

Oh, and I missed your apology for needless insults... Must have missed it... :cry_sad:

While Mr. Fitzwilliam is showing the kind of initiative that we need to sniff out these cultists, I too agree that he's acting rather obnoxious. Insulting everyone's intelligence does not help us in any way, in fact, it makes things worse. Now can we please get back to the task at hand? :hmpf:

What? :wacko: Just not to detract from the topic at hand, but when was I "insulting everyone's intelligence"? If you're going to make claims like that, I suppose I could start insulting your intelligence, to prevent you from being a liar, but I'd rather not have to do that :wink:

I am fully baffled by some of the attitudes about me here today. I'm about as nice as I ever have been, and I'm told I'm insulting, obnoxious, a chicken, a dolt... Seriously, this is pretty uncalled for. The worst thing I've said today was calling someone a detective.

I dunno, while voting will give us a roughly 6/24 chance in getting it right, not voting may give us a (roughly guessing) 18/24 chance of saving a townie from death. I say we don't vote unless we have reason to, for now just sit tight and see how the day pans out.

Where do those rough chances come from? Do you mean you know, or suspect there are 6 cultists? And implicitly also that there are no 'third-party' explorers? Out of the blue, that's quite a bold statement to make.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to catch a cultist today. I'm saying that if we can't find a lynch that we're happy with, then not voting is still an option.

I don't think we'll learn much by not voting. Maybe at the end of the day we should agree to not lunch lynch sacrifice anyone. But voting patterns is what we'll need in the coming days... if we last that long. Maybe some scorpion balls will make me last longer.

Speaking of food... does anyone know what else is this valley in edible? Perhaps we should make better use of the scorpions. Just sucking on their juicy balls seems like such a waste. Oh, and how are the applesauce supplies, Mr. InWilliamsPants?

I believe that we'll be able to figure out what to do later today.

Is this what your God told you? :look:

What? :wacko: Just not to detract from the topic at hand, but when was I "insulting everyone's intelligence"? If you're going to make claims like that, I suppose I could start insulting your intelligence, to prevent you from being a liar, but I'd rather not have to do that :wink:

I am fully baffled by some of the attitudes about me here today. I'm about as nice as I ever have been, and I'm told I'm insulting, obnoxious, a chicken, a dolt... Seriously, this is pretty uncalled for. The worst thing I've said today was calling someone a detective.

Looking back now, you're right, you have not flat out 'insulted' anyone. I'm sorry, it seems I misspoke.

It's day one. We are going on very little, and it will change as the day goes on. In later days, of course, bringing things to the table earlier is much more important.

As for your fingerpointing ("you refuse to help us begin being productive"), well, :hmpf: I'm the only one who's offered a suspect. Sorry, I guess.

Oh, and I missed your apology for needless insults... Must have missed it... :cry_sad:

Of course it will change, which is why it's important to bring things up now!

I'll offer a suspect. Penelope Farago, I don't trust her. You seem to be having fun and trying to cause a ruckus, but for the purpose of stirring up sand to see where the scorpions are, as we say at my village, while she seems to be following you just to get at someone. Is it likely she's a cultist? No. But I'm giving us all more to think about.

And of course your ears would be full of sand for my apology, you dolt.

As to Mr, Fitzwilliam's constant assurance of his innocense, I will in no way allow that to influence my opinion one way or another.

Yeah his repeated proclamation of innocence might just be due to the way he's brought up by his parents instilling him "I'm an innocent for life" principle (read: part of his character), but the second half of his statement is what's keeping me wary of things - proclaiming "working doubly-hard for the best interest of our beloved town". It probably is also part of his "I'm innocent" mantra, but I can't help but think that the Cultists (and "experienced" people at that) will make a conscious effort to be super-active publicly so as to look innocent, but sometimes they don't even notice that their super high activity is already bordering on abnormal innocent behavior. This is not to downplay Mr. Fitzgerald's efforts, who could be very well one of us innocent people here, but let's all keep an eye on those who are very outspoken. Again I'm not allowed to give specific examples but I've seen/read these types of behavior on the past three books that I've read.

I think we can learn much more from all this fingerpointing than we can from another one of these boring "to vote or not to vote" debates. I think it's clear that someone's going to be voted out today, since we don't need a majority in this game.. of life. As long as one person votes, someone's going to get lunched. Therefore we'd all might as well vote and make sure the person we actually want gone is voted out today.

Now if only I had some balls...

Oh great, now what a mess we are in right now! I hate the idea of "sacrificing" to whatsoever greater beings out there. This is total crappiness. Don't know how we should go about sniffing those cultists out. I really hope we can get out of this mess in one piece.

Yeah his repeated proclamation of innocence might just be due to the way he's brought up by his parents instilling him "I'm an innocent for life" principle (read: part of his character), but the second half of his statement is what's keeping me wary of things - proclaiming "working doubly-hard for the best interest of our beloved town". It probably is also part of his "I'm innocent" mantra, but I can't help but think that the Cultists (and "experienced" people at that) will make a conscious effort to be super-active publicly so as to look innocent, but sometimes they don't even notice that their super high activity is already bordering on abnormal innocent behavior. This is not to downplay Mr. Fitzgerald's efforts, who could be very well one of us innocent people here, but let's all keep an eye on those who are very outspoken. Again I'm not allowed to give specific examples but I've seen/read these types of behavior on the past three books that I've read.

Not worth the effort to explain it to you again

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64526&view=findpost&p=1165945

You mean you're not actually innocent? *oh2*

:tongue:

And then you have the people pointing out that others are really active in order to appear town, only to appear town themselves. And them you have people pointing that out again... oh.... wait... :look:

Can't we make a fire tonight for the undoubtedly cold dessert nights out of that stash of books grease-man has carried all the way through the dessert? :grin:

Not worth the effort to explain it to you again

Oh don't bother Mr. Fitztellton, I was not asking for your explanation. I was merely pointing out that super-activity can be the perfect way for the Cultist wolves to hide under the Innocent Sheep's skin, especially their probable 'Supreme Leader (Godfather) which will always turn up innocent in investigations. If you really are innocent and ain't guilty of anything then no need to be too defensive a'ight? :wink:

Can't we make a fire tonight for the undoubtedly cold dessert nights out of that stash of books grease-man has carried all the way through the dessert? :grin:

Oh noes, not my precious books! :cry_sad: Over my greasy muscular hunky body! :devil::tongue:

cold dessert nights

But I'd love to have a cold desert in a cold dessert night. :tongue:

1344153_10a2_625x1000.jpg

Now now, all this bickering... Can't we all be friends? :sweet:

Oh, right, there are evil cultists among us, never mind then. Let's all fight to the death! Uhm, wait, that's actually what's going to happen here...

As for the idea of not lynching anyone today, I doubt that would be possible to achieve with this many people arguing over anything and everything. Besides, it won't help us learn anything, so I say we at least try to lynch someone who's acting annoying if nothing else comes up :tongue:.