Xyver

Fuchal Shop/House

Fuchal's shop in the City of Albion is now open for business.

We supply many goods produced in the shire of Fuchal including fruit and vegetables, wooden products (windows/barrels/wheels/buckets), stone and a few tools produced by the local blacksmith.

The ground floor of the shop is made from a high quality white stone from the quarry in Fuchal for the front, with a dark grey stone for the rear. The first floor and attic are a local timber painted in a nice cool blue.

The ground floor is the shop - though the carpenters are yet to fit it out, Horley is operating the stoor outside. As you can see, he is very excited about running the store - it looks like someone is interested in the tools already.

Front

shop-front.jpg

Left side

Shop-left.jpg

Ride side

Shop-right.jpg

Back

Shop-back.jpg

Inside

Shop-shop.jpg

The first floor is accomodation for Lord Xyver when he is visiting the capital. After a long trip, he is enjoying one of the local brews with his current acquaintance. Entry is via a set of stairs on the right hand side of the shop

Shop-balcony.jpg

There are sliding doors opening onto the balcony

Shop-balcony_doors.jpg

and inward opening doors onto the smaller back balcony

Shop-back_doors.jpg

There is also a trapdoor leading down into the shop

Shop-living.jpg

The roof contains an attic for extra storage, again with a trapdoor for access. this one opening upwards.

shop-attic.jpg

Once again my building is modular, but I'm not real good at the finer details which is why the insides are fairly bare. The bed and table are taken straight from the MMV which I had to pull apart to make this building.

The sliding doors are just 6x4 plates with brown tiles on top, kept in place by no tiles on the ground, but tiles in front, and a plate hanging down from the overhang to stop them from falling forward. This method works quite well and they slide smoothly, the only problem being that they continue to slide to each direction as there is nothing stopping them in the middle. The doorway they cover is 6 wide.

Any critiques or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nice little shop. I like the sliding doors and the overhang at the front of the shop has some nice details. I also like the window surrounds on the ground floor.

You teased me with making it modular and then not really putting anything in it! any plans to but some details on the inside?

Your mocs are really improving xyver!!

I love the whole scene! And I just loove roofs that have no walls under them! Great little details, like the windows on the ground, sliding doors and all the little things they are selling!

One thing I´m not really fond of is the roof with the black plates on the second floor... But that´s just me! :wink: Maybe just have slopses would make it look better?

Great job on this one and it fits perfect in Albion!

Nice MOC ! I think the sliding doors are really original. I also like the colouring and the shop part. I'm a big fan of interiors, so I really hope you might add some more interior to this building someday. (at www.classic-castle.com , choose menu 'How-to' you can find a really nice guide for building medieval furniture that really helped me improve and try out new things. I tried to insert a link , but unfortunately it didn't work, so I hope you can find it)

(at www.classic-castle.com , choose menu 'How-to' you can find a really nice guide for building medieval furniture that really helped me improve and try out new things. I tried to insert a link , but unfortunately it didn't work, so I hope you can find it)

This link? and the general how-to section

I do think this shop is a cool. I like the thought put into it. The doors are well done and it looks like there is plenty to buy here.

Some critiques... The roof needs a little work and the "rocky" walls on the back seem out of place.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you all liked the doors, I am quite pleased with them myself.

I'm not happy with the roof, those plates just don't look right, too flat for a roof. My original roof/attic was bigger, with the plates only showing 2 studs around, but the design didn't look right, it was more like a third level which I didn't want. I also didn't want the roof to be too high.

I'll have another go at it, but I'm not sure I'll have enough slope pieces but I'll see what happens.

And ZCerberus, you're right, those rocky walls don't work, but I didn't pay much attention to the back of the building after I put them in, I'll have to find something else to use there as I'm all out of the 2x2 round pieces that the rest of the ground floor is built from.

I will also have a go at the interior of the shop, I'll use that for display of furniture I think. I'll have to research how best to make some first though.

Xyver

that shop is great.

I am looking forward to the Mk II version as I'm sure it will be great on the BLTG layout at the shows this year. :thumbup:

I really like this Shop Xyver. I had seen it before, but neglected to comment - as I wanted to read through the description first. I think your description adds a lot, and I like the layout of the shop. I like the use of Atlantis bricks, and the walkway on the side, as well as the merchandise displayed out front. I too would like to see more of an interior. I would suggest perhaps using hinges to slope the 2nd story roof, as you've done with the 1st floor. I know those corners are tough, but maybe some wedge plates may work? Nice build!

I like the balcony of this shop and the range of goods for sale is impressive.

Maybe the sign could be made in Avalonia Green?

My shop/house with proper surrounds from the AMRA Brisbane Train Show

Shop-display.jpg

Looks great! Especially next to your town hall, do you have pictures of the whole display?

do you have pictures of the whole display?

This is an overview of the medieval side of the display.

medieval_village.jpg

I like the train track running around it :laugh: Looks like a pretty good sized display, your town hall really stands out :thumbup: