Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

The Last Evacuee

(is this the right forum? I feel a bit out of touch! - I reckon it feels more historical than sci-fi-y!)

The Last Evacuee

There's some sort of vague backstory about a city that broke up into chunks and started floating around, but I couldn't really make anything fit! I was trying to make Steampunk a bit more realistic (as in, a more probable alternate reality), hence the more subtle steampunkishness on the stagecoach and relatively normal house.

6652464889_25b6c2689b_z.jpg

6652465195_f28460016d_z.jpg

The pics are a bit big, so here's the galleries:

Flickr

Brickshelf

Cheers :classic:

You Rock, with that rock! Nice to see you building again mate. The rock itself is very nicely done, you have made a great shape with those techniques. The building and interior have so many great details, too many to mention. Really liking this!

Wow I love the things you have done here, the use of silver throphies is new to me.

The fence, archway and columns look pretty amazing, and I have to admit never seen before such a rock formation as this one, is great overall. :thumbup:

You outdone yourself again! It's absolute amazing with lots of complex building techniques in there especially the rock formation. Pure incredible. :wub:

Wow! That rock is awesome! I love the arch before the bridge and the roof of flippers is great!!

Very interesting creation 'SlyOwl', I will agree with everyone else - that rock formation is just AWESOME....fantastic designing there. :grin:

The ruins are excellent in it's Victorian period styling....Brick On 'SlyOwl' ! :classic:

Having recently done both a floating rock and a lot of SNOT rocking I find this incredibly impressive. Great work!

Out of curiosity, how did you suspend it? I imagine it has some sort of display stand when you're not taking photos of it?

The rock angles and the deteriorating interior on this just blow me away - great work! :thumbup: I can't stop looking at the front right hand section with the leaning wall and grassy section running diagonally to it - just works so well.

Cheers guys, glad you like it :thumbup:

Out of curiosity, how did you suspend it? I imagine it has some sort of display stand when you're not taking photos of it?

There's a great big hole in the bottom of the rock (it would have been too complicated/unnecessary to fill it up with all the different angles), with a technic shaft coming out of it, which is attached to the mainframe. I just clamped this in a vice when I was building it - and also taking photos! I might need to build a stand if I'm going to display it more permanently...

I can't stop looking at the front right hand section with the leaning wall and grassy section running diagonally to it - just works so well.

I wasn't too sure about that section - it seemed to deviate too much from the rectangular streetplan on the rock!

Cheers guys, glad you like it :thumbup:

(snip!)

I wasn't too sure about that section - it seemed to deviate too much from the rectangular streetplan on the rock!

I had a squiz through yr brickshelf folder and i see what you mean, but it doesn't bother me at all - and it really helps give it that wonderful sense of slippage and disintergration that makes it such a powerful piece. Possibly one of those occasions where "playing against the rules" (self or other imposed) really pays off - terrific! :thumbup::classic:

Very clever build! I really like the archway and the bridge. That detailing is superb. The rock is, of course, brilliant, but since everyone else commented on that, I thought I would comment on something else. The house is very period perfect with just the right amount of disruption.

Keep up the great builds!

That is some lovely rock work there. :wub:

The best part about this MOC in my opinion is the edges. Especially the house; it doesn't look like a cutaway but, rather like it actually was broken off.