Thego

VIP Exclusive 850458 LEGO® Minifigures set

What a load of crap! There's no way those are the top voted ones. Okay, yes I voted for Elf and think it deserves to be there but they cant be serious.

I did not see that one coming... lol, this is just lame!

Ok guys, admit it, it's a joke, right?

No Spartan? No Zombie?

"We took the results and wherever possible...."

In other words these are the highest placed minifigs that were voted for that we are willing/able to make available again, not necessarily the top 5 that the customer voted for.

I think this is probably the most reasonable explanation.

Steve

What the hell?! Who voted for these *huh*

I think LEGO better investigates how their systems were infiltrated :laugh:

What he said. :roflmao:

Glad for space villain. The other are meh. I am just glad there is no spartan here, that is such an overrated figure.

They only needed to include 1 Zombie and this would sell really well. :hmpf:

Agreed. I think LEGO looked at the results and weeded out the ones they didn't want to reprint. This is hat's left over. I mean, come on - the fisherman?! So not unique, especially with the fishing pole in almost every series since him.

Glad the elf is there, but then I bought a lot of him so I don't need this set for another elf. And I'm not interested in the rest so I'll pass... :thumbdown:

For me, this is spectacular news. An elf in new colors will make great new regiments in my custom elf army.

I hope it's not more sand green or even regular green. Dark blue or black or gray would be great. Light Blue would make good high elves. Red and yellow, meh, I would have to invent new tribes for that.

I hope they do not just give the elf the werewolf's hair... but that would not fit the ears.

Even if the color does not change, it will hopefully reduce the price for elv parts on bricklink. I bought my 45 elves for 2 Euro each, if I need more one day things get expensive.

It's rather annoying that one has to buy a whole set and not single figs. But this beats buying an even bigger set just for the figs.

As for the rest of the selection, I agree with you others, there are many better figs than the ones chosen.

Really? Is this an astronomically bad joke? *huh* Apart from the Elf all the other chosen minifigs are dull/crap. At least in a sense that they are not sought after much and can be bought cheaply on the secondary market. Where are the Zombie or the Spartan for example which are in high demand and were fan favourites? Or some other figures from Series 1 as quite a lot of people missed out on those.

Also all from Series 3? This can't be serious. Where I live several toy shops and supermarkets still have Series 3. I just bought 6 packs today. (3 of which were elves. :grin: ) Also in hindsight Series 3 was one of the worst if not *THE* worst series. It was very imbalanced with having only one really popular figure, a few okay ones and quite a lot of fillers. That's just my opinion though.

By the way the most insulting of the bunch is probably the mummy. This will be the zillionth mummy in recent Lego history. (Correct me if I'm wrong but Monster Fighters will also feature one.) I can imagine the guys at TLG having some good laughs while deciding on announcing the mummy as a "fan favourite". Yeah, right. Or maybe the poll was conducted in a parallel universe.

The only slightly positive thing about this will be if we get the elf hairpiece in a new colour.

Edited by Nagyzee

I wanted the Zombie, or maybe even the Robot, since I never got the chance to get series 1. What a shame. I already have 3 elves, 2 space villains, and 1 each of the other 3.

Out of the whole group, I found the Fisherman to be the less attractive one. No molds are unique to just him now. The fishing pole has been used in the last few series and the fish is now pearl silver/gray/whatever, instead of that almost and more realistic sand green.

The Mummy holds a special place because of the beautiful printing on his arms and all around his legs (SIDE LEG PRINTING!!!default_blush.gif).

The Elf has always been a great figure overall, so complaints there.

The Gorilla Suit Guy is a fun figure but I never planned on getting more than 1 since I wasn't making an army of them.

The there leaves the Space Villain. Cool figure but the cyborg parts were always too overwhelming on one side. The least Lego could have done was release him with the robot arm on the left side, because its never been done before default_hmpfbad.gif, at least to my knowledge.

Edited by The_Box

It looks like the gorilla has a full head mold (no eye holes). I only be picking this set up since I don't have the gorilla guy, the fisherman, or the evil space dude.

"We took the results and wherever possible...."

In other words these are the highest placed minifigs that were voted for that we are willing/able to make available again, not necessarily the top 5 that the customer voted for.

It does lend credence to the view that some minifigs are deliberately made in fewer quantity and meant to be rare. Lego obviously know they have a highly collectable product. :wink:

Okay, you've offered a believable explanation, but I have to say this along with everyone else.

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND PICKS A FISHERMAN OVER A SPARTAN???

For those who have suggested that they picked the ones that were cheapest to reproduce, I have to disagree. I expect that the elf and the mummy would be on the more expensive end of the spectrum, because of all the accessories that the elf comes with (not to mention the fabulous printing), and because the mummy has rather rare printing on the sides.

:angry::thumbdown::cry_sad:

Agreed. I think LEGO looked at the results and weeded out the ones they didn't want to reprint. This is hat's left over.

Maybe, but don't they want to make money? This doesn't look like a very good-selling product, frankly. It doesn't seem like it would include the most easily produced figs either, except Mummy and maybe Gorilla Suit Guy. Fisherman, Space Villain and Elf all have a lot of different pieces etc. Maybe it really is the result of the vote. The problem with democracy is, after all, that you can't trust people to vote wisely. :tongue:

Fisherman seems to have a different-coloured cap, Mummy a scorpion and Space Villain darker prosthetic arm and peg-leg, but I can't see any change in either Gorilla Suit Guy or Elf? Maybe there might not be a zipper print on the back of Gorilla Suit Guy's torso? That would be a very useful change. How about Elf then? He does seem to have same colours and all. Maybe there will be a change not included in the teaser photo, but why then have the other changes been already applied?

Boo. I guess AFOLs truly do want something worlds different from what the kiddies want. What a load of crap. I shall only buy like 10 of these.

Boo. I guess AFOLs truly do want something worlds different from what the kiddies want. What a load of crap. I shall only buy like 10 of these.

:laugh:

I have to say, quite the disappointment. All of these are Series 3 (not exactly the best series) and for some reason they've got the mummy in there :sick: . They even tout the fact that some of the colours are changed as a positive thing, which for the space villain it is, but for the fisherman this is a change for the worse; they've replaced his exclusive dark blue cap with a common black one (and they did the same thing with his fish). Poor show, Lego Company! :thumbdown:

I was excited for this set... but now that the winners are revealed, I'm thoroughly dissapointed. Only 1 good figure, the Elf, and I already have more elves than any other army builder (plus we've got LotR on the way). Still baffled that the Zombie and Spartan are not in this set. Definitely not wasting my money on this set. And I would have bought 50 of them if they had put the Zombie and Spartan in along with the Elf. At least if they do this poll again for Series 4-6, there's only a couple bad figures in those series and we might get somewhat better results.

And I also agree with the common thought that Series 3 is by far the worst series, with only one truly good figure, the Elf. If they wanted to use five figures from the same series, they should have picked Series 1, which a lot of people missed out on.

Edited by Phyre

That...is rather unfortunate. I am quite disappointed that thosewere the ones that were chosen...So many great options, so many missed steps. :hmpf_bad:

I got no Series 3 at all, so personally, I'm pretty happy.

But if I already had a few, I'd be going what the hell? :hmpf_bad:

If they only considered votes from Series 3 for some reason....yes, I can see how this won. But I was under the impression Series 1 and 2 could be voted for as well, which is highly disappointing.

The funniest part about this is the "VIP" in the set's name. :laugh:

Seriously, I can't believe this. Although I wasn't planning on buying this, I'm kind of disappointed. I always expect Lego to keep a high standard of satisfying consumer needs. I just would have never expected Lego to do something like this, which seems, and please excuse the word, mediocre.

Oh well, I'll go grab my series 6 figs. :sweet:

I must say I am a little confused by the selection of mini-figs to be brought back....and not sure where all the special colours are besides a hat, a fish, a leg and a scorpion?

I find this very strange and am not sure what Lego expects to gain...is this the first of a series of retruns?...and why only series 3?...there were others which would have been more popular surely?

maybe this is all some kind of marketing "brainwave" with myterious benefits that we cannot see.

I thought I remembered the original voting e-mail stating that the highest voted (from series 3) would be brought back in an exclusive set. The "unique colored elements" are probably from the set itself, and not the minifigs.

I agree that the mummy being in the top is a little annoying, but think its a bit too early to get upset when we have very little info about what Lego will be doing with these figs.