Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] CHIBI Cyborg Darth Maul

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Has anyone ever read the Star Wars Visionaries graphic novel? Well, there's this cool story about Darth Maul coming back "from the dead" with a cyborg lower half to seek vengeance on Obi-Wan!

chibimaul1.jpg

I tried for months to build this guy in Moodland scale, but his head just looked weird with all the horns coming out of it. I knew that with a much bigger head (ala Chibi) I'd be able to recreate this character more accurately. Here's an alternate version of Maul's face with his mouth closed. This also shows better detail of the torso/legs.

chibimaul2.jpg

The second one is much better M<0><0<DSWIM, all I could think of when I saw the first pic was ''my Darth Maul's got braces on :laugh:''. Although his big head and smile in the second pic looks so damn cute :grin:.

I love the intricate SNOT patterns for the tattoos and the shaping of the legs, but I think I'm going to have nightmares of the face with the mouth closed. It looks like he's smiling. :laugh:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

The second one is much better M<0><0<DSWIM, all I could think of when I saw the first pic was ''my Darth Maul's got braces on :laugh:''. Although his big head and smile in the second pic looks so damn cute :grin:.

LOL! Thanks! :laugh:

I love the intricate SNOT patterns for the tattoos and the shaping of the legs, but I think I'm going to have nightmares of the face with the mouth closed. It looks like he's smiling. :laugh:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks, Doc! I thought you of all builders would appreciate the SNOT work I did. This is actually my first attempt at trying the technique on a fig, and I'm pretty happy with it. Sorry for the nightmares! :laugh:

Lol that is some scary S%! :tongue:

I like actually like him best with the teeth :wink:

I think I would prefer to have this on the shelf compared the the official bust - although it would probably scare any guests I might have :grin:

Lol that is some scary S%! :tongue:

I like actually like him best with the teeth :wink:

I think I would prefer to have this on the shelf compared the the official bust - although it would probably scare any guests I might have :grin:

I think I like the "teethed" version better, too. LOL! :grin:

Its fantastic!

Both faces are a bit off I think, the first one's teeth makes it a bit awkward, and the second face looks like it's smiling :tongue:

The body looks fantastic!

Everything looks good to me. You did what you could with his head..The only thing that stands out to me is his nose..It just look to big for his head.. IMO :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love it! It's cute and badass at the same time. :laugh: The tattoo detailing on the torso and head is excellent. It reminds me a bit of Larry Lars' cubedudes.

Great work again Mood! His face is pretty cute, although I think the lower half of his body is great too - especially his feet. :thumbup:

Another masterpiece from the MOOD-myster, fantastic designing there though I do say the second photo is too sweet to ever think he is a bad boy.....well in his mum's eye's I guess ! :laugh:

Keep them coming 'MOOD'. :classic:

Everything looks good to me. You did what you could with his head..The only thing that stands out to me is his nose..It just look to big for his head.. IMO :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks! Well, the main thing about the Chibi style is that every feature is super-exaggerated: Big head, big hands, big feet, big nose, etc. :wink:

Love it! It's cute and badass at the same time. :laugh: The tattoo detailing on the torso and head is excellent. It reminds me a bit of Larry Lars' cubedudes.

Thanks! I've been told before that my Chibis kinda resemble Cubedudes. Honestly, when I came up with the basic design for these figs years ago, I didn't even know what a Cubedude WAS! :laugh:

Hello!

That's simply fantastic! The way you used standard elements to create something complex like the sith tatoos is exceptionally well done. My favourite detail are the yellow headlight bricks for the eyes. Simple elegance that is. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello!

That's simply fantastic! The way you used standard elements to create something complex like the sith tatoos is exceptionally well done. My favourite detail are the yellow headlight bricks for the eyes. Simple elegance that is. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks, Christopher! I'm glad you can appreciate this! :sweet:

Another great creation M<0><0<DSWIM, you have a unique building style! I never thought that I would say this about anything Darth Maul-related, but he’s beyond cute!!

I trawled through Episode I today (to get some inspiration for the forthcoming CB), and his character really deserved more screen time than he was given.

Are you going to do an Emperor/Darth Sidious at some point in the same style? I’d love to see them together; after all you always have two...a master and an apprentice! :wink:

Another great creation M<0><0<DSWIM, you have a unique building style! I never thought that I would say this about anything Darth Maul-related, but he’s beyond cute!!

I trawled through Episode I today (to get some inspiration for the forthcoming CB), and his character really deserved more screen time than he was given.

Are you going to do an Emperor/Darth Sidious at some point in the same style? I’d love to see them together; after all you always have two...a master and an apprentice! :wink:

Thanks, man! I do plan on building Sideous at some point, though Maul is already torn apart...