Sign in to follow this  
Ruslik

Helm's Deep

All a happy! A new one to represent my work to JRR Tolkien, "Helm's Deep." A bit of information:

Originally the valley was home to a small Gondorian regiment, but after Calenardhon became Rohan, it became an encampment of the Rohirrim, where the guards of the Fords of Isen lived.

During the war with the Dunlendings under Wulf, the Rohirrim under King Helm Hammerhand and many of his people sought refuge in the keep, where they held out during the winter of TA 2758 – TA 2759. During the War of the Ring, the fortress guarding Helm's Deep again became the refuge of some of the Rohirrim, now under King Théoden, and the Battle of the Hornburg was fought there. It was during this battle that the Deeping Wall was destroyed by Uruk-hai explosives. After the War of the Ring, the demolished Deeping Wall was rebuilt by the people of Rohan, with the aid of the Dwarves

x_0862ae26.jpg

Hole in the wall.

x_6d27b229.jpg

Hornburg

x_946aa8c5.jpg

The gate.

x_ac14e57d.jpg

A secret passage.

x_f0cef89b.jpg

Trumpet, calling men to fight.

x_96e60a0d.jpg

Pass to the gate.

x_c8d6d2d9.jpg

x_f130e097.jpg

Thank you and please comment!

Very, very nicely done. I really like that way that you captured the hornberg and I think that it's overall design is just plain awesome. Great build. :sweet:

Very, very nicely done. I really like that way that you captured the hornberg and I think that it's overall design is just plain awesome. Great build. :sweet:

Not bad, it can do with some elves and orcs to create the atmosphere of the great battle

This is a real masterpiece! :blush:

Beautiful subject very well realized! :wub:

Thanks everybody !