Sign in to follow this  
BeKindRewind

MOC: Gotham City - The Batcave

For the past few years I've been working on a display for all the great Batman characters that emerged during the initial Batman line. As I am a very slow MOCer, I've managed to finish just in time for a brand new wave of Batman sets to come out. My Gotham City is a little too big for just one topic, so I've broken it up into four distinct scenes, taking you from the good all the way to the evil with part one being the BATCAVE!!! Parts of this are more MOD than MOC (particularly this first part), but it gets much more MOCy in the next few parts, I promise. I hope you enjoy my version of Gotham City!

A view of the entire Batcave:

01_side.jpg

You will, no doubt, see the original Batcave in this design. I discarded some useless areas (*cough* Batsignal *cough*) and added some needed areas then tried to make the whole thing seem as if it was in a cave.

This is the entrance to the Batcave:

04_entrance.jpg

I had bat-poles initially, but thought this simple staircase seemed a bit more refined. You will also see the original Batman getting ready for a night on the town.

To Batman's right is the medical area where Alfred mends his many wounds:

05_medical_bay.jpg

Under the medical area is his trophy room. The only thing missing is the giant joker card, which I couldn't get in Lego form convincingly enough to include.

07_trophy_room.jpg

Under the entrance to the Batcave is Batman's vault:

10_vault.jpg

In the original version, this was a prison with what appeared to be a giant hole in the back of it. I always figured it was some kind of sewer entrance, but why he left the back of his prison open is beyond me. That whole area seemed poorly designed.

To Batman's left is the Bat-computer, nearly unchanged from the original version:

11_batcomputer.jpg

I did add the memorial to Jason Todd's Robin:

13_robins_memorial.jpg

And here is Alfred and Ace, the Bathound:

12_alfred_and_ace.jpg

Under the Bat-computer, the spiral staircase leads to the Batmobile. This is the unchanged original version. I love it! I never actually changed it at all. I haven't gotten the new version yet, so maybe in the future I'll switch things up a bit, but for now this is what I've got:

15_batmobile.jpg

Behind the staircase is Batman's exercise area and hidden way in the back is a much more formidable prison than the original had:

17_weight_room_and_prison.jpg

Going outside, what would the point of having a Batcave be if it wasn't hidden? Here is an unassuming little creek with a road leading to a dead end:

18_hidden_entrance.jpg

Or is it?

19_hidden_entrance.jpg

22_into_the_batcave.jpg

And that's my Batcave and part one of my Gotham City. I hope you enjoyed it. Stay tuned next week for part two of my Gotham City: Oracle's Clock Tower!!!! Same bat-time, same bat-website!

This is smegging AWESOME 'BeKindRewind', I :wub: it ! :grin:

The best part is the draw-bridge out of the cave.

Everything else is fantastic, detailing wonderful....play with it do we ? :wink:

I can't wait to see the other three parts to this.....Bat-brick On 'BeKindRewind' ! :grin:

Okay, so I've been lurking on EuroBricks for a couple of months now. And wow. Just wow! I had to make an account so I could tell you how impressive this is. Everything is so detailed, from the penny down to the drawbridge exit over a creek, it's just lovely. And the rocky walls are just fantastic, really. If this is just the BatCave and you made 4 distinct set-pieces I can easily imagine why this has taken you so long to complete.

Thank you for posting this here, and inspiring me to finally sign-up to this great website!

Edited by JaHawk2009

Dude, I don't know what to say other than: Dang this is awesome! I know that I CANNOT wait for the next three MOCs. :thumbup:

This is ridiculously awesome. I would picture the Batcave looking exactly like this. The escape drawbridge is perfection and well hidden. I could see ol' Bats getting some work done here, compared to the newly released version. From what I can tell, the old series was significantly better. And yours is significantly better than that, so there ya go.

Can't wait to see the rest.

Keep up the great builds.

OHHHHH AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! THis is very pretty. Nice work. I have always been a bit disappointed with LEGO's bat cave because they look nothing like a cave. But this is amazing you put a lot of work into it and it shows very nice work

Charlie

Wow, this is incredible. The outside rock wall is awesome in itself. Then the inside is just fantastic. Your MOD, although it looks more MOC to me, you did a really good job of capturing the details. The rotating steps to the entrance is cool. I can't wait to see the rest!

Wow, very very well done, great work on integrating the set into your cave. I especially love the gate for the batmobile, and the dinosaur of course! You must be happy about the Dino theme this year. I'll try to get one of these giant T-Rexes for my Batcave :D

A very strong MOC, indeed. Odd that I never saw it before. :sceptic::thumbup:

Very well done. Lots of attention to details, lots of playable features and your idea of how to make a Robin suit in the glass case is simply wonderful. Good job.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Awesome work.

as a Batman fan, I really like all the little touches you put in.

I've always dreamed of building a 'full sized' Batcave. Now I don't have to I can just look at yours and enjoy :laugh:

Really nicely done, I can't wait for the next few mocs!

I love this. The exit to the road for the Batmobile is ingenious. One of the Best Bat Cave MOC's I have ever seen, and much better than the official sets !

This is quite easily the best Batcave MOC I've ever seen. But it's only part one?!? :wub:

Wow, you truly did an amazing job!

I really like how you managed to put almost all details in there, and the functions are great too :thumbup:

This is a beautiful huge MOC! *oh2*

The gym and its details, the staircase in the rocks and the drawbridge are absolutely cool (and perfect) :wub:

I look forward to seeing all your Gotham masterpieces! :wub_drool:

All of your MOCs are incredible, but this one is amazing. Love the hidden entrance and med bay, as well as the trophies!

Are you going to incorporate any elements from the new Batcave? I like the computer terminal in the new set.

Looks like I'm a year LTTP, but I just wanted to say I love this MOC! I'm going to have a crack at building my own Batcave, and this has given me lots of inspiration.

Unfortunately, I have to settle with the new Batcave (6860) as a starting point. Would love the old one, but they're going for silly money now.

Wow, that is truly amazing :thumbup: the walls and all, If only lego had a UCS Batcave. :wub: I imagine if they did it wouldn't be all that different from yours, great job.

a really great MOC, if I were a kid I would like to have something like that, seems to have a great playabilty connected with a great design wich is really hard to achive, great work

hello my name is liam i have a flickr account i have put ur photos on my flickr if you want me to i will take it off and i have put a link to this page

Edited by legoliam2468