ZoomZoom

Review: 9494 - Anakin's Jedi Interceptor

Is this set some kind of exclusive?my local shop has geonosian cannon but doesnt have this.

I am pretty sure it will be a Target exclusive in the states.

I'm in Europe...

It's a good idea to say what country you are in, if you want helpful answers. :classic:

It's a good idea to say what country you are in, if you want helpful answers. :classic:

I'm from Croatia. I know there is nobody from Croatia here except one person so I didn't write it.

But shouldn't it be the same for all Europe countries?

looks interesting, specially since they got rid of the ridiculous CW faces, if CW sets didin't include those faces, maybe i would have bought something more than a couple of battle packs for the guns

I'm from Croatia. I know there is nobody from Croatia here except one person so I didn't write it.

But shouldn't it be the same for all Europe countries?

Well in the UK some stores seem to have the sets on a exclusive licence for a limited time. Tesco stores quite often have a set that only they sell for the first 6 months of release. Then they stop selling it and the set ends up for sale at quite a few different outlets. Only the TrU exclusives seem to remain exclusive for them here.

[quote name=.

'Nom Carver' date=02 February 2012 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1328196932' post='1191241]

looks interesting, specially since they got rid of the ridiculous CW faces, if CW sets didin't include those faces, maybe i would have bought something more than a couple of battle packs for the guns

They got rid of the CW faces because it's not a CW set.

It's very interesting how everyone claims that they hate CW faces and yet they sell so well.

I can't wait to get more of these. In future sets hopefully. Does anyone know when they will make the transfer from the Delta 7B to the Eta-2 in the CW? Doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

Well in the UK some stores seem to have the sets on a exclusive licence for a limited time. Tesco stores quite often have a set that only they sell for the first 6 months of release. Then they stop selling it and the set ends up for sale at quite a few different outlets. Only the TrU exclusives seem to remain exclusive for them here.

I don't really know about Tesco, but as I said I bought it in London, in official lego store (westfield shopping centre), and since that time, it is still there

I can't wait to get more of these. In future sets hopefully. Does anyone know when they will make the transfer from the Delta 7B to the Eta-2 in the CW? Doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

Hopefully it's soon. The Eta-2 is my favorite ship, and I'm ready to get a whole bunch of them. I really like the design of the wings on this new one.

I hope that this is not to much of a bump. I just purchased and built this set and I am very happy with it. IMO it is a welcome update and a much more accurate representation of one of my favorite ships OT or PT. Yes it is a little larger than it should but I can live with that as it would be hard to build the ship accurately because of the cockpit size. As more of an OT guy I am a little more hesitant when buying other sets but this was well worth it. I might buy another. :classic:

Nice review! I am still debating whether or not to get this set. I most likely will give in and buy it on impulse. :tongue:

Seems like they made some improvements over the last version/s but it still looks clunky and should have been built better. Take the new TIE fighter set for instance, it looks sleek.

I will most likely pillage it for parts. :devil:

Nice review! I am still debating whether or not to get this set. I most likely will give in and buy it on impulse. :tongue:

Seems like they made some improvements over the last version/s but it still looks clunky and should have been built better. Take the new TIE fighter set for instance, it looks sleek.

Thank you! Of corse buy it! It is one of the best 2012 sets!

Ugh, now that I'm ready to pull the trigger on this set I can't find it in any Target. My gf gets a discount so I'm just waiting til it shows up again. Til then will just keep enjoying this review.

Thanks for this review. The updated minifigs look pretty good, but I'm going to pass on this set. It's a great looking set; it just doesn't have much for an OT fan such as myself.

The updated Pilot Battle Droids have tan printing on their torsos.

Great review!

And you might be surprised by this set. I was skeptical before buying it on a lark. after handling it and building it I honestly feel like it is one of the best sets of the year. It just hits that perfect point of a really cool nicely made fighter (in decent colors for once, and one that has been vastly improved over previous versions), mixed with some really neat play set pieces, and some incredibly distinctive and unique mini figure variants that all come together to perfectly portray a moment in the story.

In my office this fighter sits on the little table next to my desk so I can pick it up and swoosh it around while I talk on the phone with clients. The X-Wing, Tie fighter, etc are almost all in the bookshelf on the other side of the room, barely getting any love. (The other Swooshable fighter next to my desk is the new General Grievous one. Just a phenomenal kit.)

Thats exactly what happened to me today, I was looking at some of the sets in my local store and than I spoted it and it was the last box of this set that they had, suddenly it was in my basket and a few hours later, it swooshed through my room;). I am not sorry for buying it but its surprisingly heavy, still a verry good buy, with great minifigs and an even greater fighter.

Edited by Daimar

I am excited to get this set. I mostly want the figures, but the look of the ship itself is becoming more appealing to me.

Thanks for the review. It only furthers my want for this set.

I bought this set last week and just got around to putting it together earlier today. Like others have said, it really is a great set!

I love how LEGO went the extra mile to include the Mustafar elements (platform and mining droid). The set itself feels almost like a playset because of it, which I love (I'm of the opinion that LEGO doesn't make nearly as many location sets for the SW theme as they should).

Managed to pick up this set yesterday for £8.50 in Tesco! Not normally a Star Wars buyer (I've watched the films, played Star Wars Galaxies and LSW games however) but as far as LEGO goes I prefer non-licensed sets - however reduced from £35 to £8.50 it would be rude not to buy it! A really nice change from the norm for me, and an overall enjoyable build (the second wing was obviously repetitive!). great minifigs and for the price I got it, they were worth over £8.50 alone!

Now to watch Episode Three again, to remind myself what actually happened...

Edited by Duck

Nice review.

I still don't like that Lego didn't give ROTS Gunray the correct hat.

nute_gunray_episode_3.jpg

I agree he had three hats!!!! The triple spoke hat from phantom menace, the clubs hat from attack of the clones and the egg hat from revenge of the sith! Couldn't lego at least get that right? I mean they didn't even bother making the separatist base for this set, they just rehashed a Jedi starfighter we've seen millions of times before!