tiberium_blue

Winter Village: The Sleepy Oak

indexed.gif B-OV-17A

I know this isn't quite winter village standard but I started building with this competition in mind so I thought I should at least post my entry. If it's a step too far in terms of size/pieces I completely understand.

The Sleepy Oak Inn - Bed & Breakfast

6634556923_a20b36cfe2.jpg

Front

6634554783_144c38408e.jpg

Rear

6634548063_72cea579a8.jpg

Garden

6634546797_1d7247cb04.jpg

Living area

6634545353_97cd081f82.jpg

Guest bedroom

Full Flickr set

Fantastic B&B 'tiberium_blue'! Very detailed work, I love the wood interior. The exterior is very elegant as well. I think this should do very well in the contest, I love it! Great work and good luck default_classic.gif

That's absolutely fantastic. Love the exterior. Love the detail. Love the overall effect.

Wow, this is amazing, i love the stone works :wub_drool: , the chimney, the wood works and the snowy details

nothing more to say about it :thumbup:

This bad and breakfast looks fantastic! It is not completely in line with other Winter Village sets, but it's definitely the crown of the village. The bottom walls (stone work) looks amazing. Am I correct in believing the walls were made of technic bricks?

And the interior's details are just as great as the front of the building. My favourite details is the desk chair in the child's bedroom and the raised bed.

A work of beauty - very impressive. I like it a lot and might be slightly green now...

oh my goodness this is beautiful!

As an AFOL I say this is pure genius, as a participant in this competition I say I don't stand a chance against this. I guess the mods will decide but I honestly think you pushed this too far. Don't get me wrong, your model is absolutely great and belong in the Lego hall of fame but IMO it's out of the contest scope.

Although this is one of the more beautiful creations I've seen, this would not qualify for the contest. Sorry. It is definitely out of the Winter Village scale. It looks like you anticipated that, which makes me feel a little better. I'm very sorry, anyway, that you can't enter with this entry. Please feel free to build a Winter Village scale version or other entry! You have until the 30th. And thank you for sharing your amazing creation with us. :thumbup:

This is so grand and spectacular that I feel it's almost a bit unfair to the other, 'normal' entries to allow it into the contest. And that is a big compliment! Your signature use of the small Technic liftarms gives the building a unique look, and in combination with the 'woodwork' the result is amazing. The interior details are top notch, too.

Is that a custom torso on the minifig on the slead (nice use of the minifig skates, by the way)?

EDIT: I see the contest admins agreed. A shame, in a way, but your MOC is simply too great :)

Edited by L@go

Although this is one of the more beautiful creations I've seen, this would not qualify for the contest. Sorry. It is definitely out of the Winter Village scale. It looks like you anticipated that, which makes me feel a little better. I'm very sorry, anyway, that you can't enter with this entry. Please feel free to build a Winter Village scale version or other entry! You have until the 30th. And thank you for sharing your amazing creation with us. :thumbup:

No problem, I knew early on it was going to be too big but it was fun to build regardless.

This bad and breakfast looks fantastic! It is not completely in line with other Winter Village sets, but it's definitely the crown of the village. The bottom walls (stone work) looks amazing. Am I correct in believing the walls were made of technic bricks?

And the interior's details are just as great as the front of the building. My favourite details is the desk chair in the child's bedroom and the raised bed.

Yes, the majority are 1x2 liftarms with axle holes for stability.

EDIT

Is that a custom torso on the minifig on the slead (nice use of the minifig skates, by the way)?

It's from the spongebob superheroes set.

Thanks for your comments everyone. :)

Edited by tiberium_blue

This is really quite nice and very unique in terms of what I have seen as typical Town type onstruction. I hope you have time to build another version that is smaller and more in line with the contest rules. I believe if you did that your B&B would be a very strong contender.

I really like the use of Technic elements with studded elements!

Andy D

No problem, I knew early on it was going to be too big but it was fun to build regardless.

Thanks for understanding. I think it would really sweep the voting too. It's beautiful and people tend to vote for the bigger builds, especially one so detailed and unique. That's one of the reasons for the rule in the first place, to keep a level playing field.

Winter indeed, David would probably approve. :grin:

Yeah, I recognise it, you did it that well. :wink:

Winter indeed, David would probably approve. :grin:

Yeah, I recognise it, you did it that well. :wink:

*huh* I feel so betrayed!

:laugh: It's still an incredible build.

Excellent work! What is the room depth may I ask? I really want to make a building thats open at the back but was concerned if it was too deep there would not be enough light coming through from the front and wouldn't look great. I think this is pitched perfectly and thats the effect I want!

Oh my God this is fabulous, the interior and everything *oh2* I love the chimney area and the bathroom! :sing:

This is a beautiful B&B. I love the detail, especially the stone work. I may have to borrow that sometime. It looks very much texturized. The snowy details work well too. And then, the fact you can access everything on the inside helps bunches for playability.

Keep up the great builds.

Great build. Love the stone technique which I have seen from you before. To those who haven't, check out t_b's monestary in his flickr photo stream. I am going to use those lift arms for sure in my next build.

Great build. Love the stone technique which I have seen from you before. To those who haven't, check out t_b's monestary in his flickr photo stream. I am going to use those lift arms for sure in my next build.

*checks tiberium_blue's flickr photostream*

*sees monastery*

*huh* *faints*

:faints and dies from amazingly beautiful transcendent creation: Oops, we need a new emoticon!

Wow, that's an impressive build! :wub: I love that stone wall techique, and everything else about this! The snow on the trees is a nice touch, and you've created some very lovely interior furnishings. :sweet: