Review: 3061 City Park Café  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Nice review. I like the accessories. Maybe next time you could cut away the extra minifigs that do not belong to the set or put it under a separate section.

That was the best review I've read in a long time. Hilarious! It was very informative and you covered the set well in pictures. I definitely hope to see more reviews like this in the future!

You guys are having way too much fun with these reviews :tongue:

I love Andrea's hair, especially how it looks like a sweet Jheri Curl on the male figures :laugh:

I don't know what colors we have cheese wedge in anymore, but pink and orange are at least relatively new.

Isn't the orange cheeseslope the oldest cheeseslope of them all? (from set 10133 from 2004)

Isn't the orange cheeseslope the oldest cheeseslope of them all? (from set 10133 from 2004)

Why did you quote me saying I didn't know to ask me if I knew? :hmpf:

Thank you Hinckley,

That was one of the funniest reviews I read for months.

I also had some critique when I saw the first pics and was not very happy that there were again no minifigs, but complaining to much would also be boring.

The interior of this set is so much better than the pizzeria from the pizzeria+bikeshop+Bus city set.

Thank you Hinckley,

That was one of the funniest reviews I read for months.

I also had some critique when I saw the first pics and was not very happy that there were again no minifigs, but complaining to much would also be boring.

The interior of this set is so much better than the pizzeria from the pizzeria+bikeshop+Bus city set.

Thank you and yes, I thought of that City Corner set a lot while building this one. This one has a lot of character and unique design compared to those boring boxes they make for boys. I'd rather have this in my City.

Excellent review! (And very humorous)

@The Pic of Hinck wearing Andrea's hair: Michael Landon from Little House on the Prairie. :laugh: Look it up.

That is all.

This review was hilarious and very true. I knew this line was coming out months ago, but I ignored its sets until last month. I finally viewed the sets and I was impressed with the colors and parts included. However, I am at that age where manly pride got the better of me and I decided I wouldn't buy any sets.

And then today, while at Target, I saw the house and thought the level of detail in the interior was amazing. However, I still refrained from buying. Moving on to Toys R Us, my mother and sister (sister is 13, I might add) saw the sets and thought they were cool for both the pieces and the ideas represented in the sets. They convinced me to buy the the Workshop and Stage set, and I think they're just great.

So now I want to buy tons of these sets. You review picked out some interesting points, such as how detailed this one set is compared to most City sets. I love it. I wish City sets had the amount of cool details and more "civilian" buildings. LEGO has been getting better, but still... At this point, I'd agree that Friends is better then City at this point.

Excellent review and I will definitely have to pick this up at some point.

This was the most entertaining and informative review I have seen so far. Hope you or someone else keep up with this type of review in the future. I have been positive to the hole Friends series from the start, and now I just must have this set (and probably many other Friends set too).

The review is very detailed and show of every little detail. With a lot of sharp and well lit photos.

The minifig and mini-doll comparison was also very fun, but also informative. The mini-dolls seems to look well in almost all type of minifig head gear or wigs.

I also liked the little comic strip in the end :)

Thank you very much for this superb review, Hinckley!

Hinck,

This review is an absolute hoot! Love the details of the set and of your review. Thanks for taking the time to tell us why it is so great!

This cafe is such an improvement over the Paradisa and Bellville sets I collect, that yup, it will soon find a home in my home, too.

It has been a very long and dry run for girls and women who like to build detailed living spaces.

My Bellville Sunshine Houses are the last set that excited me, and this one is much better designed. I don't have to supply all of the custom furnishings to make it usable.

We can all thank Lego for making this a cafe that does work and invites all of us in.

With your expertise in the hair department, can't wait til you review the beauty shop!!!

Thanks for the great review Hinck! :thumbup: It really helped persuade me to get this set.

100_0776.JPG

I just have to say, I really like cupcakes! :wink:

My only complaint with the cupcake brick is that I'd wish the cake would stay in the cup.

Otherwise, it's a really good set. :sweet:

Ha! This Review is hilarious! Great job Hinckley! I'll be getting this set. Technically, it's for my 9 year old sister's birthday (which unfortunately is before the forth of may, so, I'll be buying it from target and not the Lego store (it costs too much to go the Lego store more than once or twice a month), but it's totally for me. :tongue: I can't resist those sweeet accessories! Finally, Lego forks and butter knives! I love it! I hope we get spoons too! Beautiful! I just wish they were grey or silver or some other realistic color for non-baby utensils. :sceptic: I also love the "glass" pieces! They're sure to be useful. I'm sure my little sis will insist on applying the stickers though. I wish 'boy-targeted' themes had this level of detail.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I want to say that I adore the attention to detail lego has given to this line. I'll never be able to accept mini figures that deviate from the usual designs to this extent, however.

Your review was lovely, and I quite enjoyed the humor.

Being gay as well, I just want to applaud that moment you took to shut-down stereotypes. That is so greatly important. A LEGO® builder is a LEGO® builder, regardless.

Wunderbar,

-Demetreous