Bricksandparts

Flag designer

How do you like the Flag Designer?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the Flag Designer?

Hello! I would like to share a template for making flags! Currently, It's in Power Point, so not everyone can use it, But I plan to make a forum where anyone can. But for now it's in beta. I just made it today. Here are some example shots of flags that anybody can make on the template:

example_flag_1.png

example_flag_2.png

example_flag_3.png

Power Point file: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bricksandparts/MOC/medieval/Historia/Custom/flags.ppt

Nice!!!

Thx to your template (and finished in paint) I made this as banner for Mpya Stedor:

mpyastedor.png

Red & Dark Blue as main colours => The Guild of Kaliphlin

Black & Red as upper colours => The Guild of Ximus where I am born

Weaponshield => Shield of the Guild of Ximus (with the colours Black & Red...)

Tan: Sand - Gold: Trade - Grey: Mountains - Blue - the Sea => to picture Mpya Stedor as it lays next to the mountains, the desert and the sea and it is a trade city

Thx!!!

Nice!!!

Thx to your template (and finished in paint) I made this as banner for Mpya Stedor:

mpyastedor.png

Red & Dark Blue as main colours => The Guild of Kaliphlin

Black & Red as upper colours => The Guild of Ximus where I am born

Weaponshield => Shield of the Guild of Ximus (with the colours Black & Red...)

Tan: Sand - Gold: Trade - Grey: Mountains - Blue - the Sea => to picture Mpya Stedor as it lays next to the mountains, the desert and the sea and it is a trade city

Thx!!!

Cool! That wasn't the kind of flag I was expecting, but I think it's cool. :thumbup:

Cool! That wasn't the kind of flag I was expecting, but I think it's cool. :thumbup:

Well, it will only be seen at some places. Like the palace and the walls. for all other places, the Red & Blue flags will do it :laugh:

I know it's colourfull, but I wanted to put some history as well as some traits of Mpya Stedor in it :classic:

Edited by DaMaximus

hehe, where were you two days ago! Just kidding,

Ok, here is some feedback:

What PP version is this for? The condition templates don't work very well on 2007, so I was wondering if this was made in PP 2010?

With that said, the first two parts work really well. I feel like you could have closer colors to the Lego palette though. Still, really cool.

Once it comes down to symbols, I think you need to get better images. Most of the images are cut with some surrounding white that does not look clean. Also, some of the images, like the current lion knights shield, are not shot straight on. You can tell this if you try to overlay the lion shield on vertical stripes. It is slightly tilted to the left. So, if this is something you will be working on, I think finding new or better images would be a top priority.

I can't comment on the condition thing because I couldn't use all of it for some reason.

With all that said, this is a really cool tool that you are developing.

Now, what to print these on??? I was almost thinking about getting overhead projector sheets (if they even still make those!)to print on. That could produce some interesting plastic flags, that would match the quality of the last Lego orc flag.

Except for the gray around the elf shield...

I'll try to go fix that...

hehe, where were you two days ago! Just kidding,

Ok, here is some feedback:

What PP version is this for? The condition templates don't work very well on 2007, so I was wondering if this was made in PP 2010?

With that said, the first two parts work really well. I feel like you could have closer colors to the Lego palette though. Still, really cool.

Once it comes down to symbols, I think you need to get better images. Most of the images are cut with some surrounding white that does not look clean. Also, some of the images, like the current lion knights shield, are not shot straight on. You can tell this if you try to overlay the lion shield on vertical stripes. It is slightly tilted to the left. So, if this is something you will be working on, I think finding new or better images would be a top priority.

I can't comment on the condition thing because I couldn't use all of it for some reason.

With all that said, this is a really cool tool that you are developing.

Now, what to print these on??? I was almost thinking about getting overhead projector sheets (if they even still make those!)to print on. That could produce some interesting plastic flags, that would match the quality of the last Lego orc flag.

It was actually made on 2002... So I don't know what the problem would be.

Thanks for the suggestions! I actually don't own any Lego. Anything I have that looks like it's real is made on the computer. So I just got the pictures for the shields on the internet. If somebody could post nice/clean shots of shields or symbols, I'd be happy to add them.

Ehh, I see no real need, for me at least, if you're skilled in the least bit at MS paint you can make a fairly decent flag, but for someone who isn't this could be good.

Could I ask that if you voted it was Ok, bad, or very bad that you could explain how I could make it better? Just saying "That's a piece of junk" doesn't help. I'll try to make the shields more professional once I get some good pictures. Until then, there isn't much I can do.

Thankyou for this, I like it and have used it for my Coat of Arms. I have no powerpoint skills, so this is perfect for me.

Some suggestions for improvement from me - it would be great to have the better shield pictures, obviously, and it would be really nice to have the shields scaled to the standard lego unit (ie the stripes should represent a given height of plates).

Thankyou for sharing

:classic:

Thanks so much for making this! Im not very good at designing thinks on computers so this should be very helpfull to me! :thumbup:

Thankyou for this, I like it and have used it for my Coat of Arms. I have no powerpoint skills, so this is perfect for me.

Some suggestions for improvement from me - it would be great to have the better shield pictures, obviously, and it would be really nice to have the shields scaled to the standard lego unit (ie the stripes should represent a given height of plates).

Thankyou for sharing

:classic:

Thanks! Though It's hard for me to do that because it'd be too small to work on. You have to do that part by yourself. Sorry!

Thanks so much for making this! Im not very good at designing thinks on computers so this should be very helpfull to me! :thumbup:

Thanks!