kabel

Seattle 1930s Speakseasy

indexed.gif B-OM-8E & V-LV-42E

Hey there,

with both Castle and Pirates being licensed now, I gues I have to spend more time here ... :wink:

Anyway, here is my first attempt at creating something modular. I modeled the scene after some houses found around Seattle's Pioneer Square area, but I guess this could be anywhere in the US. The scene is set during the early 1930s prohibition time:

Overall view:

sscn0445.jpg

Front view:

sscn0446.jpg

The driver of the truck is smuggeling beer, that's why chooses not to be photographed:

sscn0447.jpg

downstairs, "fruity" bevarages are being sold:

sscn0448.jpg

upstairs, two gentlemen are playing pool with a lady watching them:

sscn0449.jpg

view from behind, showing my new "brick technique" transferred to a larger building:

sscn0450.jpg

Hope you all like it and feel free to tell me what could be improved!!

Edited by Phred

Nice bar 'kabel'! The brick work is excellent and I love the truck. My only concern are the windows being a little exposing for an illegal establishment. Great job anyway default_classic.gif

Great work 'kabel', the only thing missing is Elliot Ness and his Untouchable's raiding it ! :laugh:

Nice interior, typical for the era and that truck is close to period too ! :wink:

Brick On Drink On 'kabel' ! :wink:

thanks a lot for your positive feedback. I really loved doing this and I'm thinking about expanding this moc. I originally just wanted to test my brickwork on a typical brick building but I guess I just caught the modular virus. The other thing is that I totally love everything 1930s outside of Germany, especially if it is American. With which I mean, cars, fashion, architecture, etc.

@LGG: You know, it's officially a juice bar :wink:

@lt: the truck is modeled after an OPEL Blitz, a ture legend on wheels, and I just assumed GM also produced it in the US

yeah, the walls are made of 1x2 and 1x1 red, dark red and orange plates. I've actually played around with only red plates for quite a while. But that never looked good. So I just took a look at some brick walls in town, and found that the bricks never come in the same color. Some are darker, a few appear really orangen, whereas some remain red. Here are some interesting pictures of this phenomenom.