Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Sign Up Thread

6608333043_3ff5771901_b.jpg

The Curse of IMHOTEP – A Mafia Game

The year is 1936. Deep in the Egyptian Desert, an international group of intrepid explorers comprised of learned archaeologists, scholars and local guides embark upon an expedition in search of the lost tomb of the Great God IMHOTEP. After several days’ journey through the hot and arid desert they find the fabled tomb within a rocky valley. As they approach the tomb, a powerful earthquake blocks their exit from the valley and the group are trapped. It soon becomes clear that this may not have been a natural event – that there are sinister forces at work within the group and that almost everyone has a secret to hide...

Are you brave enough to take on this challenge? Will you bring victory, and will that victory be for good or evil?

There are 24 slots available in this game for advanced mafia players. The game will follow the Standardised EB Mafia Game Rules, with a few minor modifications. We intend to involve the “Vanilla Townies” in this game more than in a traditional Mafia, and hope to make the game interesting and fresh without deviating too far from the familiar set-up.

To sign up, please post in this thread indicating:

1) A brief summary of your previous mafia experiences on EB

2) Indicate your availability for frequent posting for the next 6 weeks

3) Please tell us what you consider to be the best or worst EB Mafia moment. This does not necessarily have to be about you – it may be something from a game in which you have not participated but that you still found memorable.

6608369081_1358909aec.jpg

Hello, I would like to join,

1) I played as Sir Carrots in Def's The Witchbreed Mafia School, and passed. (I also played similair games in RL, but the question is about EB)

2) I'm available, I check in multiple times a day on most days.

3) The best Mafia moment here on EB for myself was when I had figured out who the last two scum were in the Witchbreed Mafia School, and I had protected the right person as a doctor to kill one of them off. It also was good when the town won, in the same game :classic:.

I would like to sign up

1. Jimbob the clown in cirque de freak and the mad Hatter in Gotham mafia

2. Free for the whole time

3.surrving Gotham mafia, first and only game to survive

I would like to sign up

1.Zam Kuric in Def's The Witchbreed Mafia School, and got a big pass

2. Free for the whole time

3.getting killed by both the serial killer and the mafia on night 4

I'd love to get a chance to play with the more experienced players :sweet:.

1) Killed first night in Cirque du Freak, passed Mafia School in the Withbreed.

2) I'm never far away from a computer, and I'm not going anywhere for the next 6 weeks.

3) I've been following a few Mafia games before I joined a Mafia School, and it's hard to pick just one moment, so I'll go with one bad and one good:

- Captain Tamamono's Gut Feeling leading him in the completely wrong direction on the last day of the Belville Mafia for a gigantic facepalm moment.

- How Rick outsmarted everyone as the serial killer in the Baritones 3, and won it with the scum.

:wub:

I'd love to join in for fun in the sun!

1) I have played in the following Mafia games: Eurodina, Werewolf, The Forest, Belville, Baritones 3 and Prison Riot.

2) I expect to be fully available during the next 6 weeks.

3) Worst (and most challenging) Mafia moment: near the end of the very long Eurodina Mafia, we as scum were about to win when God served us a nasty surprise: my alignment was secretly switched to Insane with the winning condition that I should kill all, town and scum. Turning on my fellow scum with whom I had worked for so many days was the hardest thing, and scheming all alone behind the scenes to get the scum killed in the most expeditive fashion without giving town a victory was terribly stressful and exhausting for a first Mafia game. And the worst part was getting killed by a paranoid gun owner when I expected to have succeeded at last. :sceptic: Ah well, it was a great gaming lesson.

Aaaahh, very tempting to sign up. But past experiances in Gotham City Mafia taught me that playing mafia while in upsetting life sequences is a bad thing to do. So I'll give this a miss, as I'd probably end up getting angry at people's behavior again. As good as this looks I'll have to decline, sorry. :sad:

I'll be watching this intently from the sidelines, this looks to be very entertaining Pandorufus! :sweet:

Good luck to the scum as always! :grin:

1) I have played more than 10 mafia games in Eurobricks and everyone of it is a brand new experience for me. Full experience can be found here.

2) I should be around except for some odd-ball weekends and the upcoming Chinese New Year (in 3rd week of Jan for a few days). Other than that, I am definitely ready.

3) Like the Mystery Castle, where the word "grim" night is defined for being too trusty to Shadows by protecting him outside before I was killed and of course, I was busy watching him and Zepher having an affair in the room! One of the best defining classic moments for me! Many other games are equally memorable too.

1) Let's see....I've played in four mafia games total, full list here, most recently though, I was Bane in Gotham City Mafia.

2) I'll be here 24/7. (Okay not 24/7 but I'll have full computer access.)

3) Oh this one is hard, hm.....Probably Bloodbrick II when the town was working together somewhat well, but I saw the scum coming to kill us the next day but didn't do anything about it. :facepalm:

1. I played as The Amazing Barnabo in Mafia School: Cirque Du Freak In which I survived, and Two-Face in Gotham City Mafia, in which I died in the Conclusion.

2. I may be gone for a brief time in February, but I should be available besides that.

3. Definitely when I was contacted by the Cop and Doctor in Cirque Du Freak, eventually taking down two or three scum.

I definitely want to play this.

1. I've played once or twice.

2. I will be in town, but running a mystery game concurrently... :look: But I tend to be a frequent poster here no matter what is happening in my real life. :blush:

3. My favorite EB Mafia moment...of mine!...was talking my way out of being killed in Roman Mafia then oinking a trail (and stabbing Draggy along the way) to my demise when my lies were revealed. Oh, the early days of Mafia! :cry_happy:

I'd love to play! :sweet:

1. I have played in five EB mafia games to date. I was Claudia Toscana in Sandy's Escape from Isla Paradisa Mafia School (killed night 2), I was Tammo de Belle-ville in Quarryman's Belville Mafia (killed in conclusion), I was Timur in Hinckley's Baritones 3 (killed in conclusion), I was "Tammo" in def's Fraulein Bloodbrick (killed night 2), and I was Egghead in ADHO and Pengy's Gotham City Mafia (killed in conclusion after being converted).

2. I am completely free to post frequently for the next six weeks.

3. Boy, that's a tough one. There have been quite a few 'best' and 'worst' moments in the mafia games I've followed or played in. I'd say the worst moment would probably have to be my Gut Feeling™ about Foog in Belville Mafia that lost the game for the town. Although my letting Draggy off the hook for about three game days in a row in Baritones 3 comes in a close second. :laugh:

- Captain Tamamono's Gut Feeling leading him in the completely wrong direction on the last day of the Belville Mafia for a gigantic facepalm moment.

I had a gut feeling someone else would mention that! :grin:

I'll give it a shot.

1) I've played in a few games.

2)I should be available for the next 6 weeks.

3)

3) Oh this one is hard, hm.....Probably Bloodbrick II when the town was working together somewhat well, but I saw the scum coming to kill us the next day but didn't do anything about it. :facepalm:

Both great moments :wub:

3. My favorite EB Mafia moment...of mine!...was talking my way out of being killed in Roman Mafia then oinking a trail (and stabbing Draggy along the way) to my demise when my lies were revealed. Oh, the early days of Mafia! :cry_happy:

That was going to be mine! It's probably a good thing we didn't finish it; I think we might have been in a little trouble the next day... :look:

All three are some of the finest EB mafia moments.

I'd definitely be interested in taking part in this game! The teaser image looks really good so I am excited to see the "look" of the sets. I'm also glad that you've taken what I can only assume is a more basic mafia game mentality for this game, great to get back to the roots of mafia.

Lets see here.

1) I've played in Dystopia, Eurdonia, Hogwarts, Bloodbrick's I and II, Gotham City, and werewolf mafias

2) I'm definitely free for the next six months give or take a weekend depending on how my schedule changes.

3) My favourie mafia moment, even though I dug my own grave, was when we managed to nail the only werewolf on day one in werewolf mafia or "rouge mafia" thereafter.

Can't wait to see this game start rolling!

It's been a while since I've played in a mafia game but I think that I will give this a shot!

1) I've been in 2 mafia games and 1 mystery game before this with good remarks from the hosts.

2) Completely available

3) My favorite mafia moment would have to be the ending to Eurodina mafia where the scum sacrificed some of their own in order to win the game. Not much but it's the best I could come up with right now.

3) Worst (and most challenging) Mafia moment: near the end of the very long Eurodina Mafia, we as scum were about to win when God served us a nasty surprise: my alignment was secretly switched to Insane with the winning condition that I should kill all, town and scum. Turning on my fellow scum with which I had worked for so many days was the hardest thing, and scheming all alone behind the scenes to get the scum killed in the most expeditive fashion without giving town a victory was terribly stressful and exhausting for a first Mafia game. And the worst part was getting killed by a paranoid gun owner when I expected to have succeeded at last. :sceptic: Ah well, it was a great gaming lesson.

*huh* What the hell? I'm so glad I avoided that one. No offense, Zepher, that just sounds stressful...

Yay! Pandy and Ru mafia! :wub_drool:

1. ISM, Dystopia, Eurodina, Bloodbrick I, Werewolf, The Forest, The Baritones 3, Bloodbrick II, and Prison Riot (see here)

2. All yours. :wink:

- How Rick outsmarted everyone as the serial killer in the Baritones 3, and won it with the scum.

I have to agree with that one. :grin: I did manage to kill 3 out of the 4 scum that died in that game. :smug::tongue: The Baritones 3 was good, but I also really enjoyed trying to 'figure out' The Forest, as stressful as it was at times. And then there's being duped together with Hinck in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum. Certainly memorable... :look:

1. Bloodbrick 1, The Forest, Belville, Baritones 3, Bloodbrick 2, and Prison Riot.

2. Finally, no more travelling out of town for the foreseeable future. It's been a long couple of months. :classic:

3. Wow, so many bad moments. Almost getting lynched after becoming a monk in The Forest. The entire game of Belville, not doing well at all. Blowing myself up with a grenade in Baritones 3. Trusting Hinck for far too long and then trusting Shadows :facepalm: in Bloodbrick 2. Overall, though, a lot of fun and lots of laughs afterwards in all of these games.

Vanilla townies, huh? That's pretty much me in every game where vanilla's have been included.

:excited:

1. Won as Town Cop in Isla Paradisa Mafia, played like a total n00b as the Town PGO in Baritones 3, had a lackluster performance as Town in Bloodbrick II, and was lynched as the last surviving Scum in Gotham Mafia.
  2. I'm available.
  3. Let's see... Best moment: Being trusted enough by KDM to solve his task in Gotham Mafia, earning myself one Night of un-killability. Worst moment: Realizing that I was going to be lynched for playing like a sheep in Bloodbrick II.

1) A brief summary of your previous mafia experiences on EB

Please go here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showuser=1561

2) Indicate your availability for frequent posting for the next 6 weeks

I'm able to visit and comment on a daily base, once in the morning, once in the evening.

3) Please tell us what you consider to be the best or worst EB Mafia moment. This does not necessarily have to be about you – it may be something from a game in which you have not participated but that you still found memorable.

Best:

Koilette!

Hosting a game of my own.

Worst:

Trusting Hinck too much :tongue:

Telling everyone I was a vampire in Werewolf Mafia.

I'd really love to join this game!

Edited by badboytje88

Ooh, I've been waiting for another one of these.

1) Passed Mafia School in Def's Witchbreed.

2) I'm available daily

3) As I'm relatively new to EB mafia, I'm going to go with the way the scum was meticulously outed in the recent Gotham mafia. There are aspects of that interaction that could fall on both best and worst lists, but in all, it was a great lesson for everyone.

1) My previous experience is not extensive, but I participated in Isla Paradisa and Gotham City, and I've watched every other game from the sidelines.

2) Aside from the normal work and school stuff, I am available.

3) One of the best (and worst) moments in Mafia history has to be the lynching of our dear friend Zepher on Day One of Werewolf Mafia. It was the worst in the level of incompetence it highlighted, and the best in its hilarity. :laugh:

Sure, I'll play.

1. I've played in... 12 mafia games so far, starting from Noir back in 2009 going to the most recent Gotham City Mafia. Details are on my profile.

2. It's the dead (of) winter now, so I should be completely bored out of my mind--perfect for Mafia. :sweet:

3. My favorite moment in EB mafia by far would have to be in Mystical Castle (MCII) when Zepher was scum and played both Hinck (neutral) and Shadows (town) off of each other. Hinck and Shadows were the two non-mafia killers in the game, both being problematic to the scum team. Zepher tricked them both and gave his team a huge advantage before the rest of the town found out. The end result was pretty epic.

(Also, why is it that these "best/worst moments" are mostly centered on Zepher? :tongue: )

(Also, why is it that these "best/worst moments" are mostly centered on Zepher? :tongue: )

Because he had the longest running mafia game I believe, and over forty people were in that game. :laugh: There's gonna' be a lot of comments on that game :tongue:

Because he had the longest running mafia game I believe, and over forty people were in that game. :laugh: There's gonna' be a lot of comments on that game :tongue:

Most of the comments involving him revolve around games he played, though.

And being duped by him in MCII did make my jaw hit the floor. "I got played by that cross-dressing kid?" :facepalm: