Sign in to follow this  
Dapper-D2

MOC 2012 Edition Landspeeder

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This build is dedicated to my 3 year-old son Joey. Keep building those Duplo towers little buddy!

My first goal with this build was to slim it down.

Picture029.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

I gave it some bling by adding silver pieces to the grill and damaged engine.

I inverted these three droid arms to give the appearance of a dent.

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

I tried to duplicate the paint job as best I could using bricks alone and changed up the interior a bit.

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

The speeder is balanced perfectly on its stand and spins freely.

Picture020.jpg

The build.

Picture007.jpg

LUKE: Uncle Owen...

OWEN: Yeah?

LUKE: This R2 unit has a bad motivator. Look!

Picture035.jpg

We all have a bad motivator sometimes! Happy New Year everyone!

Edited by Dapper-D2

Very well exicuted Dapper...This is a nice addition to the fleet of speeders.. :classic: I like all the details on this one...It's slimmer, sleek and looks perfect :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very much improved! :wub: I love the slimmer look and the R5 unit. Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks MOOD! I'm a big fan of your work!

Very well exicuted Dapper...This is a nice addition to the fleet of speeders.. :classic: I like all the details on this one...It's slimmer, sleek and looks perfect :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Bud!

Wow Dapper-D2, this is so much better than the first version, I can't remember if I commented on it but that version was great but this is so much better, the detailing (the dint in the front, the damaged engine, and especialy the cockpit) is absolutely fantastic. The astromec is a big improvement on the last one (if you don't mind me saying) it looks much neater and more finished.

Now this is what I call an improvement! What a great landspeeder you have there - it's sleek, it's SNOT and detailed. I'd alreadt told you this about your previous version, but this windscreen really works perfectly for the landspeeder. Way better than the sleek, but not-accurate windscreen given in 8092. Last but not least; nice work on the irregular engines and interior, those blaster pistols really work well as a steering wheel. :thumbup:

I almost forgot to comment on the little fella; what a nice and cute astromech he is (any plans on making more of them?).

Edited by Hollander

Wow Dapper-D2, this is so much better than the first version, I can't remember if I commented on it but that version was great but this is so much better, the detailing (the dint in the front, the damaged engine, and especialy the cockpit) is absolutely fantastic. The astromec is a big improvement on the last one (if you don't mind me saying) it looks much neater and more finished.

Thanks Mr. Man! EB can be a tough crowd, so I knew if I didn’t make significant improvements it would not be well received. Believe it or not I have made some minor improvements to the Phat version and will be updating those photos in the near future. I also agree with you on the astromech.

Now this is what I call an improvement! What a great landspeeder you have there - it's sleek, it's SNOT and detailed. I'd alreadt told you this about your previous version, but this windscreen really works perfectly for the landspeeder. Way better than the sleek, but not-accurate windscreen given in 8092. Last but not least; nice work on the irregular engines and interior, those blaster pistols really work well as a steering wheel. :thumbup:

I almost forgot to comment on the little fella; what a nice and cute astromech he is (any plans on making more of them?).

Thanks Hollander! This will probably be my last landspeeder for a while, although I do have some ideas for a CHIBI and MOOD scale version. :wacko: People seem to like the astromechs, so I’ll keep them coming.

Great MOC, I like the handlebar of this perfect landspeeder! :thumbup:

The R2 unit looks like the real one in the movie! Funny dialogue with uncle Owen :laugh:

Thank you!

You did a very, very good job!

Well done! :sweet:

Thanks!

You have one lucky son! I would love to have this to swoosh around my house. :grin: The astromech is so simple but genius.

You have one lucky son! I would love to have this to swoosh around my house. :grin: The astromech is so simple but genius.

Thanks, but I don't let my son play with this one. :sweet:

I can only agree with the general consensus - this is a great improvement! :thumbup:

Can I buy you astromech? :tongue:

Love the tiles...not many people bother to tile their entire MOC, especially the rarely seen bottom. So you should be applauded for that.

Also love the stand, I'm a big fan of stands where the vehicle rests on the stand and is not fixated to it. People want to pick up creations sometimes and they should be able to.

I can only agree with the general consensus - this is a great improvement! :thumbup:

Can I buy you astromech? :tongue:

Thanks! The droid is really simple to make. If you look closely you could probably easily build one.

Love the tiles...not many people bother to tile their entire MOC, especially the rarely seen bottom. So you should be applauded for that.

Also love the stand, I'm a big fan of stands where the vehicle rests on the stand and is not fixated to it. People want to pick up creations sometimes and they should be able to.

Thanks! I must say I agree with you completely about stands. I think stands should also be as inconspicuous as possible, because if they’re overdone they can detract from the build.

A vast improvement.

Much sleeker and better to look at.

:thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I like the improvements you've made. The two most prominent alterations – the replacement of the curved bricks with 33 slopes and the layer of tiling – serve to give the creation a completely new look, one far sleeker and more streamlined. Your SNOT core is also worthy of mention here, as this construction allows the aforementioned alterations to be made while retaining the clever use of the cheese and window pieces.

The new cockpit interior is just as impressive as the previous one, featuring a more accurate dashboard and the crucial stick shift. :sweet: Clever use of the pistols as the grips of the yoke.

It appears that the side-mounted turbine engines have been shifted downward such that they align with the axis of symmetry; while this is a deviation from the studio model, I must acknowledge that the overall result is much cleaner. The same could be said for the pronounced 'thinness' of the main body. Furthermore, many unnecessary edges have been removed from the rear end – very nice. I recall mentioning this in your previous MOC thread, and I'm very glad that a new member was able to improve upon a creation with feedback from the community.

I like the improvements you've made. The two most prominent alterations – the replacement of the curved bricks with 33 slopes and the layer of tiling – serve to give the creation a completely new look, one far sleeker and more streamlined. Your SNOT core is also worthy of mention here, as this construction allows the aforementioned alterations to be made while retaining the clever use of the cheese and window pieces.

The new cockpit interior is just as impressive as the previous one, featuring a more accurate dashboard and the crucial stick shift. :sweet: Clever use of the pistols as the grips of the yoke.

It appears that the side-mounted turbine engines have been shifted downward such that they align with the axis of symmetry; while this is a deviation from the studio model, I must acknowledge that the overall result is much cleaner. The same could be said for the pronounced 'thinness' of the main body. Furthermore, many unnecessary edges have been removed from the rear end – very nice. I recall mentioning this in your previous MOC thread, and I'm very glad that a new member was able to improve upon a creation with feedback from the community.

Thanks Fallen! I did take your comments to heart and made improvements to both Landspeeders based on your constructive criticism, including adding the stick shift. I must say I’m very impressed with your sharp eye for the details and noticing that the side-mounted turbine engines have been shifted downward, because this was something I went back and forth about while creating the MOC. As you have pointed out, I ultimately decided to keep them in line with the body for ease of build and because I felt moving them slightly upward would have made for some building problems that would have been hard to overcome in this streamlined version.

Congratulations again on becoming a Rebel Blogger!

A vast improvement.

Much sleeker and better to look at.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thank you!