Sign in to follow this  
Bricksandparts

Armored Assault Tank (LDD MOC)

I voted for the Sheathipede-class shuttle, TLG's version was disappointing, and the great features you put into this would make for a brilliant shuttle. Incidentally if you do make this ship (:wink:) are you thinking of making the maned version with the cockpit piece or the unmanned version (like TLG version) and will it be the armed version with the tail gun.

I'll tell you all the truth. I didn't really realize that there are two types of Sheathipede-class shuttles. I thought it was mainly for transport, but if there are two, I'll make one first, and then edit it to make the other. I'll probably just make the transport-use shuttle first. I don't know if anyone here knows, but is this a good representation of the inside of a transport Sheathipede-class shuttle?

http://www.colonialchrome.co.uk/Ships/Generic/G_HCS_Sheathipede.html

Wait, what's wrong with the cannon?

Looking at it again, I think it may be a tad thick where it hinges. Slimming it down in accordance with the pictures I've provided would also allow you to build up the blister under it as I've said. :wink:

As for the interior of the Sheathipede, unless a canon depiction exists (and I don't know of any) you can more or less build it as you see fit.

As for the interior of the Sheathipede, unless a canon depiction exists (and I don't know of any) you can more or less build it as you see fit.

Glimpses of the cockpit from CW and glimpses of the back from AOTC and ROTS.

I'm skeptical that this wouldn't fall over if it was built in real life. LDD is awesome, but I wish it would consider the weight of pieces as affected by gravity.

I'm skeptical that this wouldn't fall over if it was built in real life. LDD is awesome, but I wish it would consider the weight of pieces as affected by gravity.

Well, in star-wars it is a hover-craft, so it doesn't matter. Though I believe it may fall over if built in real life, but I'm just modeling it, not trying to change how it looks so that it won't topple over.

I have chosen Sheathipede-class transport shuttle from the vote. I'll close the vote and start work on it as soon as I can.

Will you share the file for this one as well :classic:?

In the movies, the AAT has more curves, less details, and looks more compact/consistent.

However, I like your built a lot, simply because it looks very tank-ish.

I have chosen Sheathipede-class transport shuttle from the vote. I'll close the vote and start work on it as soon as I can.

I'll be looking forward to it, then. :sweet: Until then...

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Very nicely done. If TLG decides to remake this set I hope they see yours. The brick build bottom is a nice touch. My only complaint is the turret/cockpit should be one stud shorter. Looks slightly too big. :thumbup:

Very nicely done. If TLG decides to remake this set I hope they see yours. The brick build bottom is a nice touch. My only complaint is the turret/cockpit should be one stud shorter. Looks slightly too big. :thumbup:

But that was the one stud higher I used to let me not dis-configure the entire top... I barely got the top on. I don't think I'll be able to make it any shorter...

I suggest you start a new topic for this MOC.

I looks great so far the canopy piece is perfect and the aerial array is great. On the front on the bricks next to the headlights you could do with adding some gun ports, I'm sure there positioned there.

I suggest you start a new topic for this MOC.

I looks great so far the canopy piece is perfect and the aerial array is great. On the front on the bricks next to the headlights you could do with adding some gun ports, I'm sure there positioned there.

I've put it here because it is a WIP, but I suppose you are right. I'll probably be making different models of it. One without cockpit, one a battle model etc.

It's coming along nicely. :thumbup: Have you considered SNOTing the sloping edges on either side of the dorsal fin? I think tiles would look cleaner than stacked 33 slopes.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png