Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

MOC: Gas welder in action

Neat little MOC 'AS'! What did you use to simulate the torch, PF light or other? default_classic.gif

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of Westimation and aren't familiar with light model railways but, it seems relatively easy default_classic.gif

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Neat little MOC 'AS'! What did you use to simulate the torch, PF light or other? default_classic.gif

Bought from a NZ auction site, see ad below.

I also bought a fire simulator, but added brighter LED's to put in a burning LEGO building.

Ad start:

Simulate a Welder on your model railway or motor vehicle scene .

Complete with a start flash and random on and off times, just like a real welder operator would do.

Could be used for model tanks and guns.

Runs on 4.5-6V, Plug pack (old Cell phone charger) or battery operation.

Size 22x10mm Approx, Supplied complete with Flasher Module, 1 Super bright White 3mm LED and easy to follow instructions

Using latest microprocessor technology and professionally assembled.

See You Tube and search for Westimation.

Email address

Proudly designed and made in New Zealand.

Edited by AllanSmith

I always use two small SMD led's (white and blue) and connect them + to - and - to +. Then using tiny wires I connect them to an arduino. By using the random function and setting the leads to +/- or -/+ it is really realistic. I hope to post a vid of it some day. This is also a nice idea but my smd solution is very simple and more realistic (did it first time for LEGO World 2010, children love it! my welder welds trains in the large red train engine shed).

Costed me about 5 minutes to solder and program.

Greetz Johan @AllanSmith: keep doing the good bricking work!

Great work 'Allan', I have seen this lighting trick at a train show....tiny figures welding on a railway bridge. :wink:

Neat welding rig, Brick On Weld On ! :laugh:

I decided that the welding flashes were more arc welding than gas welding so i have just thrown together this little arc welder for my man to use :classic:

welderarc0002.jpg

welderarc0003.jpg

a nice addition! Hope I won't forget to make a short tutorial for even a better welding solution :)

Both of them are very nice tiny MOCs!

Uses a welding simulator circuit from Westimation in New Zealand

This is the first time I see something like this, and it does its job pretty well... I'm always a fan of lighting elements in Lego dioramas. :classic:

That's really cool man. I like the detail with gauges. The lighting effect is the icing on the cake. My brother is welder I will have to show this to him next time I see him.