M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] CHIBI Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Does anyone remember this theme? Yeah, I almost forgot about it too till I had the need to build in a different scale (again). This is my 2nd entry for the Community Build!

cs1.jpg

I know alot of people will say that this looks alot like a Cubedude, but, honestly, I didn't know what that was when I came up with this idea. This also marks my final MOC of 2011! Happy New Year, everybody! :sweet:

cs2.jpg

You can check out my entire gallery of CHIBIs on Mocpages:

My link

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Not bad 'Mood', but I remember this from somewhere 'Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper ?' :laugh:

Great speeder bike too ! :classic:

Not bad 'Mood', but I remember this from somewhere 'Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper ?' :laugh:

Great speeder bike too ! :classic:

HAHA! Thanks, dude! :laugh:

Very good, Moodswim! I'm amazed at how much posability you managed to keep in such short arms and legs! Looks like the Imperials figured that you can only fight cuteness with cuteness. :laugh:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

A chibi scale model... It's been a while I have that in mind.

Well, I have way too little time to achieve all the ideas I have. So, I focus in SW and UCS, which is special to me. :)

I like this model. Especially the scout trooper.

Edited by Anio

This has got to be my favorite of all your Chibi builds. The Scouts helmet is just amazing. :wub: One would think that it would be nigh impossible to capture all the curves, but you've translated them into simple LEGO shapes perfectly. :thumbup: The 74-Z does look a little blocky, but with this style of figure, it fits in just right.

Outstanding work again ''M<0><0<DSWIM''. The speeder bike is a little blocky indeed, but who cares? It's all about the amazing Scout trooper anyway. The helmet is probably the best part indeed, although the torso seems great too. :wink:

I can't really comment on it now M<0><0<DSWIM, after seeing the helmet in the second pic all I can think is how much like the actual Chibi action figure this looks :drool:.

Those chibi built figures look like a lot of fun to display. I like the elements you used, for example the helmets snout for a scifi keyboard plate.

This is by far the best thing I've ever seen you build! I absolutely love it. The Chibi characteristics are so evident in this creation.

Very good, Moodswim! I'm amazed at how much posability you managed to keep in such short arms and legs! Looks like the Imperials figured that you can only fight cuteness with cuteness. :laugh:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

HAHA! :laugh: Thanks for blogging!

A chibi scale model... It's been a while I have that in mind.

Well, I have way too little time to achieve all the ideas I have. So, I focus in SW and UCS, which is special to me. :)

I like this model. Especially the scout trooper.

Thanks! I'm sure building in UCS scale is VERY time-consuming and you're great at it, so I wouldn't worry about other scales. :wink:

This has got to be my favorite of all your Chibi builds. The Scouts helmet is just amazing. :wub: One would think that it would be nigh impossible to capture all the curves, but you've translated them into simple LEGO shapes perfectly. :thumbup: The 74-Z does look a little blocky, but with this style of figure, it fits in just right.

Thanks, Doc! I feel with any figure build, especially one where the head is ENORMOUS :laugh: , that it will be the most important part and the focal point of the model. So, I worked the most on getting the head to look as accurate as possible. I wanted the speeder to look somewhat accurate and recognizable, but still chunky and chibi-like.

This is by far the best thing I've ever seen you build! I absolutely love it. The Chibi characteristics are so evident in this creation.

Thanks, man! I'm glad you like this. :classic:

Ah, Mood. If i didn't know what a 'Chibi' is,i wouldn't be a LEGO fan :laugh:

This is simply amazing! Well, all of your MOCS are :wink:

Ah, Mood. If i didn't know what a 'Chibi' is,i wouldn't be a LEGO fan :laugh:

This is simply amazing! Well, all of your MOCS are :wink:

Haha! I didn't mean, does anyone remember the Chibi idea. I meant, does anyone remember MY take on the theme. :laugh: Thanks for the compliment! :classic:

Wow, yeah I remember these guys! They're quite good looking even if the shaping is a big chubby. :tongue: Nice work. I may dip into this theme. :sweet:

Wow, yeah I remember these guys! They're quite good looking even if the shaping is a big chubby. :tongue: Nice work. I may dip into this theme. :sweet:

Thanks! Chubby is pretty much what I'm going for, since they're supposed to look like fat little kids. :laugh: I'd love to see you build something in this theme, Masked! :sweet:

Thanks! Chubby is pretty much what I'm going for, since they're supposed to look like fat little kids. :laugh: I'd love to see you build something in this theme, Masked! :sweet:

I am certainly going to look into it! :sweet: