Brickdoctor

[LDD MOC] TIE/in Interceptor

gallery_101_23_281.gif

lddscreenshot69.png

I've had this built for a week, now, but, following my Star Wars Community Build tradition, I held off posting until the very last day. :grin:

Overall, I'm quite happy with it, considering that I built it in one day, the same way the rest of my Advent Calendar was constructed. (the LXF, by the way, was included at the end of that topic)

lddscreenshot70.png

I did end up using that 5-wide-core Lowell Sphere again, which I know isn't the greatest, but it was a quick solution that matched the other two TIEs I've built in LDD.

lddscreenshot71.png

The wings are a little gappy, and a lot simpler than I had thought they would be, but I think they work well.

lddscreenshot72.png

The connection between the pylons and the wings seems wrong, somehow, to me. I think the half of the pylon touching the cockpit ball is too thick, but I couldn't devise a better, finned solution using legal LDD connections.

lddscreenshot73.png

The above is my favorite part of the model. I've had a prototype of that section built for a couple months, now, and I finally get to use it. I was surprised that it actually worked in LDD.

The MOC was finished in December 25th, and, again, you can download the LXF for it, the TIE x1, the TIE/sa, and the rest of my remade Advent Calendar models in this topic. C&C welcome; thanks for looking! :classic:

lddscreenshot69.png

I've had this built for a week, now, but, following my Star Wars Community Build tradition, I held off posting until the very last day. :grin:

Overall, I'm quite happy with it, considering that I built it in one day, the same way the rest of my Advent Calendar was constructed. (the LXF, by the way, was included at the end of that topic)

lddscreenshot70.png

I did end up using that 5-wide-core Lowell Sphere again, which I know isn't the greatest, but it was a quick solution that matched the other two TIEs I've built in LDD.

lddscreenshot71.png

The wings are a little gappy, and a lot simpler than I had thought they would be, but I think they work well.

lddscreenshot72.png

The connection between the pylons and the wings seems wrong, somehow, to me. I think the half of the pylon touching the cockpit ball is too thick, but I couldn't devise a better, finned solution using legal LDD connections.

lddscreenshot73.png

The above is my favorite part of the model. I've had a prototype of that section built for a couple months, now, and I finally get to use it. I was surprised that it actually worked in LDD.

The MOC was finished in December 25th, and, again, you can download the LXF for it, the TIE x1, the TIE/sa, and the rest of my remade Advent Calendar models in this topic. C&C welcome; thanks for looking! :classic:

Very sweet TIE....You have some great LEGO skills... :thumbup: :thumbup:

AWESOME work, as usual, Doc! I absolutely love the back engine section. :wub: I agree that the shape/parts usage of the cockpit isn't the best (hopefully, you can devise something rounder), but, all in all, this is top-quality Brickdoctor building! :thumbup: Happy New Year, dude!

I said on the Advent thread this is incredible. The headlight brick technique for the rear of the solar panels is fantastic. I think this is the best of the lot :thumbup:.

Oh and lego envy there's no need to quote the entire post.

Although I doubt whether this one or your TIE Advanced x1 is the best, I think my preference goes to the TIE Interceptor due to it's level of detail. Even though this is probably not the most exciting section, the part connecting the wings with the cockpit is very well designed. However, the back is still the best part in my opinion, who doesn't love some SNOT'ted, circular cheese slopes? :tongue:

Anyway, great work Doc. I would still love to see one of those build in real bricks.

Although I doubt whether this one or your TIE Advanced x1 is the best, I think my preference goes to the TIE Interceptor due to it's level of detail.

Plus the proportions of the TIE x1 are way off.

A really, really nice MOC Doc!

The TIE Interseptor is my favourite TIE ship (The Tie Defender is EU So I don't count it)so it is always nice to se a lego fan do it the justice it deserves. Some great details but like you say that back of the main pod has turned out really good! :sweet:

Wow, another great TIE from you. I really want to see one of these in real LEGO :wink: I must say the back is my favorite part, and how you made it is very clever.

Great job :thumbup:

Are the "wings" connected to the pod with technic? I'm somewhat doubtful this design would hold up with the weight of the panels. Otherwise, nice design.

Are the "wings" connected to the pod with technic? I'm somewhat doubtful this design would hold up with the weight of the panels. Otherwise, nice design.

This design is rather fragile. Given more time, I could probably build in a Technic axle. This is another model I plan to revisit later.

Very nice model :thumbup: I especially like that you have use bricks to construct the wings. I would have thought they would be too blocky, but I must admit the result is very effective. I really like the patten between the wing bricks as well. I wonder how apparent that pattern would be on a real model - best I build one, just to check :wink:

Great work Doc! :thumbup: That engine section on the back looks so cool. And you've pulled off yet another amazing MOC!

Looks good doc! What's that pattern on the side, SNOT, or Tiles? Any plans of building it out of real bricks? :thumbup:

Edited by DobbyClone

Looks good doc! What's that pattern on the side, SNOT, or Tiles? Any plans of building it out of real bricks? :thumbup:

Which pattern? The black areas are just regular bricks, except for the center section of the wings, which has some headlight bricks in it. The edges of the wings are hinges, tiles, and plates, and the lines on the sides of the wings are tiles. No plans of building it in real bricks at the moment; the design is too fragile, and the model is overall too small.